ADVERTISEMENT

District Championship Week is here!!

LawsonAlum

Aug 29, 2023
Class 2- Game of the week in this class hands down Bowling Green vs South Shelby. I think SS has played a more competitive schedule but not sure it will be enough to outlast what BG brings to the table. Only way SS wins is if they control time of possession grinding yards with the Hammond kid and keeping the BG offense off the field.

Adrian vs Lamar- I think Adrian plays tough for a quarter but Lamar pulls away as the game progresses. Could see this ending up 42-14.

Lafayette County vs St. Michael's- Lafayette County most likely turbo clocks St. Michael's setting up what could be a spicy Quarterfinals with Lamar.

Class 3- Maryville vs St. Pius. The Spoofhounds are so hard to beat at home. Likely another high scoring game but don't think it will be as close as their first meeting earlier this year. Maryville by 14.

Class 4- Kearney vs Smithville. The game of the week in all classes. My gut tells me Kearney wins a dogfight 35-28.

Class 5 - Carthage vs Webb. Revenge game for Webb. All gas and no brakes in this one. Think Webb wins this one by 21+.

Grain Valley vs PC- Platte County's youth will be exposed and Grain Valley wins this one by 10+.

Class 6- Rockhurst vs LSN. Calling it now, Rockhurst comes away victorious. Would not shock me if Rockhurst wins by 10+.

I think St. Mike's keeps it closer with lafayette county than most expect. The rest seem about right... except K town

Interesting that the defending class 6 v defending class 5 champions don't warrant a mention here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT