ADVERTISEMENT

Last Season for St. Mary's... They will be closing at the end of the season

That was before they moved them up.

Now the bigger schools have to deal with them.

Let's see how this works out.

I have hope the "success factor" will eventually work itself out as far as privates playing comparable competition in the playoffs. I do think publics should also play by the same rules though.

I have hope the "success factor" will eventually work itself out as far as privates playing comparable competition in the playoffs. I do think publics should also play by the same rules though.
Problem is you get 'classes' come through small public schools where they'll win big a couple years then drop off.
Private schools just reload.

Speaking of that, I see valle only has 6 freshman listed on their mshsaa roster. Is that legit?

Reactions: 65TPT
Is Francis Howell actually good? Or just GAC football good?
They beat Troy, beat LN, they are good in my opinion. I am not sure if they are as good as years past, but very good. They will roll through their district.

They beat Troy, beat LN, they are good in my opinion. I am not sure if they are as good as years past, but very good. They will roll through their district.
Yeah, that district is pretty weak. Interested to see what they do when they get out of the hwy 94 area. C5 is down all over, so might be a year a GAC school can get something done.

Yeah, that district is pretty weak. Interested to see what they do when they get out of the hwy 94 area. C5 is down all over, so might be a year a GAC school can get something done.
MICDS vs FH in the finals??? Fingers crossed.

I know you can't compare scores, but I struggle trying to figure out just how good these teams are. Hannibal plays Troy and Helias tough, but then struggles against JC a little bit. Troy plays FH tough. BO beats LN worse than FH. Helias loses to Rock Bridge, who were 30 seconds from losing to Cap City. I have not seen Helias play live, but I would not consider Rock Bridge, Cap City or JC contenders. So I'm trying to wrap my head around how good Hannibal, Troy, Helias and FH really are. Are they hyped from what they did last year or are they actually contenders? One of the joys of HS Football

I know you can't compare scores, but I struggle trying to figure out just how good these teams are. Hannibal plays Troy and Helias tough, but then struggles against JC a little bit. Troy plays FH tough. BO beats LN worse than FH. Helias loses to Rock Bridge, who were 30 seconds from losing to Cap City. I have not seen Helias play live, but I would not consider Rock Bridge, Cap City or JC contenders. So I'm trying to wrap my head around how good Hannibal, Troy, Helias and FH really are. Are they hyped from what they did last year or are they actually contenders? One of the joys of HS Football
FH played at LN, and that is just a tough weird place to play in North St Louis. So i don't put a lot of stock in the BO LN FH compare. if BO played at LN beat them like that i would give that comparison more weight.

All schools recruit. Why do you think they have youth leagues all over the state, Just to build “feeder programs” 😂😂

Like those kids that play from a neighboring school that doesn’t have football but magically end up in said school.

All schools recruit. Why do you think they have youth leagues all over the state, Just to build “feeder programs” 😂😂

Like those kids that play from a neighboring school that doesn’t have football but magically end up in said school.
Not all schools recruit. That's ridiculous.
Private schools? Yes. It's a requirement to stay open.
Public schools? Some maybe. I'd say less than 10%.

Quit trying to make it seem ok.

Problem is you get 'classes' come through small public schools where they'll win big a couple years then drop off.
Private schools just reload.

Speaking of that, I see valle only has 6 freshman listed on their mshsaa roster. Is that legit?

Who just reloads? St. Mary’s wasn’t always good, neither was CBC. Where has Rockhurst been?

Public schools have just reloaded as well. Lamar, Webb City, Jefferson City was great for like 20+ years.

Again, if it is a public school, at least the parents need to either own property or move. If you want to go to St. Pius and live in Lathrop...you can go to St. Pius...

This distinction eliminates the B.S. "all schools recruit" argument. NOT with the same playing field. Period. End of story. It is what it is...but spare us all the sophistry of a fake argument about "everyone does it." It is horse Shiiiii

Not all schools recruit. That's ridiculous.
Private schools? Yes. It's a requirement to stay open.
Public schools? Some maybe. I'd say less than 10%.

Quit trying to make it seem ok.
Less than 10% is joke.

For example. Every Columbia HS Kids. It just doesn’t look as bad because they are all in the same district.

Rural schools recruit neighboring districts that don’t have football through feeder programs.

You can sit here and pretend it’s not happening but it is. It’s why there are very few public schools pushing to separate it. They know.

Cool you have 1 example and Webb is the counter argument
check out the playoff brackets from the past. Always some private schools up there

And you talking about a school with less than 150 versus a class 5. Tiny bit of difference when it comes to material to work with .

Or there should be at least.

Less than 10% is joke.

For example. Every Columbia HS Kids. It just doesn’t look as bad because they are all in the same district.

Rural schools recruit neighboring districts that don’t have football through feeder programs.

You can sit here and pretend it’s not happening but it is. It’s why there are very few public schools pushing to separate it. They know.
Maybe you should report all this rule breaking.

You're wrong about the rural schools I know of. Even if a kid comes from a town that doesn't have football to play little league they haven't gone to school at SchoolX and never played football anywhere.

DMSU.

FH played at LN, and that is just a tough weird place to play in North St Louis. So i don't put a lot of stock in the BO LN FH compare. if BO played at LN beat them like that i would give that comparison more weight.
So FH can't go on the road to a tough destination?

That tends to limit things.

So FH can't go on the road to a tough destination?

That tends to limit things.
are you actually retarded? LN played at BO, FH played at LN, if BO played at LN and their scores were the same as at BO, then a compare would hold more weight to me.

are you actually retarded? LN played at BO, FH played at LN, if BO played at LN and their scores were the same as at BO, then a compare would hold more weight to me.
BO is class 2 not class 5. Shouldn't have mattered where FH played them if they were 'legit'.

You think going to webb is a walk in the park?

BO is class 2 not class 5. Shouldn't have mattered where FH played them if they were 'legit'.

You think going to webb is a walk in the park?
No i don't, but that isn't anything I said.

I said comparing scores between 3 schools who didn't play at same place don't hold the same amount of weight to me.

Next time just say, yes, I'm functionally retarded.

No i don't, but that isn't anything I said.

I said comparing scores between 3 schools who didn't play at same place don't hold the same amount of weight to me.

Next time just say, yes, I'm functionally retarded.
You're trying to hype a class 5 team for barely beating a team that a class 2 team smoked.

StL public schools are meh at best. Because private schools take most of the talent . That's the only reason they win.

keep trying.

Who just reloads? St. Mary’s wasn’t always good, neither was CBC. Where has Rockhurst been?

Public schools have just reloaded as well. Lamar, Webb City, Jefferson City was great for like 20+ years.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the last 8 years, only 3 public STL schools have played in a state title game. but in the 23 years prior they were represented 22 times. In class 6 in the last 8 years they've had 1 team play for one. Prior to that they had a school in the title game for 9 of the 12 years Class 6 was around. I'm not sure how you can't see the trend. There's no way you can realistically sit here and argue that publics recruit the same as privates.

You're trying to hype a class 5 team for barely beating a team that a class 2 team smoked.

StL public schools are meh at best. Because private schools take most of the talent . That's the only reason they win.

keep trying.
Hype? Nah, I just stated FH has good chance to win C5. you felt like I disparaged SWMO and I didn’t mean hurt your feelings.

Less than 10% is joke.

I'm almost certain they have district lines for Columbia. A kid can't live in Hickman's district and go to Rock Bridge. I could be wrong, but almost certain it's that way.

Hannibal did not play well against Helias. Too many mistakes on defense and offense wasn't clicking. I think Helias is a good team, Hannibal beats them easliy if they would play again. Again, Hannibal played a bad first half against Troy. They gave up a punt return TD, which they had their offense out there, so they have five OL trying to cover a punt. Two easily seen penalties on that play that were not called. That being said, Troy is a good team. Their QB is a legit threat to score at any time. Hannibal will most likely play JC again for the district championship. I don't see that one being close at all.

Hype? Nah, I just stated FH has good chance to win C5. you felt like I disparaged SWMO and I didn’t mean hurt your feelings.
Nothing to do with SWMO.

It's all about StL folks not facing reality.

if you don't combine all your talent on all star teams you can't beat anybody.

heck sometimes you do that and still can't win.

Hannibal did not play well against Helias. Too many mistakes on defense and offense wasn't clicking. I think Helias is a good team, Hannibal beats them easliy if they would play again. Again, Hannibal played a bad first half against Troy. They gave up a punt return TD, which they had their offense out there, so they have five OL trying to cover a punt. Two easily seen penalties on that play that were not called. That being said, Troy is a good team. Their QB is a legit threat to score at any time. Hannibal will most likely play JC again for the district championship. I don't see that one being close at all.
I agree that I don't see it being close with JC. I have seen them a couple of times and have not been impressed, which is why I was shocked that they played close the first game. Cap City and Helias play tonight, so that may give me more of a read on Helias. If they struggle with them, then I don't see them making much of a run.

Less than 10% is joke.

Again...moving there vs. living anywhere distinction. It is NOT the same playing field...EVEN if public schools are "recruiting." You have to have an address there. Not so with privates. The argument that "publics recruit" is horse dung. Does JRod patrol the youth games in Carthage and CJ, and Joplin and hand out cards? LOL.... You can bet your ass the privates are all up youth football teams in the KC area and STL

• Wow
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Again...moving there vs. living anywhere distinction. It is NOT the same playing field...EVEN if public schools are "recruiting." You have to have an address there. Not so with privates. The argument that "publics recruit" is horse dung. Does JRod patrol the youth games in Carthage and CJ, and Joplin and hand out cards? LOL.... You can bet your ass the privates are all up youth football teams in the KC area and STL
WHOA! Did Joey just end this argument!?

Reactions: shoot90draw
St. Louis county has 44 zip codes so the county is well represented. If they do close won't the other private schools just get stronger vs the talent spreading out to public schools?
Camdenton has 14 zip codes in its school district alone. That's a public school.

SPX is making some major 'inroads' from what I hear.

Rockhurst used to be at all the southland youth games.

Camdenton has 14 zip codes in its school district alone. That's a public school.
Lol. Maybe a half dozen. But land mass? They've gotta have the least density of any district in the state. Dist has to be as big as Rhode Island.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT