ADVERTISEMENT

Current openings, soon to be opened, or hot seat.

Jeff Mannon named new head coach at Poplar Bluff. Mannon has been on the Mules coaching staff since the 2008 season and has served as defensive coordinator in recent years. He is a PB alumni.

Douglas did some good things at NKC. They never broke through in the playoffs, but he sent quite a few guys to college. I think there were guys that went to Oklahoma, Alabama, and Adetomiwa Adebawore who is now in the NFL. I hope whoever takes over can build on that.
NKC High School has changed a lot in the last 5-7 years. I love the old school football stadium and part of the old building juxtaposed with the brand new part of the school behind the bleachers.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Saxony Lutheran has named OJ Turner as the innagural head coach of their new program. He hasn't had head coaching experience at the high school level before but has coached youth sports in Cape county for years and is a Cape Central and SEMO alum and former player for the arena football team River City Rage.

Just as long as it's not my guy Bult.
I'm not sure if all Douglas' D1 talent was from NKC. He might've been a good recruiter? Lees Summit is definitely missing on that front when you have Mozee and Horn across town, and Staley makes splashy hires and Douglas is already embedded in that district? They have weird rules in that district where kids can easily move from one school to another and not miss a year. I know Independence, Fort and others will fight it anytime a kid moves, even to a private school.
I'd actually wondered if the Smithville principal Scotty Moore was going to try and get Bult since he was the principal at Fort until this year.

I'm not sure if all Douglas' D1 talent was from NKC. He might've been a good recruiter? Lees Summit is definitely missing on that front when you have Mozee and Horn across town, and Staley makes splashy hires and Douglas is already embedded in that district? They have weird rules in that district where kids can easily move from one school to another and not miss a year. I know Independence, Fort and others will fight it anytime a kid moves, even to a private school.
I'd actually wondered if the Smithville principal Scotty Moore was going to try and get Bult since he was the principal at Fort until this year.

It seems like NKC(at least in recent seasons) could never get the level of QB play they needed to really put them in position to make a serious run in C5.

It'll be interesting to see where NKC and Truman go to fill their open spots.

The hot seat is on north Madison Street in Webb City
200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: bullitpdq68
It seems like NKC(at least in recent seasons) could never get the level of QB play they needed to really put them in position to make a serious run in C5.

It'll be interesting to see where NKC and Truman go to fill their open spots.
Agreed... after watching NKC several times in recent years, they did not seem to be able to get good QB play. Overall, their offense seemed to be very basic and lacked any "imagination." Their overall talent was really good.

Agreed... after watching NKC several times in recent years, they did not seem to be able to get good QB play. Overall, their offense seemed to be very basic and lacked any "imagination." Their overall talent was really good.
Or they seemed to try to force the deep ball too much. I think we saw that in their 2021 opener vs. Raytown, Homey.

Reactions: Fort80 and HomeyR
https://twitter.com/PrepsKC

·
3m

News out of Lee's Summit.
@lstigerfootball
is hiring Todd Miller from Pine Creek High School in Colorado to be its next head football coach.
This should leave Raytown, NKC, Excelsior Springs as the only C4-6 KC metro openings remaining......................glad to see LS, Staley and Smithville filled! Glad to see the "rumors" pertaining to KMO not pan out one bit.

Reactions: Wheels 1
This should leave Raytown, NKC, Excelsior Springs as the only C4-6 KC metro openings remaining......................glad to see LS, Staley and Smithville filled! Glad to see the "rumors" pertaining to KMO not pan out one bit.
Is Truman filled?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT