ADVERTISEMENT

Pat McAfee has got to go.

This is all subjective. I like his energy every week. He seems like he really enjoys the show and the fans and everything that is going on. So many guys are robotic and seem to be going through the motions. He is anything but that.

This is all subjective. I like his energy every week. He seems like he really enjoys the show and the fans and everything that is going on. So many guys are robotic and seem to be going through the motions. He is anything but that.
I guess it's all perspective. I just view it as performance art and a big money grab. I view him in the same vein as I do Stephen A and all the other knuckleheads that yell and scream non-stop. I like dudes like Herby that can have fun but also make some sense along the way as well. It's not football, but the NBA on TNT model is way more my speed. Get some guys that mesh and let them do their thing having fun. That's why, IMHO, Gameday was so awesome prior to Corso's aging and demise.

Reactions: 65TPT
dbf63cb6050b334a91b3c5fda0217934.gif

I guess it's all perspective. I just view it as performance art and a big money grab. I view him in the same vein as I do Stephen A and all the other knuckleheads that yell and scream non-stop. I like dudes like Herby that can have fun but also make some sense along the way as well. It's not football, but the NBA on TNT model is way more my speed. Get some guys that mesh and let them do their thing having fun. That's why, IMHO, Gameday was so awesome prior to Corso's aging and demise.
So I agree with some of this, however, I don't know that it's all a show. The dude is just that way all the time from what I can tell. Very out-there personality. Stephen A you can tell its a show every time he talks. He has to make himself get amped about things and it's annoying. Pat is just genuinely crazy if you ask me which is why I think it's fun instead of annoying.

I agree it was in its heyday and really good before Corso fell off so much. I dont see McAfee in the same light as Stephen A. I love the TNT NBA show and I think McAfee fits well in that style of show.

His over the top helps balance Saban's presence. Saban knows his stuff but he needs to loosen up a bit. I think it will come in time.

Reactions: TadQueasy
So I agree with some of this, however, I don't know that it's all a show. The dude is just that way all the time from what I can tell. Very out-there personality. Stephen A you can tell its a show every time he talks. He has to make himself get amped about things and it's annoying. Pat is just genuinely crazy if you ask me which is why I think it's fun instead of annoying.
I love his energy and he balances out the stiffs on the show. GameDAy has a great mix of personalities which makes it a very wathcbale and fun show. Anyone hating on Pat doesnt have personality.

Reactions: trumanbulldog42
If you're asking that, you're prbly a "Get off my lawn", "No fun Police" type person
No, I'm just legitimately curious. I don't think yelling and screaming is necessarily fun. I think guys that have rapport and banter (NBA on TNT) are fun. If that makes me a get off my lawn guy, so be it. I just think he's not really funny and doesn't offer any real insight. I mean, I watched for about 15 mins total Saturday and he talked about weed and yelled that fight song or whatever it was about five times. It's not unwatchable or anything, I just don't really think it's fun or funny. And he basically has zero rapport with anyone on the show. He's just over there doing his own thing.

No, I'm just legitimately curious. I don't think yelling and screaming is necessarily fun. I think guys that have rapport and banter (NBA on TNT) are fun. If that makes me a get off my lawn guy, so be it. I just think he's not really funny and doesn't offer any real insight. I mean, I watched for about 15 mins total Saturday and he talked about weed and yelled that fight song or whatever it was about five times. It's not unwatchable or anything, I just don't really think it's fun or funny. And he basically has zero rapport with anyone on the show. He's just over there doing his own thing.
Some of that should (hopefully) change as the year goes on as far as the rapport goes. Plus, if everyone was like Saban, the show would be boring and it would in fact be unwatchable to everyone except the super football nerds (which most of us obviously are).

I love his energy and he balances out the stiffs on the show. GameDAy has a great mix of personalities which makes it a very wathcbale and fun show. Anyone hating on Pat doesnt have personality.
Is not liking him or not fanboying over him "hating"?

Some of that should (hopefully) change as the year goes on as far as the rapport goes. Plus, if everyone was like Saban, the show would be boring and it would in fact be unwatchable to everyone except the super football nerds (which most of us obviously are).
Isn't this his second or third year? I don't think any of them are close to Saban. I think you can have a guy that mixes with them rather than just constantly doing his own thing, that for the most part has nothing to do with football at all, makes for an odd dynamic.

All of this to say...he's done an amazing job at creating a brand and cashing in on it. From a business standpoint, I respect the hell out of him. It's just not my style at all. If this is at all understandable, if he played the same role in some parody of a college football show, I'd probably watch it.

GameDay is no longer Watchable is hating on McAfee yes.
Interesting take. I guess we have different versions of hating on.

If someone changes the channel because they can't stand one of the people on the show, that seems like a preference thing.

In the same breath can I say that if you think McAfee is good you're a huge fanboy?

If someone changes the channel because they can't stand one of the people on the show, that seems like a preference thing.

In the same breath can I say that if you think McAfee is good you're a huge fanboy?
define fanboy? If you feel like being a fanboy is enjoying McAfee as a host of GameDAy then label me as a fanboy. Do I tune into the Pat McAfee Show...NO. Do I purchase McAfee Merch...NO. Does he bring a level of entertainment to a show leading up to all the college games on Saturday? I believe so. So I guess my comment of HATING McAfee was inapproporiate. I should have said if you think Gameday is unwatchable because you don't like McAfee, you have no personality.

define fanboy? If you feel like being a fanboy is enjoying McAfee as a host of GameDAy then label me as a fanboy. Do I tune into the Pat McAfee Show...NO. Do I purchase McAfee Merch...NO. Does he bring a level of entertainment to a show leading up to all the college games on Saturday? I believe so. So I guess my comment of HATING McAfee was inapproporiate. I should have said if you think Gameday is unwatchable because you don't like McAfee, you have no personality.
I bet you have a McAfee poster above your bed.

Brother, if you think he made anything close to what he's making now as a punter, you need to consult your Google machine.
Never said he made more money being a punter. I said he made plenty of money. Saying he wasnt a football player because he was a punter is funny. I guess long snapper and kickers aren't football players either.

If you dislike someone so much that you change the channel, then I'm not sure what else you would call it. If you just have a preference of Corso or Saban then you would still watch it. You evidently dislike Pat so much that it is "unwatchable" which is the definition of not liking, aka hating, on someone. be better Eagles, be better

Reactions: Stryk3
If you dislike someone so much that you change the channel, then I'm not sure what else you would call it. If you just have a preference of Corso or Saban then you would still watch it. You evidently dislike Pat so much that it is "unwatchable" which is the definition of not liking, aka hating, on someone. be better Eagles, be better
Did I say it was unwatchable? I thought I actually said the opposite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT