ADVERTISEMENT

District Championship Game Predictions…post yours

Shakor George for Lafayette County will run all over and catch screen passes throughout the game against St Micheal. I have LC by 21 range. IMO. They don’t have the horses to stop him.
My concern is who has Higginsville played? Their main MRVC East competitor Richmond had a rebuilding year.

My concern is who has Higginsville played? Their main MRVC East competitor Richmond had a rebuilding year.
They have quite a bit of what was a team that played in the next round (lost to BG) back this year. I think they had some development come to form this year. I don’t really like St Micheal’s either. So it’s possible this is a sneaky good matchup. Idk, I just trust the LC program more. And the George kid is a stud.

Micheal’s played a team I’m fairly impressed by in EB.

KC/NW Opinion:
C6 - Oak Park over Park Hill - PH D is young and improved, but weakness is the offense outside of Lysaca.

Liberty North over Liberty - Jays have improved on D but still stall out on O drives. North has only grown bored and stronger.

Lees Summit North over Rockhurst - Rock is a much different team since giving up the big lead against Aquinas. Rock loses in a nail bitter late against LSN.

C5 - Grain Valley over Platte County - Grain gets 1 more stop and turnover than PC to win this shootout.

C4 - Jefferson City over Pleasant Hill - JC is back but only in C4.....weird 10 years ago it was the largest school in the state.

Smithville over Kearney - I eat my words from my prediction last week. SVille keeps doing what they have always done under Ambro and that is continually improve as the season rolls along. Their DC finds ways to get kids successful at their role and produce massive stops when needed. The Offense keeps schemes for this game away for this matchup. KMO has improved but discipline is always the issue.

C3 - Maryville over St. Pius X - Spoofhounds are in the playoffs, its time to roll, Pius is back to 90s form but their recruits faulter.

Odessa over California - Playoff time and studs will be playing both ways to win this game for Odessa.

C2 - I know nothing of class 2 and will not predict.

C1 - North Platte is my choice this season over everyone.
I feel confident it will eventually happen (heck it may this Friday) but Kearney has to mature as a program to the point every opponent gets your best shot each week. Yes there will be the obvious overmatches but the reward is twofold in those if you do this: Starters get rest and stay refreshed and the backups all get varsity PT which keeps the program rolling beyond those "peak" years.

Another point vis-a-vis those overmatch games is you can actually learn a lot about the state of your program from them i.e. do the kids and coaches ease off the gas pedal and/or how cleanly and maturely does the team play. Smithville's program has matured to this "it doesn't matter the opposition we are gonna lay it all out there and force them to defend" level. Kearney gets a golden opportunity to show they are moving in this direction this Friday. More to come in my main thread tomorrow.................

They have quite a bit of what was a team that played in the next round (lost to BG) back this year. I think they had some development come to form this year. I don’t really like St Micheal’s either. So it’s possible this is a sneaky good matchup. Idk, I just trust the LC program more. And the George kid is a stud.

Pius isn't bad, either. You all got a taste of them two years ago.

Pius isn't bad, either. You all got a taste of them two years ago.
Yeah, missed that. lol I was about to edit my comment. Lmao.

It wasn’t real close. At some point playing a few teams vastly better then you isn’t helping you, it’s just showcasing the talent or lacking there of. There’s a medium to be found somewhere in there.

Regardless you could be onto something. I just trust LC.

Yeah, missed that. lol I was about to edit my comment. Lmao.

It wasn’t real close. At some point playing a few teams vastly better then you isn’t helping you, it’s just showcasing the talent or lacking there of. There’s a medium to be found somewhere in there.

Regardless you could be onto something. I just trust LC.
If Golden were back would be a slam dunk. He really stood out last year. Regardless Class 2 is gonna be lots of fun to watch this weekend and moving forward. That NEMO titanic clash in Shelbina really stands out.

If Golden were back would be a slam dunk. He really stood out last year. Regardless Class 2 is gonna be lots of fun to watch this weekend and moving forward. That NEMO titanic clash in Shelbina really stands out.
I’ll be watching that while at the Lamar game Friday. Can’t wait.

It’s going to be fun man. I agree!

Reactions: thetophat2021
lol-hahaha.gif
You going to Lamar Friday for the game?

St. Michael's playmakers are their QB and wide outs. They love to dink and dunk or roll Zaun out of the pocket and let him make a play. Will be the best offense LC has faced so far. Regardless, LC should still win this one easily 42-21.

Reactions: 503_Maple
St. Michael's playmakers are their QB and wide outs. They love to dink and dunk or roll Zaun out of the pocket and let him make a play. Will be the best offense LC has faced so far. Regardless, LC should still win this one easily 42-21.
St. Michael's is basically Warsaw or Butler.

Reactions: 503_Maple
Correct. Score does not necessarily mean a team is good. Festus had some blunders on their part as well that led to that game getting away from them a bit.
And i guess Jackson didnt have anything to do with those blunders by Festus! Did you see the Edwadsville game or francis howell or holt or any of the other Jackson games? Seckman had only beat one team with a winning record! They are a running team, did you see what Jackson did to Lindbergh who was a running team. We will see friday nite

And i guess Jackson didnt have anything to do with those blunders by Festus! Did you see the Edwadsville game or francis howell or holt or any of the other Jackson games? Seckman had only beat one team with a winning record! They are a running team, did you see what Jackson did to Lindbergh who was a running team. We will see friday nite
Lol well I stand by my original prediction based on what I saw at the game. Could be right or could be wrong. Don't really have a horse in the race one way or another. None the less my opinion and what I am going with. Good luck to all this Friday!

Lol well I stand by my original prediction based on what I saw at the game. Could be right or could be wrong. Don't really have a horse in the race one way or another. None the less my opinion and what I am going with. Good luck to all this Friday!
Basing your opinion on one game is risky. Have you seen several Seckman games?

Class 1 is next week
Portageville over Marionville in a defacto state championship game 28-20
St. Vincent over Tipton 28-14
North Platte over Windsor 21-13
Penney over Milan 7-6

Class 2
Valle over Scott City 42-20
Lift for Life over Jefferson 34-0
Fr. Tolton over Warsaw 48-26
Fair Grove over Strafford 49-7
Lamar over Adrian 42-7
Lafayette County over St. Michael 36-21
Bowling Green over South Shelby 48-42
East Buchanan over Mid Buchanan 35-0

Class 3
Park Hills over Ste. Gen 36-14
Borgia over St. Clair 31-14
Westminster over Orchard Farm 21-14
Blair Oaks over Moberly 42-6
Ava over Mtn. Grove 40-12
Seneca over Mt. Vernon 35-14
Odessa over California 42-12
Maryville over St. Pius 42-41

Class 4
Hillsboro over Festus 34-14
Pacific over Sullivan 28-27
Lutheran North over Clayton 56-0
Hannibal over Warrenton 42-20
Jeff City over Pleasant Hill 38-28
Bolivar over McDonald County 36-28
Nevada over Carl Junction 34-6
Kearney over Smithville 28-24

Class 5
Cape Central over Farmington 35-14
Summit over Eureka 28-14
Ritter over MICDS 42-14
St. Dominic over Zumwalt North 31-14
Helias over Capital City 27-13
Lebanon over Republic 28-22
Webb City over Carthage 34-20
Grain Valley over Platte County 41-21

Class 6
Jackson over Seckman 42-20
CBC over Howell 48-28
DeSmet over SLUH 38-21
Rick Bridge over Troy 28-17
Nixa over Joplin 35-14
Rockhurst over Lee’s Summit North 24-21
Liberty North over Liberty 38-0
Park Hill over Oak Park 36-35
Marionville will win their district semi game by a lot less than most think, and they don’t stay within 2 TDs of Portageville and probably lose by more than that.

How long has it been since Perryville St. Vincent was in a HSFB State title conversation?
I know they were solid in 98.
Beat a good Fair Grove squad by a TD in the quarterfinals if I’m remembering right.

I’m sure they had some solid years in the earlier part of the 2000s

I don’t think St Vincent is really that good to be honest Top.
They’ve lost to the only decent teams they played on their schedule.
Thayer, Valle, and Scott City (and for the Valle homers, yes I’m aware that Valle is better than decent)

Reactions: thetophat2021
Class 1 is next week
Portageville over Marionville in a defacto state championship game 28-20
St. Vincent over Tipton 28-14
North Platte over Windsor 21-13
Penney over Milan 7-6

Class 2
Valle over Scott City 42-20
Lift for Life over Jefferson 34-0
Fr. Tolton over Warsaw 48-26
Fair Grove over Strafford 49-7
Lamar over Adrian 42-7
Lafayette County over St. Michael 36-21
Bowling Green over South Shelby 48-42
East Buchanan over Mid Buchanan 35-0

Class 3
Park Hills over Ste. Gen 36-14
Borgia over St. Clair 31-14
Westminster over Orchard Farm 21-14
Blair Oaks over Moberly 42-6
Ava over Mtn. Grove 40-12
Seneca over Mt. Vernon 35-14
Odessa over California 42-12
Maryville over St. Pius 42-41

Class 4
Hillsboro over Festus 34-14
Pacific over Sullivan 28-27
Lutheran North over Clayton 56-0
Hannibal over Warrenton 42-20
Jeff City over Pleasant Hill 38-28
Bolivar over McDonald County 36-28
Nevada over Carl Junction 34-6
Kearney over Smithville 28-24

Class 5
Cape Central over Farmington 35-14
Summit over Eureka 28-14
Ritter over MICDS 42-14
St. Dominic over Zumwalt North 31-14
Helias over Capital City 27-13
Lebanon over Republic 28-22
Webb City over Carthage 34-20
Grain Valley over Platte County 41-21

Class 6
Jackson over Seckman 42-20
CBC over Howell 48-28
DeSmet over SLUH 38-21
Rick Bridge over Troy 28-17
Nixa over Joplin 35-14
Rockhurst over Lee’s Summit North 24-21
Liberty North over Liberty 38-0
Park Hill over Oak Park 36-35
I like your breakdown. I think Bolivar and Mac Co. will be closer with a possible Mac Co win.

I don’t think St Vincent is really that good to be honest Top.
They’ve lost to the only decent teams they played on their schedule.
Thayer, Valle, and Scott City (and for the Valle homers, yes I’m aware that Valle is better than decent)
They're a young team, mostly Juniors and Sophomores & had some lessons early, those loses to Thayer and Scott City were by a combined 5 points the first two weeks of the year. They have a Senior QB who can sling it a little bit but their best shot will probably be next year

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT