ADVERTISEMENT

Seneca 56-CJ 7 Final

Seneca is better anyway but why is CJ playing their back up QB on every 3rd play who hasn't taken a snap all year??

I know we’re good but seems like the Big 8 is down compared to years past.
Just from an outsider’s perspective, Seneca is very good, Lamar and Nevada have injuries to their studs, Mt. Vernon is decent, and everyone else is just kind of so-so. That seem accurate?

After tonight I say Seneca would finish 2nd in the COC
38459812-e479-441f-adef-357d6369d943_text.gif

Went back and watched the video to do my own stats and game notes on Sunday and here's a few thoughts:

— It’s been 20 years since I had a vote on the Missouri Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association poll, but I would be hard pressed to not have Seneca at No. 1 in Class 3. Absolutely no disrespect to Blair Oaks, perhaps I need to take some time tonight and watch video of their games on MSHSAA.tv but Seneca is good enough to make another run to the title game again.

— Likewise, it's been 20 years since I last sat through the Missouri Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association All-State Selection meeting, but if I could nominate players this year, No. 6 for Seneca should a first-team selection at linebacker and No. 54 first-team at offensive line. I'll admit my bias toward No. 54, I knew his dad back in high school and his father was a pretty salty running back/linebacker back in the mid-90's at Labette County and is now the wrestling coach and athletic director at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M. No shame to admit his son is probably better than his father.

— No. 23 for Seneca made three plays and only one showed up in the box score, but all three made a difference. I don't have a size on him, but he was not the biggest player on the field, but on Carl Junction's opening drive, he made a one-on-one tackle on the edge to stop a big gain on second down, then on third down, CJ had a receiver open deep and he got a hand on the ball at the last second to knock it away for a PBU. He later had an interception in the second quarter, but that kid found a way to make plays.

— Finally, this last one made me laugh as I was walking home. Game's over, both teams have shook hands, Seneca has its postgame break down ... "1, 2,3 BIG 8!" Nice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT