ADVERTISEMENT

121st season of Springfield Public Schools basketball...

msubearssuperfan1

Oct 15, 2009
11-22-2022
Central 85 - Willard 42

11-29-2022
Hillcrest 67 - Purdy 40

12-1-2022
Central 69 - Harrison, AR 64
Kickapoo 83 - Rogers, AR Heritage 33
https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/476674

Parkview 55 - Jefferson City Helias 58 OT
https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/476669

12-2-2022
Parkview 44 - St. Louis Lafayette 46
https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/478213

Kickapoo 55 - St. Louis DeSmet 62
https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/478219

Hillcrest 67 - Fair Grove 75
Central 56 - Nixa 67

12-3-2022
Kickapoo 70 - Raytown 44
https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/479150

Parkview 60 - Rogers, AR Heritage 62 2OT
https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/479146

Hillcrest 69 - Springfield Catholic 48
Central 63 - Willard 51

12-6-2022
Central 76 - Branson 47
Hillcrest 49 - McDonald County 64

All games involving SPS teams taking place at SPS facilities are live-streamed here:
https://www.springfieldsports.net/

Last edited:
Reactions: NOMOCA
Looks like a tough schedule and some close losses for Parkview. Probably still trying to get all the pieces to fit in Coach Simpsons system?

Reactions: da bears 25
They had double-digit leads in the second half in the first two games and let them slip away. Now, in the third game, they were facing what I thought was an inferior opponent, yet they found themselves down double-digits in the second half and battled to take the game into overtime twice. In all three they suffered from periods where the ball wasn't finding the bottom of the basket, while their opponents were able to score just enough to win.

Reactions: da bears 25
12-9-2022
Kickapoo 60 - Father Tolton 44
Parkview 40 - Rogersville 51
Hillcrest 69 - Willard 42
Glendale 96 - Venus, TX 43

12-10-2022
Kickapoo 52 - Blue Valley Northwest 51
Early AM 12-11-2022
Central 82 - White Haven(TN) 71

Last edited:
Reactions: NOMOCA
Is Glendale really good or did they play bad teams?

We'll find out tomorrow against Bolivar. Those teams were bad, but I think Glendale will be better than my 6-20 prediction over the summer. Amare Witham is running ahead of Johal and Walton just two games into his career. I'm going to change my prediction on Glendale to 10-16.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcats05
12-13-2022
Hillcrest 55 - Republic 77
Parkview 42 - Nixa 44
Central 63 - Carthage 55
Glendale 50 - Bolivar 70

Last edited:
Question seen Glendale is going to California to play? Seen it in the Ozark Basketball Preview

Yes, the San Pedro (Long Beach area) Pirate Shootout. Four games like Blue & Gold. Costing $15,000 to go.

We've done some traveling over the years. New York City during my senior year in 1999, Miami in 2016, and now California. Then, we played Anchorage, AK West at the William Jewell tournament in 1994.

I guess all of my complaining about how poorly we've done in the Blue & Gold recently made the powers that be to change things up. At least we'll be in the Blue & Gold when Amare Witham is a senior.

Last edited:
Yes, the San Pedro (Long Beach area) Pirate Shootout. Four games like Blue & Gold. Costing $15,000 to go.

We've done some traveling over the years. New York City during my senior year in 1999, Miami in 2016, and now California. Then, we played Anchorage, AK West at the William Jewell tournament in 1994.

I guess all of my complaining about how poorly we've done in the Blue & Gold recently made the powers that be to change things up. At least we'll be in the Blue & Gold when Amare Witham is a senior.
Too bad he’ll be somewhere else.

Your a 99 grad so you played with Blake Will

I knew Glendale had did some traveling like the New York in 99 didn’t know about the other long hauls

12-17-2022
Glendale 41 - Springdale, AR 57
Kickapoo 58 - St. Louis C.B.C. 45
Parkview 60 - Carthage 50

12-20-2022
Glendale 55 - South Gate, CA Legacy 46
Kickapoo 61 - Ozark 32
Central 59 - Nixa 70
Parkview 68 - Joplin 67

Kickapoo and Nixa both seem really good again this year, shocker. Seems Parkview is getting things figured out with wins against Joplin and Carthage.

12-21-2022
Glendale 64 - Los Angeles, CA Eagle Rock 55
What size are these schools that Glendale is playing in CA? Not doubting that Glendale is talented or anything, but they’re probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in Springfield at best right now and probably not even top 5 in the immediate Springfield area with the suburbs and what not, so makes me wonder if the talent level in this tournament is very mediocre?

I would rate Glendale 4th out of 5 in Springfield...only better than Hillcrest

What size are these schools that Glendale is playing in CA? Not doubting that Glendale is talented or anything, but they’re probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in Springfield at best right now and probably not even top 5 in the immediate Springfield area with the suburbs and what not, so makes me wonder if the talent level in this tournament is very mediocre?

Eagle Rock's enrollment was 2,291 in '18-'19. STEAM Legacy is at 642. Glendale's opponent tonight, the host school, San Pedro had an enrollment of 2,549 in '19-'20.

If you throw in Greenwood and Spfd Catholic….Glendale is the 6th best school inside the city limits of Spfd

Not yet

12-23-2022
Glendale(7-3) 66 - Palos Verdes Sea Kings(10-3) 65
- PV made a three-pointer with 0.9 seconds left to take the lead at 65-64, but Glendale made a shot off a full-court pass (Cole Feuerbacher to Payton Norris) to win 66-65.

Here's the PV three...looks like Aware Witham throws the ball at the end, that could've been a 'T'

Last edited:
Not according to the guys in the stripped shirts and they're the only ones that count. Clock doesn't start til the ball touches his hands and after it leaves his hands it doesn't matter what the clock says.

Poo has their best player transfer out and they are still the best team in SWMO. They are killing decent teams.
Kickapoo better do a lot of winning this year. I think you’ll see Kickapoo really start to fall off after this year. There isn’t alot of young talent coming either. They’ll return Jackson Shorter who is a stud, but he won’t have much help.

Kickapoo will be fine. They will have some transfers that will keep the program going.

I've heard for 27 years how Kickapoo will "fall off" or "be down"...it's never really happened. Since they took control of SPS in '94-'95 in boys' basketball, they've been the team to beat at least 20 out of the last 29 seasons.

I'd look to their (highly questionable) connection to Robert Yanders AAU unit for future prospects. I'm sure they'll be just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT