ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship predictions

I plead ignorance!
All schools have “problem kids”
How does Webb, Blair oaks, Lamar, Jackson, Hillsboro, and others succeed under these disadvantaged conditions?
If Valle turned 50 kids away for the reason you said, they would still be eligible for the 8 man classification. And that is not BS!!!
And sir, when you said it was “weird that I showed up in September to regale with my wisdom” and asked “where I coached” ….I thought my responses had everything to do with what you typed!!!
I am not a homer or a honk, as you have called me! I am for high caliber athletics/football at all 7 classifications. Kicking the privates to the curb weakens us all! The above mentioned successful public school football coaches feel the same! That being said, Valle will have to play their best game of the year and get lucky to beat Lamar, even with all of the advantages spoken of! “Stamp it”

Reactions: Taco Tico
I plead ignorance!
How does Webb, Blair oaks, Lamar, Jackson, Hillsboro, and others succeed under these disadvantaged conditions?
If Valle turned 50 kids away for the reason you said, they would still be eligible for the 8 man classification. And that is not BS!!!
And sir, when you said it was “weird that I showed up in September to regale with my wisdom” and asked “where I coached” ….I thought my responses had everything to do with what you typed!!!
I am not a homer or a honk, as you have called me! I am for high caliber athletics/football at all 7 classifications. Kicking the privates to the curb weakens us all! The above mentioned successful public school football coaches feel the same! That being said, Valle will have to play their best game of the year and get lucky to beat Lamar, even with all of the advantages spoken of! “Stamp it”
Private schools don't have problem kids. They boot them.

Publics really can't do that.

Imagine if Lamar could kick all the bad apples so that 85% of their population was playing football (like Valle.)

They'd qualify for 8 man.

Congrats on another title Valle. See you next year in class 3!

• Wow
Reactions: Saints-1-fan
CBC is getting slept on. Should be a heck of a battle.
No one outside of this forum is sleeping on CBC. PrepsKC and this message board forum will be the only places you’ll see most picking Liberty North. Most will pick CBC.

Reactions: _slo_mo_
I plead ignorance!
I think I know the real issue with my dear friend Veer. He wants Valle to win, even though he’s also making this argument to you. Here’s why, here’s what I’m thinking. Hear me out, if Valle wins? They move up out of his teams class. That’s all he cares about. Even if the public school loses. It’s a price he’s willing to make/take.

I think I know the real issue with my dear friend Veer. He wants Valle to win, even though he’s also making this argument to you. Here’s why, here’s what I’m thinking. Hear me out, if Valle wins? They move up out of his teams class. That’s all he cares about. Even if the public school loses. It’s a price he’s willing to make/take.
No matter what happens, I'll be happy.

For the most part

. I'll tell mullet my prediction and we can talk about it after the game.

Nothing in what you posted has anything to do with what I typed.
Valle has an advantage because they don't have 'problem' kids. Not because there aren't those types of kids in every area but becauase they don't let them attend. They end up at the public school where they are forced to take any child. Then they count against the MSHSAA number and voila.

So stop with the BS. Anyone who says it's not an advantage is just a homer or ignorant of how it works.
No private school outside of STL or KC is turning away any potential student (problem or otherwise). Their very survival depends on enrollment, which is trending down at most non-city privates.

I plead ignorance!
He's spent the last 20+ years whining and making excuses why his team does nothing of note. Best thing to do is ignore it. Winners win, losers lose. And whiny ass losers look for someone to blame.

No private school outside of STL or KC is turning away any potential student (problem or otherwise). Their very survival depends on enrollment, which is trending down at most non-city privates.
Valle isn't taking a severe SPED kid.

Or a kid with purple hair that skips half of school days.

Don't even try that.

Reactions: MIZZOU71
You posted it. You show us where i'm taking it out of context.
Be a man and stand behind your words

Valle has higher caliber kids according to this former Valle coach.
Sorry Lamar.
Here is the whole post...you insinuate that I believe Valle has no advantages over public schools which is not at all what I said...MAYBE YOU NEED TO READ THIS AGAIN!!!
I'm pointing out the logical fallacy of your attack on the other private schools 'big donors'.

Clearly valle gives scholarships. Appears that 80%+ of the males enrolled play football, it's safe to say some football players are getting breaks from 'donors'.
The rumors about Valle recruiting, giving scholarships, and screening/limiting enrollment have been around for years...and they are all so stupid.

Valle has really low numbers...they are lucky to even be afloat. They have had some good athletes over the years...but never a D-I athlete and damn few even D-II or NAIA.

Some years they have been really talented...but some years they have actually won with mostly pretty average athletes...and their coaching, culture, and tradition has carried them.

Anybody realizes that ANY private school has an advantage over public schools the same size because if parents think enough of their kids to pay tuition to send them to a private school...the kids have push, support, and direction from home...which unfortunately a good number of kids at most public schools DON'T have.

At most private schools...almost every kid participates in some (and usually multiple activities)...and that is not the case at most public schools.

Nobody is going to feel sorry for Valle...and I think they should play up a class...Class-2 is fair for them.

The sad thing is...only the smaller schools get punished. What levels the playing field for the Class-6 Private schools?

CBC can roll out a team every years with 4-6 D-I players and a slew of D-II/NAIA supporting players....at Troy Buchanan we've had exactly ONE D-I player in the history of the school and damn few D-II or NAIA?

Is that fair? No...but Veer says that MSHSAA "coddles" Class 6. Hell...Class-6 in football and boys basketball is probably the MOST unfair division of them all (save for maybe Incarnate Word in Girls Basketball).

Also...can you really compare Valle to the Metro area Privates who seemingly recruit pretty well as they roll out multiple high level college athletes each year?

The system is obviously broken...as the D-I talent in St. Louis used to be pretty spread amongst several schools...it now is seemingly concentrated in a very few.

What's the answer? I don't know. However...Valle wins a lot because of their tradition, culture, and coaching. So do many great public school programs like Blair Oaks, Lamar, and Webb City.

Valle mostly has good to really good Class-2 type athletes...definitely not top level Class-3. They belong in Class-2...not in Class-3. Valle had some pretty good teams get handled easily by Class-2 Lamar when they played twice just a few years back.

Valle has no real inherit advantages over other nearby small privates like St. Vincent and St. Pius in Festus. Their tradition/culture/coaching is just better.

You want to talk about unfair? If Troy Buchanan girls basketball can win Districts (like they have for the last couple of years)...their "reward" is getting smashed by national power-house Incarnate Word Academy in the next round.

Again...I don't know what the answer is. If you separate Public & Private schools...does that fix everything? I don't know the answer...but it seems unfair to punish Valle by 2-classes...when schools that really do recruit a lot of high level D-I talent...don't really care...or CAN'T be bumped up.

College football is better this year because of parity...most of the top level talent is not stock-piled in the same 4-6 schools like it has been for the past several years.

The transfer portal and NIL have seemed to had the OPPOSITE affect of what I and most of us feared...the rich have seemingly NOT gotten richer. It seems to have brought about more parity which I think is good for the sport.

What can be done to bring more parity to HS athletics (where seemingly in football it seems to be the worst)???

I don't have the answer...wish I did...

That map is Garbo
STL Ends at Arnold
If Warrensburg is KC then so is Sedalia and St Joe
SW enda at 54
The QB for Warrensburg is a finalist for the Fontana Award given to the Top Small Class Player in the KC Metro area at the Simone Awards. So it looks like the KC Metro area is expanding. I wouldn't consider Warrensburg in the KC Metro but it's whatever I guess.

Here is the whole post...you insinuate that I believe Valle has no advantages over public schools which is not at all what I said...MAYBE YOU NEED TO READ THIS AGAIN!!!

The rumors about Valle recruiting, giving scholarships, and screening/limiting enrollment have been around for years...and they are all so stupid.

Valle has really low numbers...they are lucky to even be afloat. They have had some good athletes over the years...but never a D-I athlete and damn few even D-II or NAIA.

Some years they have been really talented...but some years they have actually won with mostly pretty average athletes...and their coaching, culture, and tradition has carried them.

Anybody realizes that ANY private school has an advantage over public schools the same size because if parents think enough of their kids to pay tuition to send them to a private school...the kids have push, support, and direction from home...which unfortunately a good number of kids at most public schools DON'T have.

At most private schools...almost every kid participates in some (and usually multiple activities)...and that is not the case at most public schools.

Nobody is going to feel sorry for Valle...and I think they should play up a class...Class-2 is fair for them.

The sad thing is...only the smaller schools get punished. What levels the playing field for the Class-6 Private schools?

CBC can roll out a team every years with 4-6 D-I players and a slew of D-II/NAIA supporting players....at Troy Buchanan we've had exactly ONE D-I player in the history of the school and damn few D-II or NAIA?

Is that fair? No...but Veer says that MSHSAA "coddles" Class 6. Hell...Class-6 in football and boys basketball is probably the MOST unfair division of them all (save for maybe Incarnate Word in Girls Basketball).

Also...can you really compare Valle to the Metro area Privates who seemingly recruit pretty well as they roll out multiple high level college athletes each year?

The system is obviously broken...as the D-I talent in St. Louis used to be pretty spread amongst several schools...it now is seemingly concentrated in a very few.

What's the answer? I don't know. However...Valle wins a lot because of their tradition, culture, and coaching. So do many great public school programs like Blair Oaks, Lamar, and Webb City.

Valle mostly has good to really good Class-2 type athletes...definitely not top level Class-3. They belong in Class-2...not in Class-3. Valle had some pretty good teams get handled easily by Class-2 Lamar when they played twice just a few years back.

Valle has no real inherit advantages over other nearby small privates like St. Vincent and St. Pius in Festus. Their tradition/culture/coaching is just better.

You want to talk about unfair? If Troy Buchanan girls basketball can win Districts (like they have for the last couple of years)...their "reward" is getting smashed by national power-house Incarnate Word Academy in the next round.

Again...I don't know what the answer is. If you separate Public & Private schools...does that fix everything? I don't know the answer...but it seems unfair to punish Valle by 2-classes...when schools that really do recruit a lot of high level D-I talent...don't really care...or CAN'T be bumped up.

College football is better this year because of parity...most of the top level talent is not stock-piled in the same 4-6 schools like it has been for the past several years.

The transfer portal and NIL have seemed to had the OPPOSITE affect of what I and most of us feared...the rich have seemingly NOT gotten richer. It seems to have brought about more parity which I think is good for the sport.

What can be done to bring more parity to HS athletics (where seemingly in football it seems to be the worst)???

Yea but they have a lot smaller school district.

If a dude comes from archie or harrisonville they gotta pay and the booster club can't pay his tuition.
Believe it or not...Valle's scholarships are strictly based on financial need...and not on athletic ability,,,but I know I'm wasting my time telling you that because your mind is already made up.

You think you know more than me...even though I actually lived in that town for nine years and coached at both schools.

I told you Valle has an advantage over public schools (like ALL private schools do) because they attend to attract higher caliber kids from supporting families.

However...you keep insisting that Valle bends the rules to get athletes. I know they don't...but I also know that you will never be convinced. That's YOUR problem...and if you ever coach a team that plays Valle your kids will be beat before they ever take the field because "they are IN your head 24/7!"

mic drop

backpedal.gif

Believe it or not...Valle's scholarships are strictly based on financial need...and not on athletic ability,,,but I know I'm wasting my time telling you that because your mind is already made up.

You think you know more than me...even though I actually lived in that town for nine years and coached at both schools.

I told you Valle has an advantage over public schools (like ALL private schools do) because they attend to attract higher caliber kids from supporting families.

However...you keep insisting that Valle bends the rules to get athletes. I know they don't...but I also know that you will never be convinced. That's YOUR problem...and if you ever coach a team that plays Valle your kids will be beat before they ever take the field because "they are IN your head 24/7!"

mic drop
Keep on trying to change what you said.
Bates (and Bartion) county boys don't believe the BS.

Keep on trying to change what you said.
Bates (and Bartion) county boys don't believe the BS.
Barton county kids that go to Lamar DON'T care...and playing Valle won't phase them one bit...they have kicked Valle's tail twice before.

A Bates county guy from Adrain like yourself obviously DOES care and makes excuses before even playing the game.

YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE???

You're impossible to converse with...you have an inferiority complex that Valle & MSHSAA have a conspiracy to keep your Adrian Blackhawks from winning a state title. THEY DON'T!

Do private schools have an advantage over public schools? YES

Do you have a problem? EVEN BIGGER YES!

The thing is, Adrian actually has a great football tradition that most people realize and respect.

Your endless rants? NOT respected...at all.

I'll bet that Adrian HOF Coach George Bruto would be (or possibly is) ashamed and embarrassed of your endless rants on this board.

Barton county kids that go to Lamar DON'T care...and playing Valle won't phase them one bit...they have kicked Valle's tail twice before.

A Bates county guy from Adrain like yourself obviously DOES care and makes excuses before even playing the game.

YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE???

You're impossible to converse with...you have an inferiority complex that Valle & MSHSAA have a conspiracy to keep your Adrian Blackhawks from winning a state title. THEY DON'T!

Do private schools have an advantage over public schools? YES

Do you have a problem? EVEN BIGGER YES!

The thing is, Adrian actually has a great football tradition that most people realize and respect.

Your endless rants? NOT respected...at all.

I'll bet that Adrian HOF Coach George Bruto would be (or possibly is) ashamed and embarrassed of your endless rants on this board.
You got a phone call and are coming to cover your tracks. Keep trying!

probably not , man . Sorry.

At least not according to that former Valle coach and their biggest supporter. He also is in sales to PUBLIC schools so that's probably why he's backpedaling so fast.

This was his quote.

"I told you Valle has an advantage over public schools (like ALL private schools do) because they attend to attract higher caliber kids from supporting families."
I retired from sales 5 years ago dude...

Absent an obvious answer, which I agree it feels impossible to level the playing field, then it takes it back to separate playing fields.

Take the Incarnate Word girls team. They are truly a talented all-star team. They chose to go to a private school.

When MSHSAA playoffs begin, they can’t compete in the public division. They CHOSE private over public. They’ll get bored quickly with a little Missouri 8-team private school title they easily win, and will be forced to play more of a national schedule (which they should if they put such an emphasis on recruiting the best girls high school players within a hundred miles).

Heck, there are plenty of smart people on this message board that could come up with similar plans for various sizes and sports.

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
If valle were forced to take all kids, they'd be class 3+. They aren't going to take the disruptions or the hard to educate.
That statement shows you know nothing about Valle. Valle DOES NOT turn students away. And I can say that with 100% confidence and I'm a Ste Gen public guy. Ask anyone who lives in Ste Gen and they will tell you Valle doesn't turn students away, regardless of whether they are a Valle supporter or a Ste Gen public supporter.

As far as special needs students, parents with special needs children living in the district know Ste Gen public has the resources and staff, that Valle doesn't have, to handle the full spectrum of special needs students ranging from the severely mentally challenged to learning disabilities.

I won't deny that on rare occasions a student who was struggling at Valle academically transfers to Ste Gen public, which offers more options for the scholastically challenged such as shop, auto mechanics, votech, ag, and many more classes not as scholastically demanding. As I heard a parent once say, "Why pay tuition for "Ds" and "Fs" at Valle when he can get "Cs" for free at Ste Gen?"

Last edited:
That statement shows you know nothing about Valle. Valle does not turn students away. And I can say that with 100% confidence and I'm a Ste Gen public guy. Ask anyone who lives in Ste Gen and they will tell you Valle doesn't turn students away, regardless of whether they are a Valle supporter or a Ste Gen public supporter.

As far as special needs students, parents with special needs children living in the district know Ste Gen public has the resources and staff, that Valle doesn't have, to handle the full spectrum of special needs students ranging from the severely mentally challenged to learning disabilities.
How many 'lower caliber' kids go to valle? Why is that number what it is?
Imagine if SG could do away with the need for publics to take in every child no matter what.
Welcome to class 2!

How many 'lower caliber' kids go to valle? Why is that number what it is?
Imagine if SG could do away with the need for publics to take in every child no matter what.
Welcome to class 2!
Because parents know if their child has learning issues that Ste Gen is the better option. There have been many instances where kids from the same family are attending both schools at the same time.

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. Ste Gen has had around 700 high school students since the 1970s, including some stretches when Valle wasn't good.

8-man: Worth County 68 - Archie 52

Class 1: Marionville 35 - North Platte 14

Class 2: Lamar 42 - Valle Catholic 21

Class 3: Park Hills Central 42 - Seneca 35

Class 4: Kearney 35 - Hillsboro 28

Class 5: Cardinal Ritter 42 - Republic 17

Class 6: Liberty North 35 - CBC 32

Had to edit and add in my 8 man

Republic may surprise. See Cary-Grove, in Illinois (a flexbone team) vs East St Louis a couple times in the past few years (and this year) in the championship game. If they aren’t awestruck by just being there for the first time, I’d give them almost even odds.

Reactions: da bears 25
Because parents know if their child has learning issues that Ste Gen is the better option. There have been many instances where kids from the same family are attending both schools at the same time.

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. Ste Gen has had around 700 high school students since the 1970s, including some stretches when Valle wasn't good.
Follow along:
If SG public wasn't required to take the kids that are hard to deal with or *insert criteria here*, their population would drop in a hurry. That's only logical.

• Haha
Reactions: kaskaskiakid
Follow along:
If SG public wasn't required to take the kids that are hard to deal with or *insert criteria here*, their population would drop in a hurry. That's only logical.
You are clueless!!! There is a small handful of students attending SG rather than Valle because of the need for special services.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
That statement shows you know nothing about Valle. Valle DOES NOT turn students away. And I can say that with 100% confidence and I'm a Ste Gen public guy. Ask anyone who lives in Ste Gen and they will tell you Valle doesn't turn students away, regardless of whether they are a Valle supporter or a Ste Gen public supporter.

I won't deny that on rare occasions a student who was struggling at Valle academically transfers to Ste Gen public, which offers more options for the scholastically challenged such as shop, auto mechanics, votech, ag, and many more classes not as scholastically demanding. As I heard a parent once say, "Why pay tuition for "Ds" and "Fs" at Valle when he can get "Cs" for free at Ste Gen?"
But why does Valle not have the resources? Its because they choose not to, because they do not want the special needs kids. Thus they go to SG and get counted in their enrollment. Is that not a way of "turning away" without having to officially "turn away"?

Reactions: _slo_mo_
The advantage that private schools have over public schools isn’t big enough to warrant separate divisions.

This year is pretty much the average over the history of Missouri high school football since adding the state championship.

Your overall problem with public schools is a cultural issue. If you have community buy in then you have programs like Lamar, Webb City and Blair Oaks.

One thing I do find funny is the same people that want private and public schools to separate are the same ones that think everyone should be in the playoffs.

The advantage that private schools have over public schools isn’t big enough to warrant separate divisions.

This year is pretty much the average over the history of Missouri high school football since adding the state championship.

Your overall problem with public schools is a cultural issue. If you have community buy in then you have programs like Lamar, Webb City and Blair Oaks.

One thing I do find funny is the same people that want private and public schools to separate are the same ones that think everyone should be in the playoffs.
I dont think everyone should be in the playoffs.

Are you kidding me? There haven’t been multiple posts and poster who prefer the current system over one like Illinois.

Maple maybe you should refrain from childish little digs since my user name triggers you.

Are you kidding me? There haven’t been multiple posts and poster who prefer the current system over one like Illinois.

Maple maybe you should refrain from childish little digs since my user name triggers you.
No one is outright saying “everyone should be in the playoff” They are saying the negatives and positives are more complex then that one single detail of difference. I think most teams shouldn’t make it. Very short playoff season. No bigger snowflake than you bud! The irony of your name is one of my fav things about this forum! Thanks for the laugh!

No one is outright saying “everyone should be in the playoff” They are saying the negatives and positives are more complex then that one single detail of difference. I think most teams shouldn’t make it. Very short playoff season. No bigger snowflake than you bud! The irony of your name is one of my fav things about this forum! Thanks for the laugh!

Man I bet you think you did something there 🤣🤣🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT