ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship predictions

He has picked to win the only private schools remaining ! There is much credibility on this board but no credibility there!
Sorry SEMO honk. Valle will roll over Lamar. Then they're class 3 again next year where they should be.

1. All Joplin Globe questions are deferred to @Craig Hull.
2. Cole Camp is Central Missouri... Archie, in CASS M'Fing county is most certainly not SWMO. It's Kansas City.
3. When I remake "THE MAP" I'm putting a watermark on it.
How about one half of the state is divided, spilt down the middle. And the other half? Is it’s own.

That's Springfield, not Joplin... Veer you've spent a little time down in Benton and Camden county... that's about as much "Ozarks sports zone" as I can imagine. However, I'd be willing to redraw the map to extend BFE up the 65 highway corridor
macruber-will-forte-head-nod-1.gif

Yet they have fewer students than 8 man Archie ! And “should be class 3???? “.
Yes they pull from at least one county and that county has the students to populate a class 3/4 school.

You're welcome, 'new member'.

And that county populates Perryville, Farmington and Bonne Terre North County school districts in addition to SG school district. Translated: school district and county are irrelevant! What point are you really trying to make?

And that county populates Perryville, Farmington and Bonne Terre North County school districts in addition to SG school district. Translated: school district and county are irrelevant! What point are you really trying to make?
They have a class 3+ Talent pool and don't have IEP kids and the like.

There are two schools drawing from the same class 3 talent pool. IEP students and the like doesn’t make up that much of a percentage of students. Something still doesn’t add up. ….With your logic.

There are two schools drawing from the same class 3 talent pool. IEP students and the like doesn’t make up that much of a percentage of students. Something still doesn’t add up. ….With your logic.
Weird how you showed up last Sept. to regale us with your wisdom.

If valle were forced to take all kids, they'd be class 3+. They aren't going to take the disruptions or the hard to educate.

Where did you say you coached again?

NW, KC, SW, NE (STL doesnt want to be associated with them) Everything Else
My map is Missouri with four quadrants. This the directional “southwest” Missouri (versus northwest, northeast, and southeast).

But I do like that one map showing the fifth region BFE, which I do happen to drive thru on occasion as I travel to the southeastern US by motorhome. Except to me BFE extends all the way to Paducah, except for the required stop in Sikeston called Lambert’s.

My map is Missouri with four quadrants. This the directional “southwest” Missouri (versus northwest, northeast, and southeast).

But I do like that one map showing the fifth region BFE, which I do happen to drive thru on occasion as I travel to the southeastern US by motorhome. Except to me BFE extends all the way to Paducah, except for the required stop in Sikeston called Lambert’s.
Lambert's... never heard of it... any good?

Yes they pull from at least one county and that county has the students to populate a class 3/4 school.

You're welcome, 'new member'.
Are you aware that if you added the enrollments of Ste. Genevieve and Valle together...they still would be Class 3?
Also...Ste. Genevieve seems to have competed pretty well this year with the "left overs"...as you insinuate that Valle "has their pick" of whoever they want in the entire county. I mean...what the hell? Does the whole county recruit???

Are ALL the kids in the whole county "HIGH CALIBER" as you so often like to mis-quote me.?

TO BE CLEAR...when I said that private schools tend to an advantage over public schools the same size...that is because they have higher caliber kids in all phases...not just athletics.

With that statement I meant (and I think I EXPLAINED this) the private schools DON'T have the average % of public school "riff -raff"...those kids who are not only low academic achievers...but kids that are not involved in any type of sports or activities at all....and kids that often times have no PUSH or support from home.

Please...if you're going to quote me...don't take it out of context to suit your own agenda and feed your sad little obsession with Valle.

Valle has a great coaching staff...a great tradition...and a very good team this year. That being said...I'd be surprised if they can hang with Lamar this year.

Lamar is a GREAT public-school football program that doesn't let the "Private School" factor get in their heads...they just line up and play and make no excuses.

Maybe YOU and the team you root for should learn something from that...no?

Reactions: Taco Tico and 65TPT
Are you aware that if you added the enrollments of Ste. Genevieve and Valle together...they still would be Class 3?
Also...Ste. Genevieve seems to have competed pretty well this year with the "left overs"...as you insinuate that Valle "has their pick" of whoever they want in the entire county. I mean...what the hell? Does the whole county recruit???

Are ALL the kids in the whole county "HIGH CALIBER" as you so often like to mis-quote me.?

TO BE CLEAR...when I said that private schools tend to an advantage over public schools the same size...that is because they have higher caliber kids in all phases...not just athletics.

With that statement I meant (and I think I EXPLAINED this) the private schools DON'T have the average % of public school "riff -raff"...those kids who are not only low academic achievers...but kids that are not involved in any type of sports or activities at all....and kids that often times have no PUSH or support from home.

Please...if you're going to quote me...don't take it out of context to suit your own agenda and feed your sad little obsession with Valle.

Valle has a great coaching staff...a great tradition...and a very good team this year. That being said...I'd be surprised if they can hang with Lamar this year.

Lamar is a GREAT public-school football program that doesn't let the "Private School" factor get in their heads...they just line up and play and make no excuses.

Maybe YOU and the team you root for should learn something from that...no?
You said Valle has 'higher caliber' kids. Don't backpedal now.

SG public (394) lost by 31 to the school with 99 kids. Is that due to 'higher caliber kids'?

Only people that talk about valle recruiting is usually the valle honks like you.

You said Valle has 'higher caliber' kids. Don't backpedal now.

SG public (394) lost by 31 to the school with 99 kids. Is that due to 'higher caliber kids'?

Only people that talk about valle recruiting is usually the valle honks like you.
I'm throwing the red challenge-flag here...re-post my ENTIREoriginal post where I said high caliber ...you Anti-Valle-ite...you should be ashamed...that's even worse than being an anti-dentite

I'm throwing the red challenge-flag here...re-post my ENTIREoriginal post where I said high caliber ...you Anti-Valle-ite...you should be ashamed...that's even worse than being an anti-dentite

You posted it. You show us where i'm taking it out of context.
Be a man and stand behind your words

Valle has higher caliber kids according to this former Valle coach.
Sorry Lamar.

Should we not go make the trip?
probably not , man . Sorry.

At least not according to that former Valle coach and their biggest supporter. He also is in sales to PUBLIC schools so that's probably why he's backpedaling so fast.

This was his quote.

"I told you Valle has an advantage over public schools (like ALL private schools do) because they attend to attract higher caliber kids from supporting families."

probably not , man . Sorry.

At least not according to that former Valle coach and their biggest supporter. He also is in sales to PUBLIC schools so that's probably why he's backpedaling so fast.

This was his quote.

"I told you Valle has an advantage over public schools (like ALL private schools do) because they attend to attract higher caliber kids from supporting families."
Dang it!

Class 1: North Platte

Class 2: Lamar

Class 3: Seneca

Class 4: Kearney

Class 5: Cardinal Ritter

Class 6: Liberty North

That map is Garbo
STL Ends at Arnold
If Warrensburg is KC then so is Sedalia and St Joe
SW enda at 54

I'm not recognizing that map until he properly puts 54 Highway as the dividing line.
I feel like this topic needs a summit. I will be my normal, magnanimous self and appoint mullet to take input from all parties involved then do whatever the heck he wants to (ala MSHSAA).

I have spoken.

Weird how you showed up last Sept. to regale us with your wisdom.

If valle were forced to take all kids, they'd be class 3+. They aren't going to take the disruptions or the hard to educate.

Where did you say you coached again?
Missouri Public Schools
“Regaling with my wisdom” : The biggest difference between the successful programs and the programs not so successful are the number of kids walking the halls that should be playing football but are not!!!
When would have been the best time for me to show up?

Missouri Public Schools
“Regaling with my wisdom” : The biggest difference between the successful programs and the programs not so successful are the number of kids walking the halls that should be playing football but are not!!!
When would have been the best time for me to show up?
Nothing in what you posted has anything to do with what I typed.
Valle has an advantage because they don't have 'problem' kids. Not because there aren't those types of kids in every area but becauase they don't let them attend. They end up at the public school where they are forced to take any child. Then they count against the MSHSAA number and voila.

So stop with the BS. Anyone who says it's not an advantage is just a homer or ignorant of how it works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT