ADVERTISEMENT

Fulton to Tri-County

On the subject of football and Hannibal. Exactly 2 months away until the season starts. I don’t know how Hannibal will fear this season with no aneyas. I’m taking a 6-3 regular season and a district championship loss for the pirates.

I thought Washington was out the 4Rivers several years ago. Cuba does make sense to 4 rivers. Salem? What conference are you talking about?
This past winter – Rolla, Cuba, and Salem all applied to join the Four Rivers Conference. Union, Pacific, and Sullivan wanted to split the conference into a large and small school division. St. Clair put the splits on in since they would have been in the large division. During this time discussions also started about a new conference or larger Four Rivers large school division with Washington, Borgia, and Northwest entering the conversation.

Cuba just joined the I-55 Conference or whatever they are calling it now since their pity party with St. Pius X. That is a football only conference but if the Four Rivers would call, I’m sure they would give up going to Jefferson County.

Another thing to consider with the Four Rivers Large/Small school thing is the Gasconade Valley Conference is on thin ice. Vienna left to join the new Show Me Conference. Belle wanted to join as well but was rejected from that one. They might find a home in the Frisco League though. That leaves Cuba, Steelville, and Bourbon looking for an all-sports conference home. They would fit fine with St. James, Owensville, Hermann, New Haven, and St. Clair.

Here's an update on the NCMC: They are conversing with three previously named schools. Two are on board, and one is considering. I'm sure you can guess who the three are. My understanding is that all three are a package deal.

Hannibal is looking for a new conference. At least for football anyway. Their options are as follows: Stay in the NCMC for all sports but football and either join the CMAC or GAC for football only or go independent. They also could join and would prefer the GAC for all sports.

Expect all this to be final near the end of winter sport or the beginning of spring and Start for the 2026 season.

Fulton had recommitted to the NCMC after being rejected the 1st time by the Tri-County, then bailed without notice a few weeks later. My understanding is that everyone else in the league is NOT happy, as Hannibal was already working on an exit plan, and a few schools had expressed interest once they were out.

Reactions: Treadmill
Chillicothe, Boonville and Hallsville would be the first three And all 3 of their enrollments have increased the past 4 years by over 35 students each. So they are trending up. Macon and Centralia's have basically stayed the same -5 and -1. And like I said i the earlier post Centralia had a class of 80 just graduate 8th grade.

If they dominated the CCC I could understand the move. But they don't. The girls bball team just won their first CCC championship since 1978. Boys basketball prolly 20 years. Football 4 years. Track and wrestling they have won several CCC titles.

I just think there are better options, and it may well be Macon and Centralia when all is said and done.
And it really doesn't matter to me I'm getting to old to go to the games anyway and losing more interest by the year.
Our heros are gone. I don't even recognize what we are trying to do anymore. Being so far out of the loop now, I too am losing interest.

Sounds like you guys could make some noise this year, so you have that to lean on.

Our heros are gone. I don't even recognize what we are trying to do anymore. Being so far out of the loop now, I too am losing interest.

Sounds like you guys could make some noise this year, so you have that to lean on.
Yea we could. But we are putting in an new offense so that bothers me a little. Defense looks good. Macon was at Moberly Jamboree this year and looked a lot better. I’m like you losing interest.

Here's an update on the NCMC: They are conversing with three previously named schools. Two are on board, and one is considering. I'm sure you can guess who the three are. My understanding is that all three are a package deal.

Hannibal is looking for a new conference. At least for football anyway. Their options are as follows: Stay in the NCMC for all sports but football and either join the CMAC or GAC for football only or go independent. They also could join and would prefer the GAC for all sports.
Hopefully Hannibal Joins GAC just for football. They’re is 3 ways I see Hannibal joining the GAC.

1. If The GAC Conference let Hannibal in the Central not the North division.

2. if Troy, Wentzville or Ft Zumwalt/Francis Howell School district builds another High School and also brings in Wright City

3. A Package deal that has Hannibal, Wright City, and Bowling Green or Montgomery City Joining the GAC.

The GAC and CMAC have both recently told Hannibal no for joining either conference.

Hopefully Hannibal Joins GAC just for football. They’re is 3 ways I see Hannibal joining the GAC.

1. If The GAC Conference let Hannibal in the Central not the North division.

2. if Troy, Wentzville or Ft Zumwalt/Francis Howell School district builds another High School and also brings in Wright City

3. A Package deal that has Hannibal, Wright City, and Bowling Green or Montgomery City Joining the GAC.

Troy and Wentzville both will have new Highschools. Not sure on the timeline for the Wentzville district but Troy’s plan is 3-4 years. Wright City will be in the GAC in 2 years.

The GAC and CMAC have both recently told Hannibal no for joining either conference.

I believe that. I think they eventually join the GAC but not until Troy splits and Washington leaves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT