ADVERTISEMENT

121st season of Springfield Public Schools basketball...

Not yet

12-23-2022
Glendale(7-3) 66 - Palos Verdes Sea Kings(10-3) 65
- PV made a three-pointer with 0.9 seconds left to take the lead at 65-64, but Glendale made a shot off a full-court pass (Cole Feuerbacher to Payton Norris) to win 66-65.

Here's the PV three...looks like Aware Witham throws the ball at the end, that could've been a 'T'
There was a referee standing under the goal, which is the direction the ball was thrown. I wasn’t there but it’s possible he was throwing the ball to the referee.

I've heard for 27 years how Kickapoo will "fall off" or "be down"...it's never really happened. Since they took control of SPS in '94-'95 in boys' basketball, they've been the team to beat at least 20 out of the last 29 seasons.

I'd look to their (highly questionable) connection to Robert Yanders AAU unit for future prospects. I'm sure they'll be just fine.
Sure they’re the team to beat in the Ozark conference which is pretty average in basketball outside of Kickapoo. I don’t think yanders has any special feelings towards Kickapoo now that brookshire gone.

Kickapoo will play second fiddle to Nixa most years moving forward. Nixa has loads of talent coming in the younger ages as does republic, Ozark, and rogersville. Also, when open enrollment passes in the state just watch how fast the exodus from Springfield schools to Nixa, Rogersville, Willard, republic, and Ozark will be.

Last edited:
Sure they’re the team to beat in the Ozark conference which is pretty average in basketball outside of Kickapoo. I don’t think yanders has any special feelings towards Kickapoo now that brookshire gone.

Kickapoo will play second fiddle to Nixa most years moving forward. Nixa has loads of talent coming in the younger ages as does republic, Ozark, and rogersville. Also, when open enrollment passes in the state just watch how fast the exodus from Springfield schools to Nixa, Rogersville, Willard, republic, and Ozark will be.
We'll see....

When there's video footage of a coach hitting a player and the proper people are informed of this, is it usual for the coach to be disciplined without the public being informed?

Yes. It’s a Human Resources issue. If it becomes a criminal investigation and it is fully adjudicated the investigation would be public record

When there's video footage of a coach hitting a player and the proper people are informed of this, is it usual for the coach to be disciplined without the public being informed?

I literally have no idea what you’re referring to, but ….

What school district is going self report bad news lol? There isn’t a district alive that would invite scrutiny or accountability from the public.

However … The question you should be asking, assuming such a thing happened, is why the local media hasn’t taken it up. Theres nothing preventing local media from reporting it, and sharing the video — assuming such a thing exists.

They could view the video, share the video, report on the contents in the video and interview the parties involved, including bystanders, etc.

The coach and the district probably wouldn’t give a comment. But the local media could interview the players and the parents of the players involved.

Of course, this is 2022 and most media members these days are PR agents of whatever school(s) they cover.

The days of Steve Koehler and Scott Puryear are over. I don’t think the OZone has done anything but puff pieces since it started and the NewsLeader would probably close the doors before they reported anything the district disapproved of.

Last edited:
I literally have no idea what you’re referring to, but ….

What school district is going self report bad news lol? There isn’t a district alive that would invite scrutiny or accountability from the public.

However … The question you should be asking, assuming such a thing happened, is why the local media hasn’t taken it up. Theres nothing preventing local media from reporting it, and sharing the video — assuming such a thing exists.

They could view the video, share the video, report on the contents in the video and interview the parties involved, including bystanders, etc.

The coach and the district probably wouldn’t give a comment. But the local media could interview the players and the parents of the players involved.

Of course, this is 2022 and most media members these days are PR agents of whatever school(s) they cover.

The days of Steve Koehler and Scott Puryear are over. I don’t think the OZone has done anything but puff pieces since it started and the NewsLeader would probably close the doors before they reported anything the district disapproved of.

2:17 left in the first quarter
https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/broadcast/embed/487381

I could see the coach bring told not to do that again but nothing that the public would need to know about.

I could see the coach bring told not to do that again but nothing that the public would need to know about.

This day and age....that was a strike in anger and could've hurt the kid...I just feel like ANY physical contact is UNACCEPTABLE today.

12-28-2022
Hillcrest 97 - Camdenton 95 Double-Overtime! New Blue & Gold record for most points scored in a single game

Parkview 79 - Marshfield 47

1-6-2023
Glendale 64 - Rolla 61
Kickapoo 63 - Camdenton 40
Central 76 - West Plains 51
Hillcrest 73 - Lebanon 53

Last edited:
Kickapoo better do a lot of winning this year. I think you’ll see Kickapoo really start to fall off after this year. There isn’t alot of young talent coming either. They’ll return Jackson Shorter who is a stud, but he won’t have much help.
Kickapoo will be fine. They have 4 studs that are in class of 2026.

Reactions: MizzouMan96
Kickapoo better do a lot of winning this year. I think you’ll see Kickapoo really start to fall off after this year. There isn’t alot of young talent coming either. They’ll return Jackson Shorter who is a stud, but he won’t have much help.
Never fear. They will continue to be loaded. They will get some unexpected "move ins" Its amazing how it always seems to happen.

Never fear. They will continue to be loaded. They will get some unexpected "move ins" Its amazing how it always seems to happen.
Kickapoo has a freshman class that is legitimately awesome. A lot of kids who will shuttle between JV and Varsity this year before moving up full time. Please remember the name Reese Kimrey.

Reactions: Ru-B-Do
Kickapoo has a freshman class that is legitimately awesome. A lot of kids who will shuttle between JV and Varsity this year before moving up full time. Please remember the name Reese Kimrey.
Reese Kimrey, Brock Thompson, Brayden Rubidoux and Vincent Mhire. All 4 freshman at Kickapoo and will really make an impact the next few years.

Those kids are not GameChangers. They may turn into game changers but they aren’t now.
I do agree with you for the varsity level but I would say that at the level they are in now (freshman & JV) they are game changers. Reese and Brock are both walking Double Doubles and Brayden is shooting 50% from deep for the season. All averaging double digits this season and very unselfish players. They do still need some growth and game maturity for the varsity level, but that will come over the next couple of years. Only time will tell, but they should be a top team in the area their Junior and Senior season.

On a side note, my opinion is bias because one of them is my kid. Lol…

Reactions: tbrown34
I do agree with you for the varsity level but I would say that at the level they are in now (freshman & JV) they are game changers. Reese and Brock are both walking Double Doubles and Brayden is shooting 50% from deep for the season. All averaging double digits this season and very unselfish players. They do still need some growth and game maturity for the varsity level, but that will come over the next couple of years. Only time will tell, but they should be a top team in the area their Junior and Senior season.

On a side note, my opinion is bias because one of them is my kid. Lol…
Do those four play in all varsity games? TOC and other tourneys?

1-17-2023
Glendale 76 - Wichita North 52
Central 74 - Hillcrest 58
Parkview 46 - Lebanon 45
Kickapoo 65 - Waynesville 29

1-20-2023
Glendale 64 - Shawnee, KS Mill Valley 65
Parkview 63 - Shawnee Mission, KS Bishop Miege 68
Hillcrest 54 - Logan-Rogersville 58

Last edited:
1-21-2023
Parkview 68 - Emporia, KS 65 2OT