ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship predictions

With Lube or W/O Lube?
evolution-lubricant.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
They CAN and they have so they shouldn't even be playing against schools that have to accept the 'lower caliber' students that go to public schools.
You have ZERO proof. Give one name of someone being turned away. Ask around to people living here, take your time, because you won't find one.

You have ZERO proof. Give one name of someone being turned away. Ask around to people living here, take your time, because you won't find one.
IF. THEY. HAVE.AN.ADMISSIONS.OFFICE. LOGIC. SAYS. THEY. DONT. ACCEPT.EVERYONE.

This isn't difficult.

You think they are gonna broadcast that QueenBabyMama_kid_013 didn't make the cut?

Maybe they didn't have the right last name.

Let it go.

P.S. This line in their application kind of refutes some of the deniers:

"Public school student would attend based on residency"

And then....

• Does your student currently have an IEP or 504 plan?*
    YesNo
  • Do you suspect your child has any learning differences?*
    YesNo
  • Is your child currently receiving or have they ever received any accommodations in the classroom?*

Republic may surprise. See Cary-Grove, in Illinois (a flexbone team) vs East St Louis a couple times in the past few years (and this year) in the championship game. If they aren’t awestruck by just being there for the first time, I’d give them almost even odds.
I thought if Webb got by Republic they would have had a fighters chance against Ritter. They would line up run right at them, shorten the game and get into the 4th quarter with some of those kids on the other side a little gassed. Republic and Webb are a lot a like, so I'm with you if they aren't awestruck the 1st quarter I look for it to be a game.

Then explain. I’m always up to conversation. Unless you’re re unable to not throw in unnecessary and lame insults like the “puss” from Lamar.
The only thing lame is a lame who calls hismself snowflake to “mock snowfalkes” while actually being one. There’s other chat forums. Take the hint loser. Trying to weed out the losers who provide nothing to this forum. *pst you are one of them*

Someone needs to notify CalPreps they have made a huge mistake on even thinking Lamar has a chance again for the second week in a row.They stand to lose all credibility and might even be responsible for Lamar buying in on even a slim chance of winning, and even putting forth the effort and expense of showing up at Columbia. Oh I hope it's not too late to stop Lamar the humiliation that some say awaits them !!

Reactions: 503_Maple
Someone needs to notify CalPreps they have made a huge mistake on even thinking Lamar has a chance again for the second week in a row.They stand to lose all credibility and might even be responsible for Lamar buying in on even a slim chance of winning, and even putting forth the effort and expense of showing up at Columbia. Oh I hope it's not too late to stop Lamar the humiliation that some say awaits them !!
I’ve already sold my ticket to some sap at work. Also, I’m not even going to watch it on TV, couldn’t imagine how big of a blowout it’s going to be. Maybe 36 points.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
I hope every game this weekend is a good one, with lots of memories made. I wish everyone good health. May the champions and runner-ups represent themselves and their schools with humility and class. Good luck to all the boys. Play your hearts out.

I have always said privates have an advantage over publics due to socioeconomic advantages of students attending private schools and the so called "quality" of students at private schools. No doubt public schools have a higher percentage of underachieving, undisciplIned, and uninvolved students.

I also favor separate state championships but the current system is the best alternative.

But you are still dead wrong insinuating that Valle regularly turns students away to keep their attendance low. Do you really think crackmom is going to pay tuition?? 🤣 🤣 🤣
We're all wasting our time..."He doesn't get it...he's NEVER going to get it...even the COWS could understand this by now!"

Is Steer a DocGuy because hijacked this thread😂
Maybe I should be. You can find a documentary on the integration of Houston Cougar football on youtube. Plus, I coached the Cougars

If the private school groupies would let it drop I would too.

For now.
Bill-Yeoman-and-Gerald-Landry-1984-1.jpg

Last edited:
If the private school groupies would let it drop I would too.

LOL I'm a SGHS guy.

Look Veer, technically you are probably right about Valle rejecting students, but here's what you're not getting... If you and your child with learning disabilities walked into Valle and wanted to enroll, I'm sure they would explain to you that they do not have the necessary certified staff to effectively serve your child and tell you SG has an outstanding SPED dept. That may have happened a handful of times over the past 50 yrs, because people who live here already know it. It's very common for a family to send all their kids to Valle except one with special needs who goes to SG. Their taxes support the public school, and they want what's best for their child.

Valle wants every student they can get, they need the money!! They are not rejecting anyone. Their high school enrollment has been at its lowest in recent years compared to the past. To try to paint a picture that Valle is doing something nefarious to keep their enrollment numbers low for the purpose of staying in a lower classification for football is laughable.

It's really that simple.

LOL I'm a SGHS guy.

Look Veer, technically you are probably right about Valle rejecting students, but here's what you're not getting... If you and your child with learning disabilities walked into Valle and wanted to enroll, I'm sure they would explain to you that they do not have the necessary certified staff to effectively serve your child and tell you SG has an outstanding SPED dept. That may have happened a handful of times over the past 50 yrs, because people who live here already know it. It's very common for a family to send all their kids to Valle except one with special needs who goes to SG. Their taxes support the public school, and they want what's best for their child.

Valle wants every student they can get, they need the money!! They are not rejecting anyone. Their high school enrollment has been at its lowest in recent years compared to the past. To try to paint a picture that Valle is doing something nefarious to keep their enrollment numbers low for the purpose of staying in a lower classification for football is laughable.

It's really that simple.
Serious question, when Valle was steam rolling all of class one were they then as in the past keeping their enrollment low?
Was they turning away kids or was they in need of every kid available?
Also years ago you would hear about private schools messing with enrollment numbers by having separation of boys and girls schools. Anything to that or just hot air?

Serious question, when Valle was steam rolling all of class one were they then as in the past keeping their enrollment low?
Was they turning away kids or was they in need of every kid available?
Also years ago you would hear about private schools messing with enrollment numbers by having separation of boys and girls schools. Anything to that or just hot air?
Any private school can 'keep their enrollment low' by simply not giving scholarships to the riffraff they don't want.

Those folks aren't high enough caliber.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT