ADVERTISEMENT

Top 4 Teams in C6 set to play soon

Ru-B-Do

Dec 7, 2015
Springfield Mo
It should be a fun couple weeks of high school basketball, especially in class six over the next two weeks. Some big matchups between the top 4 teams are on the horizon. I would be interested to hear anybody’s thoughts or predictions regarding these three games.

January 26 Kickapoo travels to Battle
January 30 Kickapoo travels to Springfield Central
February 10 Oak Park travels to Battle

C6 #1 Oak Park seems to be the team to beat in C6 this year. They are 15-1 with zero losses coming from in-state teams. Looking through their schedule, they have had some good wins against Vashon (77-72), Staley (66-53) and North Kansas City (71-60).

C6 #2 Kickapoo is just a solid fundamentally sound basketball program. They are a bad matchup for anyone. They are also 15–1 with zero losses coming from in-state teams. They have had some big wins this year against De Smet (60-52) Nixa (54-52) and Father Tolton (67-55).

C6 #3 Battle has had a good year so far with a record of 12–3. I have watched a couple of their games online this year and they are tough to beat. They got the win against the very good North Kansas City (63-49) And had a very hard fought loss at home against father Tolton (59-71). They are a junior heavy team however so they should be one of the teams to beat next year in C6.

C6 #4 Springfield Central has been the most exciting team to watch out of these four teams this year. I believe they’re the wildcard of C6 with a record of 12–3 They had a big win over Staley (80-44) early in the year and a win over Nixa (75-74). They do also have a loss to Vianny (67-73). Other than those games they really either played top national teams or small average local teams. They are also junior heavy, so watch out for them next year.

I would pick Oak Park to win their game at Battle. I would also pick Kickapoo to win at Battle. The Kickapoo/Central game is a tough one to pick for me. Central has the better players, but Kickapoo plays great TEAM basketball. I would pick Kickapoo in a close one.

Last edited:
It should be a fun couple weeks of high school basketball, especially in class six over the next two weeks. Some big matchups between the top 4 teams are on the horizon. I would be interested to hear anybody’s thoughts or predictions regarding these three games.

January 26 Kickapoo travels to Battle
January 30 Kickapoo travels to Springfield Central
February 10 Oak Park travels to Battle

C6 #1 Oak Park seems to be the team to beat in C6 this year. They are 15-1 with zero losses coming from in-state teams. Looking through their schedule, they have had some good wins against Vashon (77-72), Staley (66-53) and North Kansas City (71-60).

C6 #2 Kickapoo is just a solid fundamentally sound basketball program. They are a bad matchup for anyone. They are also 15–1 with zero losses coming from in-state teams. They have had some big wins this year against De Smet (60-52) Nixa (54-52) and Father Tolton (67-55).

C6 #3 Battle has had a good year so far with a record of 12–3. I have watched a couple of their games online this year and they are tough to beat. They got the win against the very good North Kansas City (63-49) And had a very hard fought loss at home against father Tolton (59-71). They are a junior heavy team however so they should be one of the teams to beat next year in C6.

C6 #4 Springfield Central has been the most exciting team to watch out of these four teams this year. I believe they’re the wildcard of C6 with a record of 12–3 They had a big win over Staley (80-44) early in the year and a win over Nixa (75-74). They do also have a loss to Vianny (67-73). Other than those games they really either played top national teams or small average local teams. They are also junior heavy, so watch out for them next year.

I would pick Oak Park to win their game at Battle. I would also pick Kickapoo to win at Battle. The Kickapoo/Central game is a tough one to pick for me. Central has the better players, but Kickapoo plays great TEAM basketball. I would pick Kickapoo in a close one.
Keep an eye on those Staley Falcons come district time................

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT