ADVERTISEMENT

They just need to work harder

What's so foreign to me is how irrelevant public schools are even in the affluent suburbs in STL.
I've never seen a metro area like that. Are Howells, Parkways, Zumwalts trashy schools? Are Illinois suburbs not good either? In KC, parents send their kids on both sides of state line to publics in the Lees Summits, Libertys, Blue Springs, Blue Valleys, Shawnee Missions because they are good school districts. The privates don't have near the pull.

What's so foreign to me is how irrelevant public schools are even in the affluent suburbs in STL.
I've never seen a metro area like that. Are Howells, Parkways, Zumwalts trashy schools? Are Illinois suburbs not good either? In KC, parents send their kids on both sides of state line to publics in the Lees Summits, Libertys, Blue Springs, Blue Valleys, Shawnee Missions because they are good school districts. The privates don't have near the pull.
Public schools in suburban St. Louis actually perform better academically than the Kansas City suburban schools. So, no they are not trashy. I know in football St. Louis schools don't throw resources and funds at football programs like they do compared to Kansas City, and other areas as well.

Reactions: Toots_mcgee
Public schools in suburban St. Louis actually perform better academically than the Kansas City suburban schools. So, no they are not trashy. I know in football St. Louis schools don't throw resources and funds at football programs like they do compared to Kansas City, and other areas as well.
I would say for most StL suburban area public schools that there isn't near the push for excitement over athletics. With all the budget issues, school board drama, harder to find and retain teachers, post covid test scores, etc. that athletics isn't much of a priority at many school districts.

What a joke. We put together an all star team. We are so proud.
triggerd.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT