DeSmet over SLUH 38-21
Rick Bridge over Troy 28-17
Nixa over Joplin 35-14
Rockhurst over Lee’s Summit North 24-21
Liberty North over Liberty 38-0
Park Hill over Oak Park 36-35
I really like North Platte in C1.

Reactions: Boogie_Mane
Joplin has the ability to beat nixa . I'm not saying they will because they have been very inconsistent. If Joplin puts their crap together they can win . Nixa is better up front on both sides of the ball but Joplin has the best skill guys in the coc by a mile and they are decent up front but not great . They just make a ton of mistakes

Reactions: Stimie69er
Games that I am familiar with the teams....

Class 2
-Valle over Scott City
-Lift for Life over Jefferson (this can be a close game if Jefferson plays well as I was not impressed with Lift for Life when I saw them for all the hype I've heard).

Class 3
-St. Clair wins a close battle with Borgia
-Park Hills over Ste. Gen

Class 4
-Hillsboro over Festus
-Sullivan over Pacific (they won the first battle pretty good and have only gotten better IMO)
-Lutheran North over the entire rest of their district combined. (Not because they are that good, but rather that has to be one of the worst districts I have seen except for LN. Personally I think Hannibal can take down LN next week.)
-Hannibal over Warrenton
-Pleasant Hill over Jefferson City
-Smithville over Kearney (S-ville won the first battle by 21 and good teams only get better.)

Class 5
-Farmington over Cape Central (I know Cape won pretty good but I believe Farmington has gotten a lot better. I also thought I read somewhere that Farmington was beat up the first time they played).
-Summit over Cape Central
-Ritter over MICDS
-St. Dominic over Zumwalt North
-Helias over Capital City
Webb City over Carthage

Class 6
-Seckman over Jackson (This is not the same Jackson team as the past. Unless it was just a really off game that I saw of Jackson, I was not to impressed with their play. Seckman I think can keep their good season going but will have to play outstanding the next week).

Class 2
-Valle over Scott City
-Lift for Life over Jefferson (this can be a close game if Jefferson plays well as I was not impressed with Lift for Life when I saw them for all the hype I've heard).

Class 3

Class 4
-Hillsboro over Festus
-Sullivan over Pacific (they won the first battle pretty good and have only gotten better IMO)
-Lutheran North over the entire rest of their district combined. (Not because they are that good, but rather that has to be one of the worst districts I have seen except for LN. Personally I think Hannibal can take down LN next week.)
-Hannibal over Warrenton
-Smithville over Kearney (S-ville won the first battle by 21 and good teams only get better.)

Class 5
-Farmington over Cape Central (I know Cape won pretty good but I believe Farmington has gotten a lot better. I also thought I read somewhere that Farmington was beat up the first time they played).
-Ritter over MICDS
Webb City over Carthage

Class 6
-Seckman over Jackson (This is not the same Jackson team as the past. Unless it was just a really off game that I saw of Jackson, I was not to impressed with their play. Seckman I think can keep their good season going but will have to play outstanding the next week).
This jackson team is much improved from last years team. If all seckman does is run the ball it might be a long night for them

Joplin has the ability to beat nixa . I'm not saying they will because they have been very inconsistent. If Joplin puts their crap together they can win . Nixa is better up front on both sides of the ball but Joplin has the best skill guys in the coc by a mile and they are decent up front but not great . They just make a ton of mistakes
Nixa will win by 14+

This is the first year for Jacksons new coach but im sure youre talking about 2020 and 2021
That is correct. They may be there in a year or two but still not back yet IMO. Still a good team though. I think if Seckman plays poorly Jackson can easily win it as well but as of now based on what I have seen Seckman is the better team in this matchup.

That is correct. They may be there in a year or two but still not back yet IMO. Still a good team though. I think if Seckman plays poorly Jackson can easily win it as well but as of now based on what I have seen Seckman is the better team in this matchup.
A few of us in Jackson was thinking, before the season, that this would be a 6-4 year. This Jackson team has ended up with an outstanding line on both sides of the ball. Seckman/Jackson will be a very good game to watch.
I would not compare the new coach to coach Eckley just yet. Also, it is hard to compare any Jackson team to the 2020 state championship team - absolutely everything fell into place for that season, both offence and defense. Thanks

Nevada 28 point favorites over Carl Junction? Then I’ll take the dogs and the points in that one, pun intended.

I’m think this will be a close one.

Reactions: NOMOCA
Top 1/3 of Big 8 > Bottom 1/3 of COC, translation Nevada win.
Are you talking about the same COC that is having a great showing in District play so far?

Are you remembering that CJ is undefeated against class 4 opponents this year, with an average score of 24.5 to 3.5 in those games?

No argument from me though that Nevada is deserving of the respect they are getting.

Class 1 is next week
Portageville over Marionville in a defacto state championship game 28-20
St. Vincent over Tipton 28-14
North Platte over Windsor 21-13
Penney over Milan 7-6

Class 2
Valle over Scott City 42-20
Lift for Life over Jefferson 34-0
Fr. Tolton over Warsaw 48-26
Fair Grove over Strafford 49-7
Lamar over Adrian 42-7
Lafayette County over St. Michael 36-21
Bowling Green over South Shelby 48-42
East Buchanan over Mid Buchanan 35-0

Class 3
Park Hills over Ste. Gen 36-14
Borgia over St. Clair 31-14
Westminster over Orchard Farm 21-14
Blair Oaks over Moberly 42-6
Ava over Mtn. Grove 40-12
Seneca over Mt. Vernon 35-14
Odessa over California 42-12
Maryville over St. Pius 42-41

Class 4
Hillsboro over Festus 34-14
Pacific over Sullivan 28-27
Lutheran North over Clayton 56-0
Hannibal over Warrenton 42-20
Jeff City over Pleasant Hill 38-28
Bolivar over McDonald County 36-28
Nevada over Carl Junction 34-6
Kearney over Smithville 28-24

Class 5
Cape Central over Farmington 35-14
Summit over Eureka 28-14
Ritter over MICDS 42-14
St. Dominic over Zumwalt North 31-14
Helias over Capital City 27-13
Lebanon over Republic 28-22
Webb City over Carthage 34-20
Grain Valley over Platte County 41-21

Class 6
Jackson over Seckman 42-20
CBC over Howell 48-28
DeSmet over SLUH 38-21
Rick Bridge over Troy 28-17
Nixa over Joplin 35-14
Rockhurst over Lee’s Summit North 24-21
Liberty North over Liberty 38-0
Park Hill over Oak Park 36-35
Hamilton (aka Penney) is too slow to play with Milan. Carlos Cotto will score at least 2 long TDs and Milan will win by 14+.

8-Man District Winners:
1: Lockwood
2: Archie
3: St. Paul Lutheran
4: Braymer
5: Plattsburg
6: South Holt
7: Worth County
8: North Shelby

Archie d. Braymer
Worth County d. South Holt

Archie d. Worth County

Reactions: Mo8ManFootball

Class 2
-Valle over Scott City

Class 3

Class 4
-Hillsboro over Festus
-Hannibal over Warrenton

Class 5
-Ritter over MICDS
Webb City over Carthage

Class 6
NWCMO:

C6 - Park Hill over Oak Park (Trojans QB KC's best kept secret)
Liberty North over LIberty (Jays have improved but not nearly enough)
Rockhurst over Lee's Summit North (without a doubt the top matchup in the KC Metro and my coin flip)

C5 - Grain Valley over Platte County (rematch could be a 40+ a side shootout)

C4 - Jefferson City over Pleasant Hill (better slate even given I don't like that Battle loss)
Smithville over Kearney (heart goes alma mater head goes the Gold standard program)

C3 - Maryville over St. Pius X (another shootout)
California over Odessa (could lightning strike twice?)

C2 - St. Michael over Higginsville (upset special Huskers come in totally untested)
Lamar over Adrian (another where gotta go head over heart)
Father Tolton over Warsaw (was very tempted to put in Pick Em I think this may be close)

C1 is in semis. 8M looks very formful this year I'd pretty much go straight ticket same as GRC Hoops here...........

Are you talking about the same COC that is having a great showing in District play so far?

Are you remembering that CJ is undefeated against class 4 opponents this year, with an average score of 24.5 to 3.5 in those games?

No argument from me though that Nevada is deserving of the respect they are getting.
No doubt CJ regular season schedule has prepared them for C4 playoffs...but Nevada is not Lincoln Prep and Harrisonville. Probably a good game, wish I were going.

Is maysville fast?
In 1930 they had a young man win state in the 220-yard dash. RIP Mr. Sherard. Also looks like they had exactly one young man make it to state last year... non medalist in the long jump.
The GRC in general doesn't look exactly like world beaters after 6-3 Polo got beat by a not good Skyline team. Some would say Milan's best win was a 47-point loss to South Shelby.

Class 6
What team did you see Jackson play?

Seckman only played 2 teams with winning records. Jackson only played 1 team with a losing record. Jackson’s only loss came against Edwardsville, IL, ranked #3 in IL Class 8A. They also defeated DeSmet.

Last edited:
Reactions: thetophat2021
-Hannibal over Warrenton
I really like your take on Hannibal possibly taking down Lutheran North Next week. Hannibal is Finally healthy and have almost everyone back from injury. If Aneyas does what he did against Holt last Friday night, Lutheran North will have a tough time stopping him. I know Lutheran North beat Francis Howell and Francis Howell beat Troy by 17 and Hannibal beat Troy by 6 but Hannibal didn’t have they’re second best receiver and best Defensive player in Kane Wilson, Mike Ford, and Owens Andrews. This Hannibal team is coming Together the past 6 to 7 weeks. Hannibal 5’7 170 QB Waylon Anders has been a threat with his arm and legs. Two 40+ TD Runs in the past 2 Games

I personally see Jeff City beating Pleasant Hill Friday Night. If Jeff City Secondary can stop Pleasant Hill I see them either winning or losing a close Battle. ( I think Jeff City lost to Battle because Jeff City is more of better on defensive line team then The secondary) Even Hannibal had issues covering Battle Receivers in Week 9

P.S i don’t If anyone seen but one of Aneyas Touchdown runs from Friday night is One of National High School football play of the week Nominee

Reactions: mosports2857
California shouldn't worry me about upsetting Odessa, but they do. These two teams actually have several common opponents and Odessa beat them all fairly soundly. If you remove California's win over Oak Grove, I don't believe California have beaten a team with a winning record.

What worries me is Odessa's defense. Of the Odessa games I've watched (Warrensburg, Harrisonville, and Booneville) their defense couldn't stop anything!! Odessa is built for shootouts or playing with a lead. Warrensburg missed a PAT and Odessa was able to run out the clock. Won 42-41. Harrisonville really showed that Odessa isn't built to come from behind, as Odessa's running game is the strength of their offense. Booneville was able to score at will during the first half. It was 27-27 at halftime. Final score was 63-41.

TL;DR: Odessa's defense is swiss cheese. Odessa just needs it's defense to make one or two stops. Then let the offense do its thing and win shootout style.

Reactions: BoosterBosko
C2
Valle over Scott City
LFL over Jefferson
Father Tolton over Warsaw
FG over Strafford
Adrian over Lamar
Lafayette County over St Michael
South Shelby over Bowling Green
East over Mid

C3
PHC over STE GEN
Borgia over St Clair
Westminster over Orchard
Blair Oaks over Moberly
Ava over MG
Seneca over Mt Vernon
Odessa over Cali
Maryville over St.Pius

C4
Hillsboro over Festus
Sullivan over Pacific
Lutheran North over Clayton
Hannibal over Warrenton
P Hill over JC
Bolivar over Mcdonald County ( this or k/sville for closest game?)
Nevada over CJ
Smithville over Kearney

C5
Cape Central over Farmington
Rockwood Summit over Eureka
CR over MICDS
St. Dominic over Ft Zumwalt N
Helias over Cap City
Lebanon over Republic
WC over Carthage
Grain Valley over PC

C6
Seckman over Jackson
CBC over Francis Howell
DeSmet over SLUH
Rock Bridge over Troy
Nixa over Joplin
Rockhurst over LSN
Liberty North over Liberty
Oak Park over Park Hill

Nevada 28 point favorites over Carl Junction? Then I’ll take the dogs and the points in that one, pun intended.

I’m think this will be a close one.
Nevada should turbo carl. No repsect yet for a dangerous team. It will come.

NWCMO:

C6 - Park Hill over Oak Park (Trojans QB KC's best kept secret)
Liberty North over LIberty (Jays have improved but not nearly enough)
Rockhurst over Lee's Summit North (without a doubt the top matchup in the KC Metro and my coin flip)

C5 - Grain Valley over Platte County (rematch could be a 40+ a side shootout)

C4 - Jefferson City over Pleasant Hill (better slate even given I don't like that Battle loss)
Smithville over Kearney (heart goes alma mater head goes the Gold standard program)

C3 - Maryville over St. Pius X (another shootout)
California over Odessa (could lightning strike twice?)

C2 - St. Michael over Higginsville (upset special Huskers come in totally untested)
Lamar over Adrian (another where gotta go head over heart)
Father Tolton over Warsaw (was very tempted to put in Pick Em I think this may be close)

C1 is in semis. 8M looks very formful this year I'd pretty much go straight ticket same as GRC Hoops here...........
Shakor George for Lafayette County will run all over and catch screen passes throughout the game against St Micheal. I have LC by 21 range. IMO. They don’t have the horses to stop him.

KC/NW Opinion:
C6 - Oak Park over Park Hill - PH D is young and improved, but weakness is the offense outside of Lysaca.

Liberty North over Liberty - Jays have improved on D but still stall out on O drives. North has only grown bored and stronger.

Lees Summit North over Rockhurst - Rock is a much different team since giving up the big lead against Aquinas. Rock loses in a nail bitter late against LSN.

C5 - Grain Valley over Platte County - Grain gets 1 more stop and turnover than PC to win this shootout.

C4 - Jefferson City over Pleasant Hill - JC is back but only in C4.....weird 10 years ago it was the largest school in the state.

Smithville over Kearney - I eat my words from my prediction last week. SVille keeps doing what they have always done under Ambro and that is continually improve as the season rolls along. Their DC finds ways to get kids successful at their role and produce massive stops when needed. The Offense keeps schemes for this game away for this matchup. KMO has improved but discipline is always the issue.

C3 - Maryville over St. Pius X - Spoofhounds are in the playoffs, its time to roll, Pius is back to 90s form but their recruits faulter.

Odessa over California - Playoff time and studs will be playing both ways to win this game for Odessa.

C2 - I know nothing of class 2 and will not predict.

C1 - North Platte is my choice this season over everyone.

KC/NW Opinion:
C6 - Oak Park over Park Hill - PH D is young and improved, but weakness is the offense outside of Lysaca.

Liberty North over Liberty - Jays have improved on D but still stall out on O drives. North has only grown bored and stronger.

Lees Summit North over Rockhurst - Rock is a much different team since giving up the big lead against Aquinas. Rock loses in a nail bitter late against LSN.

C5 - Grain Valley over Platte County - Grain gets 1 more stop and turnover than PC to win this shootout.

C4 - Jefferson City over Pleasant Hill - JC is back but only in C4.....weird 10 years ago it was the largest school in the state.

Smithville over Kearney - I eat my words from my prediction last week. SVille keeps doing what they have always done under Ambro and that is continually improve as the season rolls along. Their DC finds ways to get kids successful at their role and produce massive stops when needed. The Offense keeps schemes for this game away for this matchup. KMO has improved but discipline is always the issue.

C3 - Maryville over St. Pius X - Spoofhounds are in the playoffs, its time to roll, Pius is back to 90s form but their recruits faulter.

Odessa over California - Playoff time and studs will be playing both ways to win this game for Odessa.

C2 - I know nothing of class 2 and will not predict.

C1 - North Platte is my choice this season over everyone.
images

• Haha
Reactions: 503_Maple
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT