ADVERTISEMENT

23-24 SPS Boys Basketball Season

January 11th
Glendale 21 - Paul VI 82
- Worst margin-of-defeat in program history. Ties for the fewest points scored in a game in program history (21 Vs. Kickapoo IN A VICTORY in 1984)

Central 37 - St. John Bosco 68

They aren't even a real high school basketball team. They are just an all star team.

A 61 point loss. Why did they put Glendale in the TOC.

I'm convinced the thinking was Witham will leave for a prep school before long and they wanted Glendale in the event with him. I agree, they shouldn't have been in the tournament. Glendale's 13-13 team in '18-19 would've played better. Ditto last year's 19-9 team. This is the fourth time the wrong Glendale team has been in the tournament. I'm getting sick of it. It should've been '06 instead of '07, '11 instead of '12, '17 instead of '18, etc.,

At one time, Glendale's record in the TOC was 14-10! Now, it's 15-22.

Kickapoo, Nixa and/or Parkview would've produced a good games to watch all three days.

Last edited:
I was there last night and it was bad for Glendale.
Paul VI was leading 45-3 at half.

Vashon played a much better second half and gave McEachern fits.

McEachern won 73-62 if I remember correctly.
Vashon trailed by 8 at half.
Best game of the night.

I'm convinced the thinking was Witham will leave for a prep school before long and they wanted Glendale in the event with him. I agree, they shouldn't have been in the tournament. Glendale's 13-13 team in '18-19 would've played better. Ditto last year's 19-9 team. This is the fourth time the wrong Glendale team has been in the tournament. I'm getting sick of it. It should've been '06 instead of '07, '11 instead of '12, '17 instead of '18, etc.,

At one time, Glendale's record in the TOC was 14-10! Now, it's 15-22.

Kickapoo, Nixa and/or Parkview would've produced a good games to watch all three days.
What top prep school do you think witham can play at?

I would hope not. The teams in this tournament are supposed to be good, even the local ones.

We don't stink, we just had no business playing in the TOC this year.

90% of the varsity roster wasn't even on the team last year at any level (frosh, JV, or varsity).

And, half of those didn't play in the Willard Tournament, so it's more or less a new team (for the second straight year, by the way).

Willard and McDonald County were good tournaments for us, but NOT the TOC.

Reactions: Arcola
We don't stink, we just had no business playing in the TOC this year.

90% of the varsity roster wasn't even on the team last year at any level (frosh, JV, or varsity).

And, half of those didn't play in the Willard Tournament, so it's more or less a new team (for the second straight year, by the way).

Willard and McDonald County were good tournaments for us, but NOT the TOC.
Well If stinks is too much. Then surely we can agree that they just aren’t very good.

I will give Glendale credit, they play a lot better when they move the ball around and play as a team not a one or two man show.

Well If stinks is too much. Then surely we can agree that they just aren’t very good.

They're not on the same level as Paul VI!!!! But I think they proved in the TOC seventh-place game (at times), if the ball bounced their way, they could stay on the court with Central. And that's all that matters as far as the OC and district play are concerned. Obviously, Kickapoo will be another huge problem, but that's been the case since '94-'95....nothing new for us.

They're not on the same level as Paul VI!!!! But I think they proved in the TOC seventh-place game (at times), if the ball bounced their way, they could stay on the court with Central. And that's all that matters as far as the OC and district play are concerned. Obviously, Kickapoo will be another huge problem, but that's been the case since '94-'95....nothing new for us.
I think they should probably worry about beating hillcrest and Parkview at this point. They can’t beat central and they are likely not beating Kickapoo as well.

January 27th
Glendale 83 - Lift for Life 71

Hillcrest 38 - Rogersville 58

Kickapoo 53 - Jefferson City 48

Central 55 - Webster Groves 59

Last edited:
Last edited:
Brutal loss for Glendale.

Don't worry, we're used to it.

Glendale NEVER gets the last second win over Kickapoo. It's ALWAYS Kickapoo that makes the big play to win.

10-41 Vs. Kickapoo since 1994-95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully, I went to the Parkview-West Plains game.

Reactions: da bears 25
Don't worry, we're used to it.

Glendale NEVER gets the last second win over Kickapoo. It's ALWAYS Kickapoo that makes the big play to win.

10-41 Vs. Kickapoo since 1994-95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully, I went to the Parkview-West Plains game.
What happened to Parkview tonight? Didn’t think west plains was very good.

Reactions: AC100
What happened to Parkview tonight? Didn’t think west plains was very good.

Senior Night curse. I've seen it happen many times since 1996 (mostly to Glendale). Teams play flat and/or distracted because of Senior Night. Parkview just couldn't get it going. West Plains has improved since Christmas.

Reactions: da bears 25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT