ADVERTISEMENT

Fulton to Tri-County

What is Fulton’s size compared to the other tri county teams?

Fulton 520
Osage 512
Eldon 447
Boonville 445
SoBoCo 401
Blair Oaks 344
Hallsville 336
California 319

Original Tri-County from the early 30s was California, Versailles, Tipton and Eldon. Later came in Osage, Stover, Camdenton, Iberia, Blair Oaks and Warsaw, on and off. Some time around 10 years ago, Hallsville and Southern Boone joined.

I have been told the NCMC is going to be very aggressive in finding new members.

2 schools have been contacted and are willing to listen. Heard they will approach another 2-4 quickly.

Interesting, I say the 2 Schools were probably was Bowling Green, and North Callaway, if it ain’t them I say it’s Chillicothe, & Smith-Cotton I been saying this for numerous years now but I think it’s time for the CCC and NCMC combined conferences to make a 2 division conference, and add Bowling Green and North Callaway from EMO

East would be Bowling Green, Clark County, Highland, Monroe City, Palmyra, and South Shelby

West would be Centralia, Kirksville, Macon, Mexico, Moberly and North Callaway

Last edited:
Chilli is in the mec, to me they should be the big dog in the conference. Now with st pius putting the money in they will be the big dog.

Centralia and Macon are the two best fits, but none of the schools listed ITT will be interested in joining as long as Hannibal is still in the league.

Until you see how much Macon has played Kirksville and Moberly over the years and Centralia with Mexico.
Centralia picked up Kirksville this year replacing Brookfield. But Centralias enrollment isn’t getting bigger either. The 8th grade class had just 80 graduate. And most of the class sizes are 100 to 104 by DESE. So they will be around 290 to 300 after this year I would guess. I think the NCMC need to look at some bigger schools than these 2.

Centralia picked up Kirksville this year replacing Brookfield. But Centralias enrollment isn’t getting bigger either. The 8th grade class had just 80 graduate. And most of the class sizes are 100 to 104 by DESE. So they will be around 290 to 300 after this year I would guess. I think the NCMC need to look at some bigger schools than these 2.
Honestly who would NCMC pick up in bigger schools. The only ones that makes geography sense would be Boonville, Chillicothe and Smith-Cotton? Macon is 4-2 over Kirksville in football the past 6 years. both Clark County and Palmyra is 2-0 against Kirksville back in the 2018 and 2019 Football seasons!!! I don’t see an issue with an Enrollment issues with Centralia and Macon playing Kirksville. The issue would be Kirksville being the top team in enrollment in NCMC after Hannibal leaves.

I pick 7 rural conferences and they’re is differential issue from the top and bottom schools in almost every conference.

CCC
Macon 319
Centralia 311
Palmyra 294
Clark County 238
Monroe City 195
Highland 194
South Shelby 181

EMO
**Wright City 417
Bowling Green 273
Montgomery County 271
North Callaway 264
Mark Twain 185
Louisiana 158
Van-Far 135

Four Rivers
Union 779
Pacific 736
Sullivan 536
St Clair 507
Owensville 427
St James 403
Hermann 243

Midland Empire
Savannah 539
Lafayette (St Joseph) 538
Benton 517
Chillicothe 467
Maryville 380
Cameron 371
St Pius X 276

MRVC East
Knob Noster 391
Richmond 355
Holden 299
Lexington 254
Lafayette County 231
Carrollton 189

MRVC West
Warrensburg 752
Harrisonville 579
Pleasant Hill 536
Center 532
Odessa 504
Clinton 461
Oak Grove 429

NCMC
** Hannibal 797
Kirksville 601
Marshall 581
Mexico 565
Moberly 497

Tri County
Fulton 520
Osage 512
Eldon 447
Boonville 445
Southern Boone 401
Blair Oaks 344
Hallsville 336
California 319

Last edited:
Reactions: Treadmill
Honestly who would NCMC pick up in bigger schools. The only ones that makes geography sense would be Boonville, Chillicothe and Smith-Cotton?

Macon is 4-2 over Kirksville in football the past 6 years. both Clark County and Palmyra is 2-0 against Kirksville back in the 2018 and 2019 Football seasons!!! I don’t see an issue with an Enrollment issues with Centralia and Macon playing Kirksville. The issue would be Kirksville being the top team in enrollment in NCMC after Hannibal leaves.
Chillicothe, Boonville and Hallsville would be the first three And all 3 of their enrollments have increased the past 4 years by over 35 students each. So they are trending up. Macon and Centralia's have basically stayed the same -5 and -1. And like I said i the earlier post Centralia had a class of 80 just graduate 8th grade.

If they dominated the CCC I could understand the move. But they don't. The girls bball team just won their first CCC championship since 1978. Boys basketball prolly 20 years. Football 4 years. Track and wrestling they have won several CCC titles.

I just think there are better options, and it may well be Macon and Centralia when all is said and done.
And it really doesn't matter to me I'm getting to old to go to the games anyway and losing more interest by the year.

Last edited:
Boonville left the NCMC after the 17-18 year. Chilli left after 85-86.. What makes anybody think they are coming back? Hallsville numbers are 336 and I would be surprised they would leave their conference.

Reactions: Treadmill
Enrollments
Kirksville 601
Marshall 581
Mexico 565
Moberly 497
Centralia 311
Macon 319

They do not look like a good fit to me.
They’re both class 3 schools geographically located in the middle of the conference. Both schools regularly play NCMC schools in the non-con and do well. They’re a good fit except for the Hannibal mismatch. No way they join if Hannibal stays.

Reactions: Wheels 1
When you look at Hallsville, Macon and Centralia they all fit under the 2.0 ratio as long as Hannibal is out.
All 3 compete in the same classes and districts with NCMC schools and play in nearly all sports during their regular seasons.
Another school I think will be part of the discussion is Father Tolton. I know many will not like this but they would be the smallest school, are typically in the same class/district and play most of the schools in the regular season.

East would be Bowling Green, Clark County, Highland, Monroe City, Palmyra, and South Shelby

West would be Centralia, Kirksville, Macon, Mexico, Moberly and North Callaway
Honestly I think my idea will work perfect for all teams geographically. Just combined both conferences split them into two divisions. 5 conferences 2 interconference and 2 non-Conference games.
Centralia and Macon will always be under the CCC name, they will never leave and nobody else want see that.

Here my opinion for the whole situation.

1. Centralia and Macon will not leave the CCC.
2. Either EMO or NCMC will collapse by the next 5 years.
3. potential of Hannibal leaving NCMC. Wright City is getting to big for EMO and gain about 50 Students the pass 4 years. South Shelby was rumor to leave CCC last year and Bowling Green is possibly looking a way out of EMO to join CCC

Honestly I think my idea will work perfect for all teams geographically. Just combined both conferences split them into two divisions. 5 conferences 2 interconference and 2 non-Conference games.
Centralia and Macon will always be under the CCC name, they will never leave and nobody else want see that.

Here my opinion for the whole situation.

1. Centralia and Macon will not leave the CCC.
2. Either EMO or NCMC will collapse by the next 5 years.
3. potential of Hannibal leaving NCMC. Wright City is getting to big for EMO and gain about 50 Students the pass 4 years. South Shelby was rumor to leave CCC last year and Bowling Green is possibly looking a way out of EMO to join CCC

Expect Wright City to leave after the new high school is built. They didn't feel they had the facilities to move yet.

My understanding is Hannibal had an option to join the GAC before but didn’t want to placed in the GAC south. With Wright City potentially joining and Troy looking to transform their 9th grade center into a second HS, they would have an opportunity to be in a division with schools closer to their size.

Don't think they are in the AAA anymore.
Who are you referring too? Macon, Centralia and Hallsville have never been part of the AAA. I can see why Fulton left the NCMC, because of Hannibal, saw greener pastures, but the others to move?
I could see Wright City leave, but I would think it would be to the east, not northwest.

Who are you referring too? Macon, Centralia and Hallsville have never been part of the AAA. I can see why Fulton left the NCMC, because of Hannibal, saw greener pastures, but the others to move?
I could see Wright City leave, but I would think it would be to the east, not northwest.
I think he’s referring to Father Tolton

Expect Wright City to leave after the new high school is built. They didn't feel they had the facilities to move yet.

My understanding is Hannibal had an option to join the GAC before but didn’t want to placed in the GAC south. With Wright City potentially joining and Troy looking to transform their 9th grade center into a second HS, they would have an opportunity to be in a division with schools closer to their size.
Heard that same rumor for the past 2 years , but are u sure u meant to say GAC North? Why would Hannibal was going to be place in GAC South when GAC South is the C5/C6 Schools?

North
Warrenton 738
St Charles 616
Orchard Farm 486
St Charles West 485
Wright City 417
Winfield 386

Central
Fort Zumwalt North 1120
Washington 984
Fort Zumwalt South 976
North Point 943
Fort Zumwalt East 920
Holt 858
Hannibal 797

South
Troy 1652
Francis Howell 1387
Francis Howell Central 1333
Ft Zumwalt West 1284
Francis Howell North 1268
Timberland 1247
Liberty (Wentzville) 1244

Heard that same rumor for the past 2 years , but are u sure u meant to say GAC North? Why would Hannibal was going to be place in GAC South when GAC South is the C5/C6 Schools?

North
Warrenton 738
St Charles 616
Orchard Farm 486
St Charles West 485
Wright City 417
Winfield 386

Central
Fort Zumwalt North 1120
Washington 984
Fort Zumwalt South 976
North Point 943
Fort Zumwalt East 920
Holt 858
Hannibal 797

South
Troy 1652
Francis Howell 1387
Francis Howell Central 1333
Ft Zumwalt West 1284
Francis Howell North 1268
Timberland 1247
Liberty (Wentzville) 1244

You are correct I meant GAC North. They wanted to be placed in the Central but GAC wanted them in the North.

You got to think if Troy splits into Troy and Moscow Mills that would make the GAC even more appealing to Hannibal. Also rumor is Washington might be heading back south of the river with a new conference to form with Rolla, Union, Pacific, Northwest, Sullivan, and Borgia.

You got to think if Troy splits into Troy and Moscow Mills that would make the GAC even more appealing to Hannibal. Also rumor is Washington might be heading back south of the river with a new conference to form with Rolla, Union, Pacific, Northwest, Sullivan, and Borgia.

I had heard Washington wanted out but the 4 rivers wouldn’t accept them or Rolla.

I thought Washington was out the 4Rivers several years ago. Cuba does make sense to 4 rivers. Salem? What conference are you talking about?

can someone explain me how Hermann still in 4 Rivers. Smallest school in the conference and dropping enrollment every year. They play couple schools 3 times their size. Though Hermann would go north and join EMO?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT