ADVERTISEMENT

Current openings, soon to be opened, or hot seat.

816FOOTBALL

Aug 24, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked already (I can delete if so)

What H.S. currently have H.C openings?
Which ones do you think will open soon?
Who is on the hot seat?

Only one I know of currently in the South Central part of the state is Cabool.

I am guessing that will change after the first of the year.

The late 00s and early 10s showed that.
UDxjCNF.gif

A fine example of a school that would win big if they invested the resources that the top teams do.
Kent Gibbs has some really good teams there maybe 10-12 years ago. Other than the cycle up and down of athletes, what is the school and district not doing now that they were then?

he was trolling an east fanboi that used that as an excuse why SEMO publics have underperformed
No, I really was not. I mean that Sikeston is a good example of a place that, IF they invested in facilities, travel, coaches, weight room, other nice things for the athletes, etc., that some of the regular state title contenders (in their class and others) do, they would win said state titles. They are among the most athletic teams in Class 4 on a regular basis. Maybe they don't have the resources. Maybe nobody in a position to do anything about it will. Maybe they just need to raise the bar a little.
Why were they not able to keep Coach Gibbs? I don't know him well, but have had the pleasure of meeting his acquaintance, and have coached against him. He is excellent. Keeping him would have been a good start.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
No, I really was not. I mean that Sikeston is a good example of a place that, IF they invested in facilities, travel, coaches, weight room, other nice things for the athletes, etc., that some of the regular state title contenders (in their class and others) do, they would win said state titles. They are among the most athletic teams in Class 4 on a regular basis. Maybe they don't have the resources. Maybe nobody in a position to do anything about it will. Maybe they just need to raise the bar a little.
Why were they not able to keep Coach Gibbs? I don't know him well, but have had the pleasure of meeting his acquaintance, and have coached against him. He is excellent. Keeping him would have been a good start.
just throw more money at it.

great plan

Poplar Bluff is also another SEMO North job that's open. Dave Seivers retired at last night's school board meeting

SEMO has so much talent in basketball, how come that doesn't translate to the football field?
because parents and coaches pressure kids to play one sport even down in the youth leagues. Doing more harm than good never giving the same muscles, tendons and ligaments a rest.

Reactions: MoSooner69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT