ADVERTISEMENT

The private school boutique team. End this nonsense now.

Yes, public schools get caught all the time. So many public schools do this and refuse to acknowledge it. The hazard here is many coaches and administrators are the ones to report students illegally attending a school. This means for instance:
1) Joey N wants to attend school at Liberty North but lives within NKC borders.
- he needs legal residence for LN (can use false address of relative or "rent" an apartment)
2) To be reported, the reporter must attach their name to the filed report.

Many people don't want their name attached.

Park Hill and Staley had a squabble over a player a few years ago. LSW takes in kids from Grandview, BS and BSS take kids from Grain and Independence, LSN takes in kids from Raytown and Raytown South. Liberty North and Liberty take in kids from NKC district. LN has a kid Juice Love who was the RB1 at a state quaterfinalist Center in C4 last season. Hell, Platte County had a QB a few years ago from Shawnee Mission East. It's common practice across the board, just takes someone with courage to step up and stop it.

I'm not saying people are moving for sports as the kids deserve to be at a school that can allow them better education, access to care, etc. Vouchers could do this or make it a mad gambit to recruit like a college program.

The main gatekeeper is the admin at each school at the Superintendents' office. Those are the people who process transfers and check for documentation. I'm thinking if you have a relative in the desired district, no way to stop it. I can think some would go so far as to rent a place, but less likely.

The more I think about it, the more I realize why they don't do anything. Hell, the kid from Buffalo, MO that ended up at Staley shopped himself around some KC schools. At the time K didn't want him. But Staley was new and they had lots of a apartments in the area.

Raytown South basketball in the Lathrop era. He won 955 games, 35 conference titles and four state championships. Where'd everyone move from for those teams? I dunno.

Reactions: Boogie_Mane
The main gatekeeper is the admin at each school at the Superintendents' office. Those are the people who process transfers and check for documentation. I'm thinking if you have a relative in the desired district, no way to stop it. I can think some would go so far as to rent a place, but less likely.

The more I think about it, the more I realize why they don't do anything. Hell, the kid from Buffalo, MO that ended up at Staley shopped himself around some KC schools. At the time K didn't want him. But Staley was new and they had lots of a apartments in the area.

Raytown South basketball in the Lathrop era. He won 955 games, 35 conference titles and four state championships. Where'd everyone move from for those teams? I dunno.
Everyone knows, but no one is willing to go through the paperwork, you're right! Spot on!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT