ADVERTISEMENT

Bowling Green at Lamar

EB had some guys out apparently. Our defense is about as stout as it gets. Your offense runs really hard. It’s strength vs strength. We will see how it shakes out. Been wanting to see these two play since last year. If you need places to eat, or stay, or anything lmk. For anyone from BG for that matter
Who did they have out?

Sounds like the BG community is pretty wound up for this one, and they should be. They probably realize, like everyone else following C2, that they're the underdogs. But out of everyone left in the state, they probably match up with Lamar better than anyone else.

I'm excited for a multitude of reasons. It's a new matchup bringing literally the two opposite corners of the state together, it's two communities that probably didn't even know the other existed haha.

@NEMOFball mentioned he thought this BG team is as good as the one last year, well the one last year lost by 3 TDs to a team that Lamar nearly beat. Lamar is rightfully favored here, but I'm super excited for this one.
Yes sir
BO beat BG by 18
BO beat Lamar by 5

I think it is safe to say that at Lamar is a 13 point favorite Saturday vs Bowling Green.

Score prediction:
Lamar 48
BG 36

Yes sir
BO beat BG by 18
BO beat Lamar by 5

I think it is safe to say that at Lamar is a 13 point favorite Saturday vs Bowling Green.

Score prediction:
Lamar 48
BG 36
If BG scores 36 against us on Saturday we will be in a dog fight! Seneca scored 28 and that is the most we gave up all year! Can't wait, hopefully the weather warms up by Saturday!

I am tempted to make the drive to Lamar. This is going to be a good one!

I think BG has a legitimate chance to win, but how could you ever bet against Lamar?

I think Bowling Green will score a lot, can Lamar keep up? Can't wait to find out.
Lamar can't let BG get rolling early. Don't defer if you win the toss. Hope Lamar has a bunch of 2 pt plays, because that's what they will do every time and they have a very high conversion percentage. SS took a bunch of risks to somewhat stay in the game (trick plays, couple of onside kicks) because they got behind on possessions early. Avoid getting off schedule and Lamar can win a shootout.

Reactions: NEMOFball
If BG scores 36 against us on Saturday we will be in a dog fight! Seneca scored 28 and that is the most we gave up all year! Can't wait, hopefully the weather warms up by Saturday!
Don’t think we allow that many. This is just my opinion. I can be dead wrong. This isn’t a jab at BG. We typically take away, or limit the best player on the opposing team. I’m not saying Bryant isn’t a different animal. He is. His normal is like 250+ yards and 4+ TDs. A limited Bryant would be 60-120 yards and 1-2 TDs. That’s not going to be enough against Lamar unless that TE of BG goes off and we can’t stop him. I think BG has the big uglies to make this a game.

I think it’s low scoring for about 3 Qs. Then Lamar pulls ahead. Wins by around 7-12 points maybe more depending on game script, but like Cards said, if Lamar gets punched and doesn’t respond quick? It could be a negative game script.

Lamar doesn’t want to get in a shootout. They will sell out on watching film and doing what’s necessary to play off the strengths of this team which is Defense and a lot of the times? Special teams. If it’s BG can’t be stopped? Lamar better hope they can find every play in the playbook. But I’m not on the high scoring affair. As much as it would be nice for all spectators.

JUST MY OPINON. Could be 1,000 percent wrong here. To clarify.

Last edited:
Class 2 Playing Class 1 schedule/Lamar plays class 3/4 schedule that had 4 district champs in it. It will be a royal
Class 2 Playing Class 1 schedule/Lamar plays class 3/4 schedule that had 4 district champs in it. It will be a royal
Class 2 Playing Class 1 schedule/Lamar plays class 3/4 schedule that had 4 district champs in it. It will be a royal asskicking!
keep on thinking that . Foolish thinking but I guess your entitled to think that.

Class 2 Playing Class 1 schedule/Lamar plays class 3/4 schedule that had 4 district champs in it. It will be a royal asskicking!
Kansas City Royals Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Don’t think we allow that many. This is just my opinion. I can be dead wrong. This isn’t a jab at BG. We typically take away, or limit the best player on the opposing team. I’m not saying Bryant isn’t a different animal. He is. His normal is like 250+ yards and 4+ TDs. A limited Bryant would be 60-120 yards and 1-2 TDs. That’s not going to be enough against Lamar unless that TE of BG goes off and we can’t stop him. I think BG has the big uglies to make this a game.

I think it’s low scoring for about 3 Qs. Then Lamar pulls ahead. Wins by around 7-12 points maybe more depending on game script, but like Cards said, if Lamar gets punched and doesn’t respond quick? It could be a negative game script.

Lamar doesn’t want to get in a shootout. They will sell out on watching film and doing what’s necessary to play off the strengths of this team which is Defense and a lot of the times? Special teams. If it’s BG can’t be stopped? Lamar better hope they can find every play in the playbook. But I’m not on the high scoring affair. As much as it would be nice for all spectators.

JUST MY OPINON. Could be 1,000 percent wrong here. To clarify.
I can dig the confidence . The last two teams Bowling Green played were good teams with good defenses. They game planned to stop Bryant and BG basically ran Bryant right at them. He has had 78 Carries for 715 yards and 10 touchdowns in those two games, So good luck with that. Problem is they have several other options besides him, they haven’t really needed to do much else until someone stops that. Lamar might be that team, but they ain’t doing that playing straight up. So pick your poison

I can dig the confidence . The last two teams Bowling Green played were good teams with good defenses. They game planned to stop Bryant and BG basically ran Bryant right at them. He has had 78 Carries for 715 yards and 10 touchdowns in those two games, So good luck with that. Problem is they have several other options besides him, they haven’t really needed to do much else until someone stops that. Lamar might be that team, but they ain’t doing that playing straight up. So pick your poison
Bud, we stop/limit teams double our size on D. Lamar isn’t EB or Van Far or Mark Twain. Since you are going to act like way sir lol You are taking any positivity towards Lamar as a personal attack against BG. Never said he can be entirely stoped. It will be a good game. For how much you think others are cocky, you are coming off that way bud. He’s a stud, but this is by far the best defense BG has played. With a DC most schools would love to pry away.

Last edited:
Bud, we stop/limit teams double our size on D. Lamar isn’t EB or Van Far or Mark Twain. Since you are going to act like way sir lol You are taking any positivity towards Lamar as a personal attack against BG. Never said he can be entirely stoped. It will be a good game. For how much you think others are cocky, you are coming off that way bud. He’s a stud, but this is by far the best defense BG has played. With a DC most schools would love to pry away.Bud , Seriously?. How about we both agree both teams are very talented. Let the boys play the game and hats off to whoever wins the game.

Bud, we stop/limit teams double our size on D. Lamar isn’t EB or Van Far or Mark Twain. Since you are going to act like way sir lol You are taking any positivity towards Lamar as a personal attack against BG. Never said he can be entirely stoped. It will be a good game. For how much you think others are cocky, you are coming off that way bud. He’s a stud, but this is by far the best defense BG has played. With a DC most schools would love to pry away.
Listen here, @503_Maple . Your job is to get me a heated seating area with recliners!

Hey TD, the only person who’s not admitting to the challenge being a challenge is you friend. Not me. I’ve stated in all of my comments how talented BG is, how much I’ve wanted to see them play and lineup against Lamar, and that Bryant is a stud. I’ve only seen institutions from you about how this will be the same ole story. I.e BG scoring a ton and winning. But yes, it will be a good game. Pumped for it. I get this is an infamous message board forum, but I’m not looking for trouble bud, just back and fourth.

Hey TD, the only person who’s not admitting to the challenge being a challenge is you friend. Not me. I’ve stated in all of my comments how talented BG is, how much I’ve wanted to see them play and lineup against Lamar, and that Bryant is a stud. I’ve only seen institutions from you about how this will be the same ole story. I.e BG scoring a ton and winning. But yes, it will be a good game. Pumped for it. I get this is an infamous message board forum, but I’m not looking for trouble bud, just back and fourth.
I fully realize it’s going to be a heck of a challenge. Can’t wait to see Lamar in person, obviously you guys have built a dynasty down there. Hope it’s a great game and see how we stack up against you guys.

Dont think anyone will overlook BG. They are not here by accident. But to not realize the animal that is Lamar is just crazy. BG has not faced anyone near that level nor the level that Lamar sees week in and week out during the regular season. Does that mean BG does not have a chance? NO, not at all, they are a good team and deserve respect. Lamar is just on a whole other level.

Totally agree!!! Bowling green has not even played close to the schedule Lamar has. That will be there downfall running up the score on those class 1 teams up north. When they play a perennial power who has been to like 15 straight quarters or semis that who they play has something to do with there post season runs. BG has done great padding there stats but those days are over on Saturday.

bell house dog GIF by Polyvinyl Records

Totally agree!!! Bowling green has not even played close to the schedule Lamar has. That will be there downfall running up the score on those class 1 teams up north. When they play a perennial power who has been to like 15 straight quarters or semis that who they play has something to do with there post season runs. BG has done great padding there stats but those days are over on Saturday.
That’s not what I’m saying

Okay, I've read all of the "analysis" (lol) on the subject. Now, each of you give me the over/under on the game and/or your predicted score and we will see who got it right.

Okay, I've read all of the "analysis" (lol) on the subject. Now, each of you give me the over/under on the game and/or your predicted score and we will see who got it right.
Nobody has “analysis” just armchair opinions lol

But if you want a “armchair” “analysis” I can try lol

55 (o/u)

Over.

Lamar 38

Bowling Green 24 (They go for 2 often)

I dont think Lamar can slow the BG running back.
BG by 13

Sorry guys.
Good thing you're not giving your prediction until tomorrow!
I will say this, could be dead wrong, but if BG thinks they're going to run everything out of a tight set, it could be a long day for them!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT