ADVERTISEMENT

Bowling Green at Lamar

Mister_Wizard

Aug 26, 2016
I didn’t think the game would be at Lamar but so glad to see it is. Plan on being there Saturday.

Is this the true Class 2 championship game, unofficially?

BG has been an offensive juggernaut once again this year, averaging 59.9 points per game. Have they even punted this year?

BG is also the only team in MO with a shot at winning 15 games this year, which would be quite a feat (15-0).

No score prediction or keys. Lamar will play their game. Will try to come out on top. BG is an excellent team. Go tigers.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
I am tempted to make the drive to Lamar. This is going to be a good one!

I think BG has a legitimate chance to win, but how could you ever bet against Lamar?

I think Bowling Green will score a lot, can Lamar keep up? Can't wait to find out.

I am looking forward to this game! Who is BG's best win, EB? Is BG better this year than they were last year?
They have played 1 class 4 (3-7) school and 1 class 3 school (6-4). BG strength is what Lamar defends best! This will be the most physical team BG will have faced and it won't be close! I will take my chances with one of the best D Cord's in the state! On offense I do think Lamar has too many weapons. Being at home will be the difference. I think Lamar wins by 14+!
Best of luck to both teams and safe travels coming!

Last edited:
Don't discount Valle. They're going to be rested. Probably won't play any varsity kids after 1q Saturday.
Rested, not tested. I will not discount the program as in the program’s ability to make it a game regardless of where they are as a program. But overall body of work and play I have to give a good edge to BG or Lamar

Reactions: 2old2slow
Don't discount Valle. They're going to be rested. Probably won't play any varsity kids after 1q Saturday.
I would be very surprised if that is the case. I'm not as high on Valle as you seem to be, unless this is some long elaborate troll. I do think Valle wins this game but don't think it'll be a turbo in the 1st half kind of deal.

I am looking forward to this game! Who is BG's best win, EB? They have played 1 class 4 (3-7) school and 1 class 3 school (6-4). BG strength is what Lamar defends best! This will be the most physical team BG will have faced and it won't be close! I will take my chances with one of the best D Cord's in the state! On offense I do think Lamar has too many weapons. Being at home will be the difference. I think Lamar wins by 14+!
Keep on discounting Bowling Green, Our boys welcome the challenge… They had East Buchanan up 38-0 before they knew what happened. Lamar has earned their reputation. Should be a great game.

Reactions: JoeENorthlando
Keep on discounting Bowling Green, Our boys welcome the challenge… They had East Buchanan up 38-0 before they knew what happened. Lamar has earned their reputation. Should be a great game.
Hard to say “our guys will win” without discrediting the opponent or coming off that way. Nobody in Lamar is thinking this is EASY. The film has been watched by the coaching staff for weeks now I’m sure. This isn’t a team to take lightly.

I'm not discounting anyone! Just because I have an opinion doesn't mean its right! I am sure you have an opinion and I would love to hear it (not being a di***). I honestly want to know! Teams that are playing this weekend are very good, teams dont get here on luck!
Edit* If BG does win, I will be cheering for them to win state!

I'm not discounting anyone! Just because I have an opinion doesn't mean its right! I am sure you have an opinion and I would love to hear it (not being a di***). I honestly want to know! Teams that are playing this weekend are very good, teams dont get here on luck!
Edit* If BG does win, I will be cheering for them to win state!
I always enjoy discussing football, would love to talk with you. Your first comment of who has BG played ? They play the opponent in front of them. Lamar is a great team with a rich history and like I said they have definitely earned it. Playing at Lamar will definitely increase the challenge . It should be a good game.

I am looking forward to this game! Who is BG's best win, EB? Is BG better this year than they were last year?
They have played 1 class 4 (3-7) school and 1 class 3 school (6-4). BG strength is what Lamar defends best! This will be the most physical team BG will have faced and it won't be close! I will take my chances with one of the best D Cord's in the state! On offense I do think Lamar has too many weapons. Being at home will be the difference. I think Lamar wins by 14+!
Bowling Green does have a very weak schedule by default.

I think Bowling Green is at least equal to last years team. They are not as explosive minus Starks but they still just run the ball in big chunks and put points up fast.

The Bryant kid is super legit, and it will take a good Lamar team to stop him and that offense.

Been saying this for a while, but Lamar is the only Class 2 team that can beat BG. I don't think Lamar will do it by 14+ though.

If they do, then I would say Valle is in BIG trouble in the Championship game.

Can't wait to watch it. It will be a very very physical game.

And if you are Bowling Green you give it your all and if it is not good enough, well there is no shame in losing to the monster that is Lamar.

Something about playing at Lamar:

The respect the PA guy shows the opposing team. I’ve heard it at the half dozen or so games I’ve attended there the past five or six years.

A couple of examples from this past Saturday
1). He read off a list of recent team accomplishments from Lafayette County the past year in other sports and congratulated them
2). Paraphrasing here: “Fans, let’s give thanks for the fine group of coaches for both of these schools who have worked so hard to get both of these great teams to this quarterfinal game.”

Both of these gave some kudos to the Eagles and brought cheers.

Bowling Green does have a very weak schedule by default.

I think Bowling Green is at least equal to last years team. They are not as explosive minus Starks but they still just run the ball in big chunks and put points up fast.

The Bryant kid is super legit, and it will take a good Lamar team to stop him and that offense.

Been saying this for a while, but Lamar is the only Class 2 team that can beat BG. I don't think Lamar will do it by 14+ though.

If they do, then I would say Valle is in BIG trouble in the Championship game.

Can't wait to watch it. It will be a very very physical game.

And if you are Bowling Green you give it your all and if it is not good enough, well there is no shame in losing to the monster that is Lamar.
Great post, looking forward to Saturday! I wish we were playing each other in Dec!

I always enjoy discussing football, would love to talk with you. Your first comment of who has BG played ? They play the opponent in front of them. Lamar is a great team with a rich history and like I said they have definitely earned it. Playing at Lamar will definitely increase the challenge . It should be a good game.
I should have worded that different, I don't know ANYTHING about those teams! I love getting info from others! Really looking forward to playing a great team in BG! Like I said in the other post, I wish we were meeting in Dec! Safe Travels and looking forward to talking this week on the message board! What's your take? BG wins by what?

Man honestly I don’t know. I feel like we will give them a run for their money. Never have seen Lamar play in person it’s hard to say. I know they very good. Taking nothing away from East Buchanan, they are a very good team and their fans were incredibly respectful, but South Shelby was a tougher opponent.

Man honestly I don’t know. I feel like we will give them a run for their money. Never have seen Lamar play in person it’s hard to say. I know they very good. Taking nothing away from East Buchanan, they are a very good team and their fans were incredibly respectful, but South Shelby was a tougher opponent.
EB had some guys out apparently. Our defense is about as stout as it gets. Your offense runs really hard. It’s strength vs strength. We will see how it shakes out. Been wanting to see these two play since last year. If you need places to eat, or stay, or anything lmk. For anyone from BG for that matter

I felt that way with Adrian, they were tougher than Lafayette County! Anything can happen on Saturday and I just hope both teams come out healthy, so the winner can play for the title with all hands on deck!

Sounds like the BG community is pretty wound up for this one, and they should be. They probably realize, like everyone else following C2, that they're the underdogs. But out of everyone left in the state, they probably match up with Lamar better than anyone else.

I'm excited for a multitude of reasons. It's a new matchup bringing literally the two opposite corners of the state together, it's two communities that probably didn't even know the other existed haha.

@NEMOFball mentioned he thought this BG team is as good as the one last year, well the one last year lost by 3 TDs to a team that Lamar nearly beat. Lamar is rightfully favored here, but I'm super excited for this one.

Surely you guys are leaving Friday and staying somewhere, correct? You're not making that drive Saturday morning, right?

I would be very surprised if that is the case. I'm not as high on Valle as you seem to be, unless this is some long elaborate troll. I do think Valle wins this game but don't think it'll be a turbo in the 1st half kind of deal.
I don’t Valle runs away with this one either.

I think Valle will be the best team that FG has played this year by a mile, and I think that FG may be the best Class 2 team that Valle has played.

EB had some guys out apparently. Our defense is about as stout as it gets. Your offense runs really hard. It’s strength vs strength. We will see how it shakes out. Been wanting to see these two play since last year. If you need places to eat, or stay, or anything lmk. For anyone from BG for that matter
Should be fun to watch. Hopefully we can meet up. Thank you very much for the invite info. Finding somewhere to eat would great.

Should be fun to watch. Hopefully we can meet up. Thank you very much for the invite info. Finding somewhere to eat would great.
There’s a great pizza place, a BBQ place, and that’s the best “local” to here. If you have questions? Ask!

Gonna be a great game. Looking forward to watching it.

My family is staying in Springfield on Friday, then making the drive up to Lamar Saturday morning.

Would appreciate a heated seating area with recliners, if possible. LOL

My family is staying in Springfield on Friday, then making the drive up to Lamar Saturday morning.

I’ll see what I can do.

Springfield is a good idea as well.

That is on the NE SEWest side of the stadium, but they are 1st come, 1st serve! But you can paypal me and I can see what I can do!

Class 2 Playing Class 1 schedule/Lamar plays class 3/4 schedule that had 4 district champs in it. It will be a royal asskicking!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT