ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson City football

Their new HC has made some obvious improvements, if he can get buy in from those kids Ruskin could quickly turn into a contender over the next several year. If I am remembering correctly he was also a hell of a coach in KS for a long time.
Not happening

I disagree and this will be proven false when Kearney wins handedly. PH and MC would have gotten stomped by either Kearney or Smithville anyways (who are without a doubt class 4) JC might have large enrollment but that doesn't always translate to good football. Examples are most of the schools is Suburban Blue conference. Several are class 5 and don't regularly field competitive teams.

Although I will admit I felt that the conference was much stronger this year.
Who cares if they would have eventually gotten "stomped" by Kearney?
Pleasant Hill could have played two more games and McDonald County one more. I'm willing to bet the seniors for those two teams would rather have played one more game, regardless of whether they had a chance to win state or not.

Just asking you to back up your claims. Not surprised that you can't.
bots GIF
In all seriousness I don't nearly have time to go pull up a bunch of Kearney demographics stats. I am sure they are out there I am telling everyone street level why this is still a Class 4 school with all the new housing.

I have a freaking business to run, Rufus................

In all seriousness I don't nearly have time to go pull up a bunch of Kearney demographics stats. I am sure they are out there I am telling everyone street level why this is still a Class 4 school with all the new housing.

I have a freaking business to run, Rufus................
I thank you for taking a little bit of your time to check the message boards every few days.

Would you, like, add something instead of just criticizing and trolling? How old are you anyway?
Dufus and Staggy the little guy don’t provide anything. Do they even like sports? It’s hard to tell by comment history. They just combat takes that usually aren’t even about team A vs Team B. Mouth breathers.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Here's the opposite scenario: Someone older than me will have to confirm this, but when Joplin combined its two schools (Parkwood and Memorial), both of which had been very good football (etc.) schools, they got way worse for a quite a long time.
Hall of Fame coach Dewey Combs retired after Parkwood merged so I'm sure that played a part just as Jeff City won only one state title few years after Pete Adkins retired. There's been six head coaches since then. The schools splitting up didn't help.

As weak as class 4 is now, it isn't terribly implausible that Kearney could catch eventually JC at some point (win this year's championship and 5 more) especially if the useful trend of Kearney's high school enrollment shrinking while the city's population keeps significantly growing continues.
But they don’t have a Walmart!

He gorges himself all week long, while most of us do just one day. Who am I kidding, he does every day all year!
Damn near all the doc guys are coaches for one particular team . That school didn't have classes this week but have a game sat

Kearney might lose to LN but any team that can give up 63 points I like their chances I promise you LN has not faced a Defense like Kearney has. That being said got to get there first.
All the STL privates have been challenged big time this year. Ritter may end up being the one and only "steamroller" over that way but I don't think even that is set in stone.

Compare this with St. Mary's and CBC in particular the past few years.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I have to say that I would be shocked if anyone beats Lutheran North in Class 4.

I was extremely impressed with them after watching that Hannibal game. Probably one of the most athletic and explosive teams I have ever seen. Blows my mind to think that just a few years ago that team is competing in Class 2.

That is a 70 - 20 score if Hannibal doesn't have a once in a lifetime dude like Aneyas.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I have to say that I would be shocked if anyone beats Lutheran North in Class 4.

I was extremely impressed with them after watching that Hannibal game. Probably one of the most athletic and explosive teams I have ever seen. Blows my mind to think that just a few years ago that team is competing in Class 2.

That is a 70 - 20 score if Hannibal doesn't have a once in a lifetime dude like Aneyas.
Kearney has to get there first but they have a very speedy, athletic D which is battle tested.

Reactions: NEMOFball

Are you in shock?

Reactions: TheDaddy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT