ADVERTISEMENT

Ty Williams injury in Webb City Game

quadzilla200

Feb 21, 2020
I just happened to read this in the local paper. Wow!
The US Naval Academy should get ahold of this kid. Sounds like a future Marine or Seal.

The Grain Valley High School running back, who finished his senior season with 2,485 rushing yards and 33 rushing touchdowns, had taken a helmet to the chest late in the second quarter of the Eagles’ 49-35 Class 5 state quarterfinal loss to Webb City and found himself in the unfamiliar position of sitting on the sidelines – literally sitting in that unfamiliar position while pain ravaged his body.

Williams later found out that helmet-to-chest hit broke two ribs, bruised three others and bruised his spleen.

So, what did this heart-andsoul player do in his final game in a Grain Valley uniform?

“He missed one play and went back out on the field,” said Eagles coach David Allie, who did everything but handcuff Williams to a bench to keep him from returning to action.

“He’s on our sidelines, having trouble breathing – he’s gasping for air and tears are coming down his face – and I said, ‘You’re done.’ Somehow he got back up on his feet and returned to the game.”

With all those injuries, Williams carried the ball 22 times for 174 yards and a touchdown, along with a 40-yard return in the second half that set up an Eagles score.

Real tough kid. You could see he was hurting bad and he was still out there. Good luck at the next level.

Reactions: I2R I
If I’m correct, the play he was hurt on he didn’t even have the ball. He was carrying out a fake and got form tackled. As I stated before. Respect.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Best running back I've seen in years. I think I said it on the game thread but the young man was a warrior. Wish I could have seen more games live with him playing. He was a joy to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: Rawlathaballa90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT