ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Schedules

Might take time to fire up the O, but they are coming back with two All State O linemen and three year player Corbin Emmons at RB.
Defense will have 4 D1 prospects, two on the front and two in the backfield.

It will have Linebackers: state wrestling champ Carter Temple, who got playing time as Freshman will be back. Theo Grace who will be frontrunner for Bobby Bell. Grant Noland who will be the fastest player on the field. Just like I said last season, and it applies again this season, they will have the fastest and nastiest LB group around.
I saw kearney's fastest 100 time at their invitational meet was 11.41. Have you had anyone in the 10s yet this year?

I saw kearney's fastest 100 time at their invitational meet was 11.41. Have you had anyone in the 10s yet this year?
Grant Noland hasn’t run the 100m this year, yet. He has run a 10.98. Expect 10.9s this year. He missed most of the football season with a broken collar bone in week 2, but came back to be the number two tackler in the state championship game. All state in the 300h last year. And he will once again be patrolling the backfield. Another line backer that would be playing is the triple jumper that is ranked #6 in the state right now, runs a 4.5. Also, Junior Cole Burnham 11.25. Getting out of the sectional meet in section 4 will probably take a 10.85
Kearney has the #6 4x2 and #3 4x4.

Last edited:
Might take time to fire up the O, but they are coming back with two All State O linemen and three year player Corbin Emmons at RB.
Defense will have 4 D1 prospects, two on the front and two in the backfield.

It will have Linebackers: state wrestling champ Carter Temple, who got playing time as Freshman will be back. Theo Grace who will be frontrunner for Bobby Bell. Grant Noland who will be the fastest player on the field. Just like I said last season, and it applies again this season, they will have the fastest and nastiest LB group around.
O will be fine just different. Run first and let the play calling master dial up the rest.

In Minnick We Trust. His offenses:

2023 Kearney 38.7 ppg
2022 Kearney 41.8 ppg
2021 Raytown 34.5 ppg
2020 Raytown 29.6 ppg
2019 Raytown 34.1 ppg
2018 Raytown 36.3 ppg
2017 Raytown 34.4 ppg

Reactions: thetophat2021
In Minnick We Trust. His offenses:

2023 Kearney 38.7 ppg
2022 Kearney 41.8 ppg
2021 Raytown 34.5 ppg
2020 Raytown 29.6 ppg
2019 Raytown 34.1 ppg
2018 Raytown 36.3 ppg
2017 Raytown 34.4 ppg
I know people on here probably get tired of hearing about this guy, but what he did at Raytown is remarkable. Look at what is going on there since he left and what it was before. Besides adapting his offenses to his talent he also adapts to his surroundings. I remember reading that he put a huge map up on the board when he got there with pins where all the players that needed rides lived. Got the numbers up.

I know people on here probably get tired of hearing about this guy, but what he did at Raytown is remarkable. Look at what is going on there since he left and what it was before. Besides adapting his offenses to his talent he also adapts to his surroundings. I remember reading that he put a huge map up on the board when he got there with pins where all the players that needed rides lived. Got the numbers up.
Guilty as charged just haven't seen anyone quite like Minnick come onto the scene maybe ever and BONUS he's coaching at my Alma Mater. Another part of this, of course, is assembling a solid staff.

Big wins since being in Kearney: I don't think you can say now he "can't win the big game."

Beat #2 in Class 4, Smithville 20-19
Beat #3 in Class 5 (Class 5 State runner-up) Fort Osage, 36-17
Beat a healthy C5 Platte County early season, 21-14. (Extremely talented team that got injury bug later in the season)

Beat #2 in Class 4, Hillsboro 68-28 (turbo)
Beat #4 in Class 4, Nevada, 35-0 (turbo at half)
Beat #6 in Class 4, Smithville, 29-13
Beat #8 in Class 5, Fort Osage (21-14) With QB3 and four starters out.
Beat #7 in Class 4, Jeff City 42-7 (Turbo)

Last edited:
Big wins since being in Kearney: I don't think you can say now he "can't win the big game."

Beat #2 in Class 4, Smithville 20-19
Beat #3 in Class 5 (Class 5 State runner-up) Fort Osage, 36-17
Beat a healthy C5 Platte County early season, 21-14. (Extremely talented team that got injury bug later in the season)

Beat #2 in Class 4, Hillsboro 68-28 (turbo)
Beat #4 in Class 4, Nevada, 35-0 (turbo at half)
Beat #6 in Class 4, Smithville, 29-13
Beat #8 in Class 5, Fort Osage (21-14) With QB3 and four starters out.
Beat #7 in Class 4, Jeff City 42-7 (Turbo)
Best win of the bunch was Fort O Week 2 last year. QB3, thrust into the fire, made very understandable mistakes but threw the game icing pass it was something to see!

QB2 in the first Q had them up 14-0 before he went down. Looked like it was headed to turbo. at that point.
Definitely. I said at the time Platte County and Smithville would be far the most physical teams KMO would play all season that bore out. Now as for THIS year Fort returns a lot of key talent. Week 1 "should" be the locals' toughest regular season tilt.

This offseason is moving like a bolt of lightning the 2024 season seems almost right around the corner! You picked three good ones:

PC should be the KC Northland's headline team this fall (along with St. Pius X although if they truly move all the way to C5 that won't be kind to them at all). They improved by leaps and bounds as last season went on it could be a banner year over that way.

Kearney will be very good DEFENSIVELY this fall not sure about the QB/O overall but they have a blazer of a RB returning (younger Emmons kid). Pleased as peaches the whole Minnick rumor mill deal turned out to be a bunch of bull.............

Fort solves their own QB issue look out! All the other pieces appear in place and Peppers should have an absolutely stellar year (early inside track to winning the Simone at least from the MO side).

As for GV they will always be competitive as long as Allie stays there. Could be one of those rougher looking teams early that molds into a dangerous one come playoff time.

Platte County should be ready to rage this next season. Top notch QB in place. The players are good. Back for a run this season.

Can you be more specific on the "mechanics work?" I gotta hear this...
I need to put you back on ignore. You come on here like a "know it all" when you know nothing. It is called an OPINION....................

Note that is my authentic photo in my avatar. We used to have an open who and what we all are deal on MOSports (to eliminate trolling behind some anonymous screen name). Who are you, Rufus?

Last edited:
I need to put you back on ignore. You come on here like a "know it all" when you know nothing. It is called an OPINION....................

Note that is my authentic photo in my avatar. We used to have an open who and what we all are deal on MOSports (to eliminate trolling behind some anonymous screen name). Who are you, Rufus?
Good job on using your real photo on your profile. That is a RULE that ALL Doc Guys have to follow. My REAL photo has been on my profile since day 1!

You said the kid needs mechanics work. I asked you to explain. That makes me the know it all? Quit deflecting. If you are going to make a comment like that, explain it. Otherwise, don't get mad when somebody insinuates that you are full of shit.

You said the kid needs mechanics work. I asked you to explain. That makes me the know it all? Quit deflecting. If you are going to make a comment like that, explain it. Otherwise, don't get mad when somebody insinuates that you are full of shit.
9b53f0e7-b264-4495-9510-cd421c8b62c2_text.gif

you could go watch videos of all his games and see what we saw in person or you can stfu and let grown folks talk. If we have to explain it to you its no longer a discussion its an education and there is no salary high enough to teach you. Marriott cleans his vision up and stops throwing avoidable interceptions and he is very dangerous IMO

you could go watch videos of all his games and see what we saw in person or you can stfu and let grown folks talk. If we have to explain it to you its no longer a discussion its an education and there is no salary high enough to teach you. Marriott cleans his vision up and stops throwing avoidable interceptions and he is very dangerous IMO
I asked a question about the criticism of the QB. If somebody is going to say the kid has bad mechanics, they should at least be able to explain what about his mechanics is bad. Still don't have an answer, just two guys getting pissed. Which is both telling and predictable.

so they'd have the fastest kids on the field.

Thank you.

Next season? No. One is a senior. And the jury is still out on who is faster between the ones not graduating. Although one has been all-state multiple times already and one has not. Of course, the 100m is a supplemental event for the K kid. Not his main race.

And regardless he will still be the fastest on the field of any game he plays because neither of those schools will again make the playoffs to face K. K will still have the fastest backfield (and certainly LBs) collectively in C4.

Last edited:
I asked a question about the criticism of the QB. If somebody is going to say the kid has bad mechanics, they should at least be able to explain what about his mechanics is bad. Still don't have an answer, just two guys getting pissed. Which is both telling and predictable.
i mean i already stated where he can improve but i guess you cant read. Noone is mad, they are just tired of you never having anything to add. You are literally like the broke person at the cookout, you bring nothing to the table

i mean i already stated where he can improve but i guess you cant read. Noone is mad, they are just tired of you never having anything to add. You are literally like the broke person at the cookout, you bring nothing to the table
I must have missed where you (or anyone else) pointed out what specifically was wrong with the QB's mechanics. Trying to give you a chance to share your expertise.

You're never the broke person at the cookout when you're HOSTING the cookout! My tables are open EVERYONE in the Ampipe community. Rich OR broke! Come one, come all!

Reactions: shoot90draw
What I saw was him was the kind of inconsistency one would expect from a Soph. Make no mistake this kid has so much upside............I thought I was saying something pretty obvious but.............oh well. What I get for feeding the troll.

"bad mechanics"????????????? OMG what a negative troll. Here I go feeding again............

We know who really is, bud. Again everyone sees who I am who are you?

Don't dare forget how slippery/elusive and hard to bring down this kid was as just a Soph in the open field last year. No question it is all there cannot wait to see Platte several times this fall.

Sorry I am late to the game here.............traveling all day now doing the Hotel thing in Vicksburg MS...............on the road again LOL.

Don't dare forget how slippery/elusive and hard to bring down this kid was as just a Soph in the open field last year. No question it is all there cannot wait to see Platte several times this fall.

Sorry I am late to the game here.............traveling all day now doing the Hotel thing in Vicksburg MS...............on the road again LOL.
Kids gonna be a thorn in my side for 2 more years for sure. Great talent with huge upside. Gonna be 2 fun years for that school

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT