ADVERTISEMENT

Current openings, soon to be opened, or hot seat.

Windsor Imperial is rough...
It's extremely rough....there is really no "community" support or at least one that rallies around the sports teams or even the school in my opinion. Facilities aren't anything to get excited about. They have had some really good athletes over the years of existence...they have a youth football feeder program...no clue as to what they are really wanting...the last guy there has been incredibly loyal and seems to be such a good human being.

Mighty Might Coach
ESICDB63FJP4XGHP4YDPR3SJXU.jpg

It's extremely rough....there is really no "community" support or at least one that rallies around the sports teams or even the school in my opinion. Facilities aren't anything to get excited about. They have had some really good athletes over the years of existence...they have a youth football feeder program...no clue as to what they are really wanting...the last guy there has been incredibly loyal and seems to be such a good human being.
Anyone got word on replacement?

Lee Freeman has been hired by Windsor (Imperial) as New head coach. He was the head coach at Hillsboro from 2014-19. He replaces Jeff Funston who headed the Windsor program the past three seasons.

Reactions: TheParkmont
Wow, that was radio silence on that one. Hard to believe in this day and age. Curious if Bult leaves the sidelines like Schartz did to take that role. Dudley, who was the defensive coordinator and now AP at the high school, could be a potential replacement in the AD role.
That is definitely a splashy hire. He has a good senior class returning with a solid running back. I think he will get numbers up immediately and they will be a contender next year.

Last edited:
Wow, that was radio silence on that one. Hard to believe in this day and age. Curious if Bult leaves the sidelines like Schartz did to take that role. Dudley, who was the defensive coordinator and now AP at the high school, could be a potential replacement in the AD role.
That is definitely a splashy hire. He has a good senior class returning with a solid running back. I think he will get numbers up immediately and they will be a contender next year.
MRVC West will be high scoring again this season I would say a horse race right now especially with this incredible hire. I could see defending champ Pleasant Hill, Harrisonville, Warrensburg, Odessa and Oak Grove all contending for this league in 2024. In saying that I SERIOUSLY doubt we see a result like Week 9 Warrensburg-Oak Grove ever again!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fort80
This is the best hire by a KC area school in recent memory. Came out of nowhere but I've heard he'll have the chance to coach his son's at OG so it makes sense if thats the case. He is going to be in the dual AD/Coach role so that'll definitely be a challenge. One thing I have no doubt about is that he'll assemble a top staff and they'll win and contend in C3.

I had the same thought on Bult and Dudley.

This is the best hire by a KC area school in recent memory. Came out of nowhere but I've heard he'll have the chance to coach his son's at OG so it makes sense if thats the case. He is going to be in the dual AD/Coach role so that'll definitely be a challenge. One thing I have no doubt about is that he'll assemble a top staff and they'll win and contend in C3.

I had the same thought on Bult and Dudley.
facts already getting calls to come over as DC but we all know peewee parents pay better hahahahahahahaha

It will be interesting to see how it changes. Fort HAS to solve the qb position regardless of scheme.

Also watching the AD hire to see if it affects football.

I saw a lefty JV QB who was unbelievably athletic who will be a junior. Also, I don't see the offense changing much: hand it to the good RB. A lot. Throw RPOs off of that. Done.

I saw a lefty JV QB who was unbelievably athletic who will be a junior. Also, I don't see the offense changing much: hand it to the good RB. A lot. Throw RPOs off of that. Done.
RPO not going to work against K with all that damn speed at LB they do not have to sell out to stop the run they have the speed to let the play develop and react

Well they weren't previously much of an RPO team. So that would be different. Obviously they'll ride Peppers but I think the few that have noted a QB is needed is likely correct. Good defenses will contain Peppers. Be interesting to see what Hewitt does with Offense but I'd imagine it'll look much different than the past Fort O's

Well they weren't previously much of an RPO team. So that would be different. Obviously they'll ride Peppers but I think the few that have noted a QB is needed is likely correct. Good defenses will contain Peppers. Be interesting to see what Hewitt does with Offense but I'd imagine it'll look much different than the past Fort O's

To the average fan, the run game and formations will look nearly the same: Fort O ran a lot of power/counter schemes (and some inside zone) with an H and normal spread formations, whereas Joplin looks more inside/outside zone, but still with an H and normal spread formations. The pass game may be a bit different, but will it look that much different than every other spread team?

Reactions: HomeyR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT