49Benton517
50Potosi514
51Osage512
52Westminster Christian Academy510
53St. Clair507
54Helias Catholic504
55Odessa504
56Moberly497
Private schools don't count because they don't have the attendance boundaries regulations that public schools. When it comes to Private school student-athletes and coaching staff, it about them picking quality not quantity.

JC is definitely a Class 5 school with an enrollment of 961, as posted on the MSHSAA web site. This number is well above the 906 cut off number for Class 4. Someone made a huge mistake. I don't think JC has to forfiet any games. The wrong number doesn't effect the in season play.I believe they should not be in post season play because the are a Class 5 school playing in the Class 4 bracket. They should not be allowed to play Friday against MacCo, that is a pretty simple fix and be less embarrassing than crowning a Class4 State Champion with a Class 5 enrollment number. Also MSHSAA should send a formal letter of apoligy to all the schools effected by this mistake.
If private schools are allow to recruit players and compete with public schools then there should be no issue with Jeff City playing class 4 on a technicality.

Is Fair Grove right on the enrollment border line for class 1 and class 2?
On the borderline makes no difference. There will always be a smallest school in a class and a biggest school in a class. What matters is what class their enrollment would put them in. I used them as an example, probably a poor example.

And all of Mosports has paid the price the entire season for Adrian moving up.
821164fd-c364-411c-af0e-7e4960778ab7_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
If private schools are allow to recruit players and compete with public schools then there should be no issue with Jeff City playing class 4 on a technicality.

Pleasant Hill and McDonald County are paying the price for the sins of private schools by this logic. That doesn't make any sense.
When it comes down to it, PH and MC got screwed by MSHSAA if all of this is accurate.

The once mighty Jays have split into two high schools so the talent pool split. They would be dominant if they were still one high school.

Here's the opposite scenario: Someone older than me will have to confirm this, but when Joplin combined its two schools (Parkwood and Memorial), both of which had been very good football (etc.) schools, they got way worse for a quite a long time.

That is ok Kearney will fix MSHSAA's mistake on Saturday you are welcome in advance.
Should happen but don't be shocked if JC comes out with tons of energy and keeps this one close at least for the first half. Kearney is heading to Hallowed ground at Adkins Stadium lots and lots of tradition/history there.

Pleasant Hill and McDonald County are paying the price for the sins of private schools by this logic. That doesn't make any sense.
When it comes down to it, PH and MC got screwed by MSHSAA if all of this is accurate.
I disagree and this will be proven false when Kearney wins handedly. PH and MC would have gotten stomped by either Kearney or Smithville anyways (who are without a doubt class 4) JC might have large enrollment but that doesn't always translate to good football. Examples are most of the schools is Suburban Blue conference. Several are class 5 and don't regularly field competitive teams.

Although I will admit I felt that the conference was much stronger this year.

Reactions: 3389
I disagree and this will be proven false when Kearney wins handedly. PH and MC would have gotten stomped by either Kearney or Smithville anyways (who are without a doubt class 4) JC might have large enrollment but that doesn't always translate to good football. Examples are most of the schools is Suburban Blue conference. Several are class 5 and don't regularly field competitive teams.

Although I will admit I felt that the conference was much stronger this year.
CORRECT. Ruskin, Ray South and Grandview have all massively upgraded their HCs and staffs.

And it was good to see. Hopefully this is just a new ground level and they can continue developing their programs and get some kids out that should be playing. It would make for some interesting football in suburban K C.
Agree totally and, of those three, would watch Ruskin in particular.

Agree totally and, of those three, would watch Ruskin in particular.
Their new HC has made some obvious improvements, if he can get buy in from those kids Ruskin could quickly turn into a contender over the next several year. If I am remembering correctly he was also a hell of a coach in KS for a long time.

Reactions: thetophat2021
That is ok Kearney will fix MSHSAA's mistake on Saturday you are welcome in advance.

As weak as class 4 is now, it isn't terribly implausible that Kearney could catch eventually JC at some point (win this year's championship and 5 more) especially if the useful trend of Kearney's high school enrollment shrinking while the city's population keeps significantly growing continues.

As weak as class 4 is now, it isn't terribly implausible that Kearney could catch eventually JC at some point (win this year's championship and 5 more) especially if the useful trend of Kearney's high school enrollment shrinking while the city's population keeps significantly growing continues.
So many young families moving here. No way Kearney stays C4 much longer.

Maybe I dont grasp what you are saying, but how can the HS enrollment be shrinking if they citys population keeps significantly growing?

Maybe I dont grasp what you are saying, but how can the HS enrollment be shrinking if they citys population keeps significantly growing?

Who knows. They did a 2 year stint, I believe, in class 5 in 2012 and 2013. The town population went from around 8800 in 2012 to around 10,800 currently. If it's a ton of young families, then it makes decent sense that they won't be seeing the high school boom until here in a couple years.

Reactions: thetophat2021

I think, all around, it's foolish to think schools would be fudging their numbers anyway. Butts in the seats are a large part of determining funding, and admins love their paychecks. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but when you look at the other 99% of a school district that doesn't include football, it doesn't pass the BS test that schools would do this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT