ADVERTISEMENT

Fulton to Tri-County

On the subject of football and Hannibal. Exactly 2 months away until the season starts. I don’t know how Hannibal will fear this season with no aneyas. I’m taking a 6-3 regular season and a district championship loss for the pirates.

I thought Washington was out the 4Rivers several years ago. Cuba does make sense to 4 rivers. Salem? What conference are you talking about?
This past winter – Rolla, Cuba, and Salem all applied to join the Four Rivers Conference. Union, Pacific, and Sullivan wanted to split the conference into a large and small school division. St. Clair put the splits on in since they would have been in the large division. During this time discussions also started about a new conference or larger Four Rivers large school division with Washington, Borgia, and Northwest entering the conversation.

Cuba just joined the I-55 Conference or whatever they are calling it now since their pity party with St. Pius X. That is a football only conference but if the Four Rivers would call, I’m sure they would give up going to Jefferson County.

Another thing to consider with the Four Rivers Large/Small school thing is the Gasconade Valley Conference is on thin ice. Vienna left to join the new Show Me Conference. Belle wanted to join as well but was rejected from that one. They might find a home in the Frisco League though. That leaves Cuba, Steelville, and Bourbon looking for an all-sports conference home. They would fit fine with St. James, Owensville, Hermann, New Haven, and St. Clair.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT