ADVERTISEMENT

Open Enrollment Kansas

Exactly what I expected. The rich parts of Johnson County are inundated with requests while Wyandotte County has openings everywhere.
Assume the same thing would happen in KC and STL. How does that affect the budgets of the losing districts? How do you plan a budget if you have lots of students exit unexpectedly?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/multiple-johnson-county-schools-report-231942856.html
What will happen is most of these students transferring are good students with good support at home, students who had good grades at their former school will continue to have good grades at their new school.

So we'll end up where the schools with good test scores will get even better and the schools with bad scores will get abysmal. Without any actual change in the teaching or administration.

Reactions: 65TPT
What will happen is most of these students transferring are good students with good support at home, students who had good grades at their former school will continue to have good grades at their new school.

So we'll end up where the schools with good test scores will get even better and the schools with bad scores will get abysmal. Without any actual change in the teaching or administration.
Mcdonalds All American Games Bingo GIF

Many more schools will be losing accreditation and closing their doors in the future! But hey, NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND!

The kids who are legitimately struggling and could maybe use the change of scenery will never have the means to get to another school district for 170 days of schools. Heck many of them miss 15+ % days of school as it is. Exactly right that the ones with a good support structure will do fine, and take money away from the ones who are in rough situations and struggling.

Reactions: 65TPT

Some will and some will do better now that there is a form of accountability. It will be different everywhere. I’m curious how things will be in 5 years

Problem is gonna be schools refusing certain kids and accepting others.
I've considered the what-if scenario and really I think it will be a non-issue because in most cases the schools everyone will want to transfer to will already be full and not accepting transfers. I would be shocked if Webb City accepted transfers around here. They are already worried about their enrollment without non resident transfers.

Would be interesting if some schools said no transfers but kept a back door open for families with the right stuff though. Will probably happen somewhere.

I've considered the what-if scenario and really I think it will be a non-issue because in most cases the schools everyone will want to transfer to will already be full and not accepting transfers. I would be shocked if Webb City accepted transfers around here. They are already worried about their enrollment without non resident transfers.

Would be interesting if some schools said no transfers but kept a back door open for families with the right stuff though. Will probably happen somewhere.
There will be 'certain' kids that get in wherever they want.

Bookmarket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT