ADVERTISEMENT

23-24 SPS Boys Basketball Season

Was hoping someone would talk about the Central game.
Central went on a 17-0 to start the game. I think they led by as much as 18 in the first half as Rolla tried to survive the onslaught of 3’s. Rolla tried to play a zone and Central made them pay. Rolla switched to a man and did much better.

Central doubled Ethan Brown in the backcourt to get the ball out of his hands. But Rolla responded by hitting shots or getting it back to him and Central couldn’t stay in front of him. He got leg cramps midway through Q4 and lasted for the rest of game. Brown was scoreless in 1st OT as his Rolla teammates responded with him slowed with cramps. He had 7 in 2nd OT. He shot 2 FTs in final overtime flat footed to avoid raising up on his toes.

Rolla never had the lead until under final 2 minutes in 2OT. At 99-98.

Huge, gritty win for Rolla. They knocked down FTs as well.

End of Q1, Rolla trailed 13-30
Half: 38-52
End of Q3: 57-68
End of Regulation 85-85
1st OT: 96-96
2nd OT: 104-102

Reactions: AC100 and Arcola
Central’s second best player was suspended, and they only have 5 that can play at all. He may be out for the rest of season. If so, Kickapoo rolls to district win.
Wow. What a way to ruin a rare great season for Central in a major sport.

That loss to Rolla cost Central the outright Ozark Conference title I think.
They beat Poo but now with that loss they will have to share the conference title with the Chiefs probably.
They are the city champs though and that hasn’t happened in quite awhile I don’t believe

There is a video on X of Witham in the girls locker room chasing and I would say shoving a girl and her telling him to stop.

• Wow
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
The margin in that Hillcrest Rolla game is unexpected
Not a good outing by the Bulldogs for sure. Didn’t shoot well. Struggled to play D. Hillcrest shot well from deep as well as attacked the basket.

There is a video on X of Witham in the girls locker room chasing and I would say shoving a girl and her telling him to stop.

Not at Glendale HS or any SPS facility. It's a private matter. Let's leave it alone. None of us know the facts of what's happening in the alleged video, which has been taken down by the way.

Last Ever Ozark Conference Boys Basketball Game
February 27th, 2024
Glendale(16-10, 6-4) 77 - Camdenton 66
- Glendale finishes its 61-year run in the Ozark Conference with a league-best 383 victories.
- Glendale is second in winning percentage (.67%) and second in most titles won (17).

Last edited:
February 29th
Glendale 66 - Republic 63

Kickapoo 75 - Joplin 23

Central 90 - Neosho 54
Parkview 62 - McDonald County 43

Hillcrest 73 - Branson 62

Last edited:
March 2nd
Glendale 62 - Central 80
- Ta'Veaion Washington became the 15th player in Glendale history to pass 1,000 career points

Hillcrest 78 - Rolla 69

Parkview 72 - Willard 61
Kickapoo 54 - Nixa 44

Last edited:
Reactions: da bears 25
Why they voted to have Glendale hosts districts is beyond me. It has to be one of the worst large school facilities in the State.

I think SPS is playing games with people like me bitching about Glendale needing a new gym. One of the arguments people like myself have made is that Glendale has twice lost the ability to host when it was our time (2012 games were played at Drury & 2017 games were played at HSC). So, I think the powers that be with SPS made sure Glendale hosted all the games to shut up people like me. They don't want to do anything about Glendale's gym (Yes, the bathrooms were remodeled and we got new bleachers), but that's like putting lipstick on a pig. I was at the Master Facilities Task Force Tour of Glendale the summer before last and this one member said "I wouldn't have any problem sending my kid to this school"...so Glendale's wants/needs weren't considered on the last bond. I hope in 2027 (or 2028) a new Glendale gym will be a part of the Bond. We'll need 57% of the voters to support it.

Was at the game. The conduct of Glendale’s players was awful. The coach should have put Witham on the bench and left him there.

Reactions: Ru-B-Do
March 5th
Central 57 - Kickapoo 54
Parkview 58 - Hillcrest 53

I know you'll feel differently as a Glendale guy but I'm happy to see two northside schools---Central and Parkview, come away with district titles. Great for those schools to have some athletic success.

I know you'll feel differently as a Glendale guy but I'm happy to see two northside schools---Central and Parkview, come away with district titles. Great for those schools to have some athletic success.

I'd be overjoyed for those teams if wasn't for all of Glendale's choking and not living up to expectations for DECADES!!!! in post-season play. I'm sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
March 9th
Parkview 57 - Jefferson City 58 OT
Central 58 - Rockhurst 48
- First 'Final Four' for Central since 1963

March 15th
Central 59 - Cardinal Ritter 70

March 16th
Central 72 - Oak Park 60

Another SPS season is over

1902-2024

Senior/Central (1902-2024)
1,567-1,198 (.57%)

Parkview (1956-2024)
1,131-667 (.63%)

Glendale (1963-2024)
1,093-516 (.68%)

Kickapoo (1971-2024)
1,031-439 (.70%)

Hillcrest (1958-2024)
934-780 (.55%)

Was at the game. The conduct of Glendale’s players was awful. The coach should have put Witham on the bench and left him there.
You mean that McTague didn't hold them to a high standard.. and Glendales players didn't respect the game... Color Me Shocked.... Sad that its been allowed to go on for so long like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT