ADVERTISEMENT

Last Season for St. Mary's... They will be closing at the end of the season

That’s a bummer, that was a high quality school in south St. Louis. SLUH, CBC, DeSmet about to get way better
Maybe Lutheran South gets a few kids too…

Maybe Eliah will be brining his dump truck to recruit some of these kids #thisisbrutal

Not so fast. St Marys can open as a private Catholic school independent of the St Louis Archdiocese. They have many influential alumni. I guess the recession has hit the Vatican!! ;)

Reactions: HomeyR
well-bye.gif

St Marys demographics in today's STL Post;

Over half of the students are non Catholic.
90% receive financial aide.
22% are low income students.
Here is the article: https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...f8ace159e8.html#tracking-source=mp-in-article

ST. MARY’S

Address
: 4701 S. Grand Blvd.

Founded: 1931 as South Side Catholic High School. The name was changed to St. Mary’s in 1947.

Current enrollment: 222 (down from 271 last year). Freshman enrollment is 50.

Notable alumni: John Berner, professional soccer player; John Carenza, former professional soccer player; Joe Garagiola, former Major League Baseball player and broadcaster; Jacob Hummel, former state legislator; John McArthur, founder of Johnny Mac’s Sporting Goods; Rudi Roeslein, founder of Roeslein Alternative Energy; Francis Slay, former St. Louis mayor; Bishop Mark Rivituso, auxiliary bishop with Archdiocese of St. Louis.

Current student body represents 47 ZIP codes areas. Ninety percent of students receive financial aid; 28% live at or below the poverty line. More than half are not Catholic.

Source: Archdiocese of St

Here is the article: https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...f8ace159e8.html#tracking-source=mp-in-article

ST. MARY’S

Address
: 4701 S. Grand Blvd.

Founded: 1931 as South Side Catholic High School. The name was changed to St. Mary’s in 1947.

Current enrollment: 222 (down from 271 last year). Freshman enrollment is 50.

Notable alumni: John Berner, professional soccer player; John Carenza, former professional soccer player; Joe Garagiola, former Major League Baseball player and broadcaster; Jacob Hummel, former state legislator; John McArthur, founder of Johnny Mac’s Sporting Goods; Rudi Roeslein, founder of Roeslein Alternative Energy; Francis Slay, former St. Louis mayor; Bishop Mark Rivituso, auxiliary bishop with Archdiocese of St. Louis.

Current student body represents 47 ZIP codes areas. Ninety percent of students receive financial aid; 28% live at or below the poverty line. More than half are not Catholic.

Source: Archdiocese of St
47 zip codes.

Nothing to see here.

47 zip codes.

Nothing to see here.
Wow! They do tell us a few kids moving into Webb City’s school district with a coach, or crossing from Joplin is “tHe sAmE tHiNg” I wonder outside of class 6 would STL ever win anything in football without recruiting? It’s a legitimate question to ask. They already are barely .500 in recent years. Maybe I’m wrong, and it’s slightly more or less. But anyways, I’m sure excuses will come.

Wow! They do tell us a few kids moving into Webb City’s school district with a coach, or crossing from Joplin is “tHe sAmE tHiNg” I wonder outside of class 6 would STL ever win anything in football without recruiting? It’s a legitimate question to ask. They already are barely .500 in recent years. Maybe I’m wrong, and it’s slightly more or less. But anyways, I’m sure excuses will come.
Yes probably would, Francis Howell has a legit shot this year in C5.

Yes probably would, Francis Howell has a legit shot this year in C5.
Yes I’m sure it’s all on the up and up… (I have my doubts) Anyways, we will see when the dust settles. I will say though. I didn’t say STL can’t win a championship, I said without recruiting. Ofc they can, but without a massive advantage? Idk. But I also wouldn’t say it’s a major shot yet even still.

Yes I’m sure it’s all on the up and up… (I have my doubts) Anyways, we will see when the dust settles. I will say though. I didn’t say STL can’t win a championship, I said without recruiting. Ofc they can, but without a massive advantage? Idk. But I also wouldn’t say it’s a major shot yet even still.
This is literally the dumbest statement i have seen on this site and thats saying something. Francis Howell isn't recruiting, I suggest looking it up on the map.

This is literally the dumbest statement i have seen on this site and thats saying something. Francis Howell isn't recruiting, I suggest looking it up on the map.
StL private schools are doing a great job at getting MSHSAA to move to public-private playoffs

Nice work.

Reactions: 503_Maple
StL private schools are doing a great job at getting MSHSAA to move to public-private playoffs

Nice work.
what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I’ve ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. I award you no points.

what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I’ve ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. I award you no points.
You didn’t rebuttal anything. You merely stated an opinion’s about his observations. If that’s all you can do? There’s a post dispatch chat forum that’s nothing short of a circle jerk. You can go join that.

Heck Veer, the last time MSHSAA members voted to separate, it was something like 73% against.
I’m sure. That requires MSHSAA to do something, and doing something/anything is almost impossible. I was astonished they did anything like a success factor even for privates. He’s technically (unfortunately) most likely wrong about them being close to doing something resembling a private and public classifications. But it sure would make sense. But MSHSAA doesn’t do things like that.

You didn’t rebuttal anything. You merely stated an opinion’s about his observations. If that’s all you can do? There’s a post dispatch chat forum that’s nothing short of a circle jerk. You can go join that.
what is there to rebut, you think Francis Howell is recruiting. Veer moves the goal post and talks about public and private playoffs. All i said is there is a strong possibility FH wins C5, as a public school.

what is there to rebut, you think Francis Howell is recruiting. Veer moves the goal post and talks about public and private playoffs. All i said is there is a strong possibility FH wins C5, as a public school.
What goal post? Do you know what that means? It means in a conversation, someone moves the goal someone or something needs to accomplish. What does STL recruiting have to do with moving the goal posts when he says there should be separate classifications? Doesn’t make much sense to me. Im aware. What does that do to the topic of STL recruiting?

St. Louis county has 44 zip codes so the county is well represented. If they do close won't the other private schools just get stronger vs the talent spreading out to public schools?

What goal post? Do you know what that means? It means in a conversation, someone moves the goal someone or something needs to accomplish. What does STL recruiting have to do with moving the goal posts when he says there should be separate classifications? Doesn’t make much sense to me. Im aware. What does that do to the topic of STL recruiting?
The goal post is FH doesn't recruit and could win state, you said that was hard to believe, quoting my own post. Then Veer quoted my response about private having its own playoffs but mshssa won't let that happen, hes not even on topic, making a new argument (hence goal post move), to my rebuttal that FH could win C5 as a public, in a response to your silly post about no STL public can win a state championship with out recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT