ADVERTISEMENT

District Championship Game Predictions…post yours

I can only comment on a few of them -

Carthage at Webb City. I didn't expect Carthage to win the first game AT ALL, but after it happened I understood how it went down. Carthage has turned a turd of a season into a pretty good success story but I think it ends here. The sequence of events in the first game is unlikely to repeat, especially not with that one kid back - his presence will significantly change what Webb can do. Unfortunately for Carthage they will have to again end their season against their coworkers and family members who will gloat endlessly about winning the games that matter. Either way it will be a great friday night district title game atmosphere thanks to minimal travel that both teams no doubt are happy to be able to be a part of.

Joplin / Nixa should be a good one. First, I think Joplin is more capable. No disrespect to Jasper, he is a good coach but I think Perry is better. So I think Joplin has the horses to take out Nixa but it will come down to if they play to their potential or if they make a lot of mistakes. I'll pick Joplin but not confidently. I really hope they get it done.

CJ and Nevada doesn't really look like it should be close on paper but I think CJ has a good shot here. Calpreps gives CJ only a 10% chance, so I am interested to see how that works out.

Republic and Lebanon is a big anticipated matchup. Lebanon is good no doubt but I believe Republic will win by 2+ scores. I just think they are a lot better than the jackets even if projections put Lebanon as a favorite.

There will be at least 2 COC teams still going next week and it's likely there are 3. Would be awesome to still have 4.

I can only comment on a few of them -

Carthage at Webb City. I didn't expect Carthage to win the first game AT ALL, but after it happened I understood how it went down. Carthage has turned a turd of a season into a pretty good success story but I think it ends here. The sequence of events in the first game is unlikely to repeat, especially not with that one kid back - his presence will significantly change what Webb can do. Unfortunately for Carthage they will have to again end their season against their coworkers and family members who will gloat endlessly about winning the games that matter. Either way it will be a great friday night district title game atmosphere thanks to minimal travel that both teams no doubt are happy to be able to be a part of.

Joplin / Nixa should be a good one. First, I think Joplin is more capable. No disrespect to Jasper, he is a good coach but I think Perry is better. So I think Joplin has the horses to take out Nixa but it will come down to if they play to their potential or if they make a lot of mistakes. I'll pick Joplin but not confidently. I really hope they get it done.

CJ and Nevada doesn't really look like it should be close on paper but I think CJ has a good shot here. Calpreps gives CJ only a 10% chance, so I am interested to see how that works out.

Republic and Lebanon is a big anticipated matchup. Lebanon is good no doubt but I believe Republic will win by 2+ scores. I just think they are a lot better than the jackets even if projections put Lebanon as a favorite.

There will be at least 2 COC teams still going next week and it's likely there are 3. Would be awesome to still have 4.
I’ve got to meet these MFer’s you work with

Games that I am familiar with the teams....

Class 2
-Valle over Scott City
-Lift for Life over Jefferson (this can be a close game if Jefferson plays well as I was not impressed with Lift for Life when I saw them for all the hype I've heard).

Class 3
-St. Clair wins a close battle with Borgia
-Park Hills over Ste. Gen

Class 4
-Hillsboro over Festus
-Sullivan over Pacific (they won the first battle pretty good and have only gotten better IMO)
-Lutheran North over the entire rest of their district combined. (Not because they are that good, but rather that has to be one of the worst districts I have seen except for LN. Personally I think Hannibal can take down LN next week.)
-Hannibal over Warrenton
-Pleasant Hill over Jefferson City
-Smithville over Kearney (S-ville won the first battle by 21 and good teams only get better.)

Class 5
-Farmington over Cape Central (I know Cape won pretty good but I believe Farmington has gotten a lot better. I also thought I read somewhere that Farmington was beat up the first time they played).
-Summit over Cape Central
-Ritter over MICDS
-St. Dominic over Zumwalt North
-Helias over Capital City
Webb City over Carthage

Class 6
-Seckman over Jackson (This is not the same Jackson team as the past. Unless it was just a really off game that I saw of Jackson, I was not to impressed with their play. Seckman I think can keep their good season going but will have to play outstanding the next week).
Now what do you say about Jackson

He expects you might want to say you’re now impressed by Jackson after they skunked Seckman in the first half and then let them play against Jackson’s JV in the second half.
Well he expects wrong then. It was one of many predictions. You get some right and you get some wrong it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT