ADVERTISEMENT

Current openings, soon to be opened, or hot seat.

OIP.9ftKxtN0M7NhvLgJgUAjtAHaG1
star trek lol GIF

Jeff City Jays got their guy. Eric Thomas is returning to his Alma Mater.

70-78 at Lees Summit. Hopefully it will be better at JC
Class 6 football, especially Kansas City area, is a meat grinder. I wouldn't hold that record against him, he's a good coach. Now Jeff City is still Jeff City, so I'm surprised he would go back. The lure of coaching at his alma mater must have been enough. We all shall see.

70-78 at Lees Summit. Hopefully it will be better at JC
I have the greatest respect for coach Thomas and there are very few, if any, coaches in the K.C. area that don't feel the same. Excepting for the years he had Drew Lock, he almost always had fewer athletes and less talent than his opponents. As MM Football declared, class 6 football in K.C. is a meat grinder. When he did develop an athlete with a huge upside, they somehow ended up subsequently enrolled at LSN. Amazing how that works.
Coach Thomas is himself a grinder and he knows football. I don't know much about J.C. football but he will evidently be competing in class 5 rather than class 4 so comparisons to last year may not be appropriate right away. If anyone can accomplish the rebuild, I think coach Thomas can. JMO

I have the greatest respect for coach Thomas and there are very few, if any, coaches in the K.C. area that don't feel the same. Excepting for the years he had Drew Lock, he almost always had fewer athletes and less talent than his opponents. As MM Football declared, class 6 football in K.C. is a meat grinder. When he did develop an athlete with a huge upside, they somehow ended up subsequently enrolled at LSN. Amazing how that works.
Coach Thomas is himself a grinder and he knows football. I don't know much about J.C. football but he will evidently be competing in class 5 rather than class 4 so comparisons to last year may not be appropriate right away. If anyone can accomplish the rebuild, I think coach Thomas can. JMO
They were class 4 this year. Who knows. Hopefully it well go well for him. Being a former Jay will help the process for sure

Willow Springs in now on the clock. They can't keep anyone. Feel bad for the old coach. He had no chance.
Coach Payne did a tremendous job with the Bears this year and last year. This year the Bears played a full JV and Varsity schedule with a Freshmen and Sophomore dominated Roster, the kids got better every week and never gave up. It speaks volumes that very few kids physically quit during the season.

Coach Payne did a tremendous job with the Bears this year and last year. This year the Bears played a full JV and Varsity schedule with a Freshmen and Sophomore dominated Roster, the kids got better every week and never gave up. It speaks volumes that very few kids physically quit during the season.
Lets not get crazy. The team was absolutely brutal and they were equally as brutal on the last day as the first. Now the fact that they did not have a mass exodus is a fair point.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
Scott City has posted their Head Football position. Coach Jim May led the Rams to a 9-3 record and were Runner-Ups in their District. This is the 5th Opening in Class 2 and the 36th Opening Overall.

Scott City has posted their Head Football position. Coach Jim May led the Rams to a 9-3 record and were Runner-Ups in their District. This is the 5th Opening in Class 2 and the 36th Opening Overall.
May will take over at Sikeston.

Nick Saban has confirmed he will be taking over the reins from coach Hocker in Pierce City. Joining the Saban staff will be DC Bill Belichek. Team will still lose though to Thayer in the district championship.
Would be great if they could add Pete Carroll as OC but I hear he's staying where he's at as the new AD.

Nick Saban has confirmed he will be taking over the reins from coach Hocker in Pierce City. Joining the Saban staff will be DC Bill Belichek. Team will still lose though to Thayer in the district championship.
They gotta get by the teams from Memphis first. Road trip!

Coach Seitz wasn’t at Versailles very long. I remember him being at Nemaha Valley Kansas not too long ago

How do you all think Leirman will fare his first year without a Jones class? By no means am i insinuating he in on the hot seat, but i wonder with the recent string of success, can he sustain the 10+ games won per season

Previous Sikeston head coach Treston Pulley has been hired as the new head coach at Malden after previous head coach Shane Kearbey was fired during last season. Second head coaching job he was fired from due to off the job actions

How do you all think Leirman will fare his first year without a Jones class? By no means am i insinuating he in on the hot seat, but i wonder with the recent string of success, can he sustain the 10+ games won per season
KC C6 will be very deep next year. Watch Liberty. This rivalry will be much more "eye to eye" in 2024.

tough job

I've never been able to pinpoint why Truman and Chrisman have struggled so much with their football programs as compared to Fort. You can see from their basketball programs there are athletes in those schools. I've always thought it was a matter of just getting the right coach in place but they each cycled through several. Is it a lack of a good feeder program.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I've never been able to pinpoint why Truman and Chrisman have struggled so much with their football programs as compared to Fort. You can see from their basketball programs there are athletes in those schools. I've always thought it was a matter of just getting the right coach in place but they each cycled through several. Is it a lack of a good feeder program.

It is possible. Under Webb in 2015, Truman was 8-3 and ranked Top 10 in Class 5. They have a nice stadium, and overall what look to be good facilities. As does Chrisman. Beautiful football facility. I thought Pop Warner was their feeder? Probably need Toots or some other libtard on here to explain the socioeconomic excuses for what is going on.

• Haha
Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
Long range following both I have always considered particularly Truman to be a basketball school. Chrisman has showed some promise in FB all the way back to the QB Kisner years (early 00s) and have had good HCs cycle through there just never seemed to have quite enough depth to compete with the KC elite programs like Fort. You all have about as impressive a youth program as there is (have gotten more into that since I have family playing at the grade school level) and FB will always be Fort's main sport in my outsider opinion.

"You can see from their basketball programs there are athletes in those schools."

Uhh, no. It don't work that way.

Reactions: Treadmill
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT