ADVERTISEMENT

Grain Valley @ Webb City

cardsfan200306

Nov 4, 2022
I think this is going to be a real good game, Can I see it it being a 3 td victory for both sides absolutely its HS Football and both are really good teams where if one is not there giving it their all then its lop sided.

Webb got a big boost getting one of their top 2 RB's back Their offense depends on a lot of motion, confusion, and misdirection. They will be playing a team where the Defense has been their biggest question mark of the season. That defense had grown a lot and it showed in the 1st half last week shutting out a very good Platte County Spread offense. It goes without saying but Webb is a different beast on Offense and the GV defense will have to step it up and get a few stops for their team to have a chance. On defense Webb hasn't given up more than 28 points in a game all year and they are going to have to keep up that trend. They face a team that can attack in many different ways and has 2 big and fast RB's, A QB with a great arm and good speed. The WR Corp last week dropped multiple passes that would have changed the score and tune of the game. They have to step it up this week and catch the passes that hit their hands. Another item from last week that was glaring is that GV hasn't had to play 4 quarters in a long time and it showed. I have always been an advocate of not running up the score and getting young guys playing time but last week has my opinion wavering. GV has to come ready to play 4 quarters or it gets ugly in the 2nd half.

Final thoughts on outcome I want GV to win obviously but they have to play all 4 quarters, If Webb starts slow as they have done in several games this year GV has to jump all over that and build a lead.
If both teams show up and show out I can see the winner being the team who scores last. If one team comes out and doesn't play every play of the game, then we have a 3 td win going the opposite way.

Prediction: I will not predict the winner I will say this If there is a 2+ turnover advantage that team wins. Other than that this game is wide open for who is more disciplined and more hungry.

I know there will be a few members of this board in attendance. I hope everyone has a good week, safe travels and say hello if you want to I'm a real friendly guy even if I don't look it.

Last edited:
The last 2 games they have not used any motion. That was a regular season thing i guess. Defin. working better without it. Good thing is d has been attacking legs and i think that is a much needed area for this williams.

Reactions: cardsfan200306
I think this is going to be a real good game, Can I see it it being a 3 td victory for both sides absolutely its HS Football and both are really good teams where if one is not there giving it their all then its lop sided.

Webb got a big boost getting one of their top 2 RB's back Their offense depends on a lot of motion, confusion, and misdirection. They will be playing a team where the Defense has been their biggest question mark of the season. That defense had grown a lot and it showed in the 1st half last week shutting out a very good Platte County Spread offense. It goes without saying but Webb is a different beast on Offense and the GV defense will have to step it up and get a few stops for their team to have a chance. On defense Webb hasn't given up more than 28 points in a game all year and they are going to have to keep up that trend. They face a team that can attack in many different ways and has 2 big and fast RB's, A QB with a great arm and good speed. The WR Corp last week dropped multiple passes that would have changed the score and tune of the game. They have to step it up this week and catch the passes that hit their hands. Another item from last week that was glaring is that GV hasn't had to play 4 quarters in a long time and it showed. I have always been an advocate of not running up the score and getting young guys playing time but last week has my opinion wavering. GV has to come ready to play 4 quarters or it gets ugly in the 2nd half.

Final thoughts on outcome I want GV to win obviously but they have to play all 4 quarters, If Webb starts slow as they have done in several games this year GV has to jump all over that and build a lead.
If both teams show up and show out I can see the winner being the team who scores last. If one team comes out and doesn't play every play of the game, then we have a 3 td win going the opposite way.

Prediction: I will not predict the winner I will say this If there is a 2+ turnover advantage that team wins. Other than that this game is wide open for who is more disciplined and more hungry.

I know there will be a few members of this board in attendance. I hope everyone has a good week, safe travels and say hello if you want to I'm a real friendly guy even if I don't look it.
Have just watched GV Highlights but Ty looks to be a load.
Webbs Schedule is much tougher than Grain Valley imo, Good chance Grain Valley would have 3-4 losses in COC

My gut tells me Webb rolls Friday Night

Have just watched GV Highlights but Ty looks to be a load.
Webbs Schedule is much tougher than Grain Valley imo, Good chance Grain Valley would have 3-4 losses in COC

My gut tells me Webb rolls Friday Night
1 Yes Ty is a load and is going to open up eyes to those who haven't seen him play.

2 yes webbs schedule does look tougher but GV didn't play nobodies all year and their only loss is to a pretty damn good class 6 team which is still playing despite half this board picking them 2 lose the last 2 weeks and it was by 1 point.

3 GV could have 3 to 4 losses on webbs schedule or be undefeated depending on a few factors.

4 don't let last week fool you that was not a normal GV performance and I chalk it up to playing nobodies for last 6 weeks. They should be course corrected and tough to beat. Gonna be a heck of a game imo.

Maybe the longest non-prediction of a prediction piece that I've read.

I watched Neosho at WC. They were trying to run shifts, motions, were apprehensive at best and confused at times. Play clock would wind down, false start and procedure penalties committed, and timeouts were forced to be used. A talented but still lesser Neosho team was within 2 in the 4 quarter.

I wanted to head to Nixa for the Joplin game Friday night but it didn't work out (thankfully didn't miss much) so went over to WC again to watch what I thought would be a hard fought revenge win for them. Wrong. WC looked totally different. No shifts or motion. They were not cute. They just lined up on both sides of the ball and were easily the most physical team all night. Defense looked like they were playing with 12 men and offense was focused and fast. I gave what I thought was an honest but not demeaning review several weeks ago and the Cardinal faithful didn't like it. I will say now the Cards looked coached up and will give their staff all the kudos. I don't buy into GV having a weak schedule and believe they have a very good team. However, WC plays like that again and they win again by 2 maybe 3 td's. WC 28-14.

And if I miss my prediction, it won't be the first time. Safe travels to the Eagles, their fans and looking forward to a good game.

Both teams seem pretty damn even to me. Webb City lost to Nixa by 7, a Class 6 team still in the playoffs. Grain Valley lost to Oak Park by 1, a Class 6 team still in the playoffs (Nixa and Oak Park, ironically, are the only 2 undefeated teams left in Class 6 right now). Grain Valley knocked off Class 5 state ranked Platte County; Webb City knocked off Class 5 state ranked Republic.

WC can pass but is mostly a running team - but they have 4 elite runners - 3 (Johnson), 19 (Elwell), 20 (Jackson) 37 (Durman). GV has a better passing QB who can also leg it and has a bowling ball of a smash-mouth runner who also possesses elite speed.

WC's defense is their strength - their speed on defense is out of this world. GV's defense is no slouch either, and both have high turnover rates in terms of sacks, INTs and fumble recoveries.

I've said all year GV will play Ritter in the Class 5 finals. But that was when WC had #3 and #20 out with injuries. With those runners back, I say this game is even. Plus playing at Cardinal Stadium is an advantage. Not always - Ladue beat WC at home, and so did Platte County a few years back - but it's not easy.

I'm gonna say this game is about as even as even can be.

And that's a GREAT thing. Can't wait for Friday night!!!

EDIT: Got Platte County's scheduled mixed up with Grain Valley!

Last edited:
I've said all year GV will play Ritter in the Class 5 finals. But that was when WC had #3 and #20 out with injuries. With those runners back, I say this game is even. Plus playing at Cardinal Stadium is an advantage. Not always - Ladue beat WC at home, and so did Platte County a few years back - but it's not easy.
Harrisonville won there as well on their way to beating Kearney at state.

Both teams seem pretty damn even to me. Webb City lost to Nixa by 7, a Class 6 team still in the playoffs. Grain Valley lost to Oak Park by 1, a Class 6 team still in the playoffs (Nixa and Oak Park, ironically, are the only 2 undefeated teams left in Class 6 right now). Grain Valley knocked off Class 5 state ranked Platte County; Webb City knocked off Class 5 state ranked Republic. Grain Valley played more Class 4 teams but they were elite Class 4 teams (Kearney and Smithville).

WC can pass but is mostly a running team - but they have 4 elite runners - 3 (Johnson), 19 (Elwell), 20 (Jackson) 37 (Durman). GV has a better passing QB who can also leg it and has a bowling ball of a smash-mouth runner who also possesses elite speed.

WC's defense is their strength - their speed on defense is out of this world. GV's defense is no slouch either, and both have high turnover rates in terms of sacks, INTs and fumble recoveries.

I'm gonna say this game is about as even as even can be.

And that's a GREAT thing. Can't wait for Friday night!!!
Like the post but I’m not seeing Hot Moms or Smithville on the GV Schedule??

• Love
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Like the post but I’m not seeing Hot Moms or Smithville on the GV Schedule??
Accurate and GV actually played 1 class 4 team. Regardless he makes several good accurate statements as well. I just can't imagine this board with a GV victory so many pro webbies.

Fort O good class 5
Grandview with the ineligible kid class 4
Oak park good class 6
Platte County good class 5 team
Blue Springs South better than their record class 6
Belton bad class 5
Hickman bad class 6
William Chrisman bad class 5
Raytown bad class 5

William Chrisman bad class 5
Platte County good class 5

Reactions: Flint222 and I2R I
Oops, my bad - I got Platte County's schedule mixed up with Grain Valley. Let me edit my above post.

Reactions: I2R I
Should be a good one, but I like Webb to win by a couple scores. I think GV has to win the TO battle to have a chance. If they do that then it’s anyone’s game.

The COC...it just means more. Webb rolls 35-17.
I'd be careful about assuming the SWMO conferences are tougher.
I'm not sure how the game will go because frankly I haven't paid much attention to these two teams .
I do know that GV plays some heavyweights and there is good football played in most areas of the state.

They key is the elite WC runners and offense. GV likely not going to handle that.
22b67760-21c1-403f-9d75-6c3ff2d77bd5_text.gif
5d952137-a4d5-416d-8e4b-43e028bd40ad_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT