ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship predictions

Everyone is already in the playoffs, it's called DISTRICTS!!!
images

The advantage that private schools have over public schools isn’t big enough to warrant separate divisions.

This year is pretty much the average over the history of Missouri high school football since adding the state championship.

Your overall problem with public schools is a cultural issue. If you have community buy in then you have programs like Lamar, Webb City and Blair Oaks.

One thing I do find funny is the same people that want private and public schools to separate are the same ones that think everyone should be in the playoffs.
At least you are consistently wrong in this post... Good Job

My final thoughts on Valle from someone who has seen it first hand for 65 years....

I challenged anyone to find a student who was ever turned away. I've never heard of it or seen it happen, and it's a small town, everyone would know about it. Quite the opposite, they want students for the revenue. Valle's high school attendance has slowly dropped over the decades. 20-40 yrs ago they tpically graduated 50-60 students a yr, now they graduate around 30. Teachers' pay is dismal compared to public schools. Some Valle students take classes at SG because they want advanced classes is some areas not offered at Valle.

Valle doesn't have the money to have a Special Ed department. It's not just a matter of hiring one sped teacher to fulfill all the needs of sped students with a wide range of learning disabilities and physical disabilities. And as I previously stated, parents in town know SG has an outstanding SPED dept and any services Valle could offer would be pale in comparison to what the public school could offer and not have pay tuition.

Valle is very much a family generational Catholic school. Valle graduates that live in SG typically send their kids to Valle. And they tend to be middle to upper middle class two parent households with parents invested in their children.

It's really that simple.

Reactions: Graphic Edge Guy
It's really that simple.
They have an admissions department. The chance they haven't turned folks away is zero.

Public schools don't have that luxury. If crackmom_09 and her 18 kids with 23 different baby daddies moves in, public school has to take them. If they get in trouble every hour they are actually at school during their 23% rate of attendance, there's not much public schools can do.

The situations aren't remotely similar . That's one reason why they need their own playoff system.

It's really that simple.

I just have to ask. Why do you like that more than the current system?
Has the same outcome as the current district format where everyone is still playing to continue regardless of issues early in the season.

In instances of really strong districts matching weaker ones, it allows them to continue a bit further.

Closes the season 1 week sooner.

Here's an idea: You are guaranteed 10 regular season games. The last 3 weeks of the regular system are your district games....but.....keep the 8-team seeded districts. You cannot move out of district play if you lose. However, if you lose, you still get games 9 & 10. You are just matched with another team in your district who lost. I don't know if that would completely work out mathematically, but in most cases it should, Obviously, most top seeds would get a bye week as it is now (which would fall on week 8). Then, proceed as normal with quarterfinals, etc. This shortens the season to a potential 12-13 games for those who get to the championship.

Reactions: Rufus R. Jones
This public vs private debate is getting old. If you don't like do the work it takes to beat them, but that is too hard for most. This debate goes away if Missouri would adopt school choice so parents can take their tax dollars to the schools that perform academically and or athletically.

Reactions: TheDaddy
They have an admissions department. The chance they haven't turned folks away is zero.

Public schools don't have that luxury. If crackmom_09 and her 18 kids with 23 different baby daddies moves in, public school has to take them. If they get in trouble every hour they are actually at school during their 23% rate of attendance, there's not much public schools can do.

The situations aren't remotely similar . That's one reason why they need their own playoff system.

It's really that simple.
I have always said privates have an advantage over publics due to socioeconomic advantages of students attending private schools and the so called "quality" of students at private schools. No doubt public schools have a higher percentage of underachieving, undisciplIned, and uninvolved students.

I also favor separate state championships but the current system is the best alternative.

But you are still dead wrong insinuating that Valle regularly turns students away to keep their attendance low. Do you really think crackmom is going to pay tuition?? 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
This public vs private debate is getting old. If you don't like do the work it takes to beat them, but that is too hard for most. This debate goes away if Missouri would adopt school choice so parents can take their tax dollars to the schools that perform academically and or athletically.
Even if school choice passes there will be road blocks put in place to help prevent moves for athletic reasons... So far the open enrollment bills that have made it out of committee have all had a provision to sit out 365 if you are changing schools using the open enrollment provision.

As far as the "beat them" comment. Really? Nice thought but reminds me of the "work harder" comments.

You already have school choice. Pick yourself up by the bootstraps and move to the public school district or private school of your choice.

I have always said privates have an advantage over publics due to socioeconomic advantages of students attending private schools and the so called "quality" of students at private schools. No doubt public schools have a higher percentage of underachieving, undisciplIned, and uninvolved students.

I also favor separate state championships but the current system is the best alternative.

But you are still dead wrong insinuating that Valle regularly turns students away to keep their attendance low. Do you really think crackmom is going to pay tuition?? 🤣 🤣 🤣
not even with our money

You already have school choice. Pick yourself up by the bootstraps and move to the public school district or private school of your choice.
Oh, I didn't know I could keep my school portion of Real Estate and Personal Property taxes and use at the Private school of my choice, good to know.

Even if school choice passes there will be road blocks put in place to help prevent moves for athletic reasons... So far the open enrollment bills that have made it out of committee have all had a provision to sit out 365 if you are changing schools using the open enrollment provision.

As far as the "beat them" comment. Really? Nice thought but reminds me of the "work harder" comments.
For the most part I agree, but some communities have figured it out, most have not. The success formula for pubic schools is not complicated, but few will buy in. Do you really think the powerhouse public programs are just lucky in getting great athletes for a decade(s)? If this is what it takes to compete and beat privates then that is what has to be done.

Keep bringing it up. That works well with me!

Don't have to do it regularly. Nobody said that.
They CAN and they have so they shouldn't even be playing against schools that have to accept the 'lower caliber' students that go to public schools.

Oh, I didn't know I could keep my school portion of Real Estate and Personal Property taxes and use at the Private school of my choice, good to know.

No, you can pull yourself up by your bootstraps and make more money to be able to afford private school.

they give scholarships based on 'need'.
Like your kid is 6'4" and benches 325 and we need a Def end? Welcome aboard!
If someone at Valle is in charge of recruiting athletes and giving them a scholarship, they might win an award for the worst job performance of all time based on the abundance of 5’9” 180lb kids that make up the majority of their roster year in and year out. Valle was outsized in literally every game they have played this year. The size difference against Fair Grove was almost comical, and Saturday against Lamar the size difference will be just as stark.

• Haha
If someone at Valle is in charge of recruiting athletes and giving them a scholarship, they might win an award for the worst job performance of all time based on the abundance of 5’9” 180lb kids that make up the majority of their roster year in and year out. Valle was outsized in literally every game they have played this year. The size difference against Fair Grove was almost comical, and Saturday against Lamar the size difference will be just as stark.
a9255796-a1f4-43e6-b8b2-21e5bb69d6b2_text.gif

• Haha
Lamar has ZERO chance Saturday!

But they are a higher caliber of kids.

Unquote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT