ADVERTISEMENT

More forfeits

This does not surprise me at the least ... traditionally speaking when there has been one case of a school/program using an ineligible player, there will be others who are either reported, caught or self-report knowing the penalties can be harsh.

It is unfortunate and will ultimately impact postseason seedings/pairings but I am not surprised.

Wth, if you can't keep track of quarters then don't play lower level. There must be some passed off moms out there counting quarters. What you want to bet the quarters go up next year.

Maybe Ritter
Someone last week on here was mentioning the possibility of Ritter that he might of heard something about. He said it was an unbeaten Class 5 St Louis team which only gives 3 possibilities:

Cardinal Ritter
St Dominic
Rockwood Summit

so take that for what it is worth.

Reactions: Wheels 1
Out of those three it's definitely Ritter surely.
That would be the obvious choice but stranger things have happened. If rumors get spread and it ends up being 1 of the other 2 then you get some upset Crusader faithful on social media. Honestly though if was them they would be some upset Crusader faithful.

Reactions: HHSX2
Saw through social media Cardinal Ritter was a complete no call no show for the JV game against Hillsboro tonight as well. Apparently Hillsboro’s administration had been contacting Ritter for a while to determine if the game was still on and never got a single response.

Saw through social media Cardinal Ritter was a complete no call no show for the JV game against Hillsboro tonight as well. Apparently Hillsboro’s administration had been contacting Ritter for a while to determine if the game was still on and never got a single response.
The
@RitterPrep JV football team was a no-show for their scheduled game at @HHS_Footballers
this evening. Multiple attempts and methods to communicate from Hillsboro Admins have garnered no response. If it was an honest mistake, someone would respond.

Yea there you have it. Ritter has issues.

• Sad
Reactions: thetophat2021
It gets worse now for Ritter:

MSHSAA postseason criteria: “A school must have competed in the minimum number of contests (5).” If a football team has to forfeit at least five games then they won’t be playoff eligible. @MissouriScoop reports a St. Louis Class 5 school “may have to forfeit games this year.”

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

MSHSAA postseason criteria: “A school must have competed in the minimum number of contests (5).” If a football team has to forfeit at least five games then they won’t be playoff eligible. @MissouriScoop reports a St. Louis Class 5 school “may have to forfeit games this year.”
nope sorry nothing to see here move along

Thought about things for a little bit. CR didn't respond to Hillsboro's calls about their JV game. We might actually see them cancel the last game of their regular season if they know they can not compete in the postseason. We should know the answer to this probably by Wednesday.

If it is Cardinal Ritter, do you think they fire their head coach like they did in 2019 after forfeiting all their games?
It all depends on the circumstances. What did they do. Did they know what they were doing and did it anyway. I would say it is a possibility but it really depends if it was an honest mistake or something done intentionally in which CR leadership after the recent mess won't deal with another PR mess and make instant changes.

Going to be Trinity or Saint Mary’s! Oh wait that was the last couple of years that they were probably eligible for forfeits

Going to be Trinity or Saint Mary’s! Oh wait that was the last couple of years that they were probably eligible for forfeits

Nope, There is nothing to see here. Move along. They were not going to Hillsboro after everything that went on prior to this past week. From what I was told, There was no JV game played last year at CR. The request to
move the game from Friday to Saturday did not sit well with CR. I was told, however, they just went along with the change and decided
to handle their displeasure on the field.

• Haha
Reactions: HHSX2
I called Becky Oakes and she said as long as you played the games (even if they were forfeits) they still count toward your five games to play in the postseason.

Nope, There is nothing to see here. Move along. They were not going to Hillsboro after everything that went on prior to this past week. From what I was told, There was no JV game played last year at CR. The request to
move the game from Friday to Saturday did not sit well with CR. I was told, however, they just went along with the change and decided
That is not professional. If this was true then Hillsboro would have known about no JV game on Monday before today and they would not have kept calling and getting no answer. So sorry, I don't beleive that one little bit. I am sure they are above child game of displeasure, especially when it takes away an opportunity to play a game and get better.

Idk if this matters, but PHS had won 1 game this year maybe 2, so this doesnt/wouldn't even affect their district position.
Kind of a bail out punishment

Ritter will still probably win state although we don't know if these players will be eligible going forward.

That is not professional. If this was true then Hillsboro would have known about no JV game on Monday before today and they would not have kept calling and getting no answer. So sorry, I don't beleive that one little bit. I am sure they are above child game of displeasure, especially when it takes away an opportunity to play a game and get better.
I won't go back and forth. believe what you
want my friend

I wonder which bean counter at MSHSAA is behind all the subvarsity number counting causing the forfeits
I’d love to work for MSHSAA and help make sure schools/programs are following rules and regulations. Kind of like code enforcement for its membership.

That actually won't happen. If all of their games get forfeited then they'll still be eligible for the playoffs because all of those games were completed. Even Ritter is 0-9 they'll still make the playoffs.

Anyone else remember the St.Marys (Independence) baseball fiasco in 1997? They won the state championship and had to vacate it because of an ineligible player that some teacher at the school blew the whistle on once summer hit. Hard to believe a teacher at their own school would do that to those kids after they won the state title. If memory serves they said that player wasn't even an important piece and had come in during a sectional blowout or something.

The bottom line on all of this is: nothing will happen to them, MSHSAA will do nothing, they have been blatantly breaking the rules with rosters since 2019 at least, they will continue to win games, they will continue to try to intimidate/disrespect their opponents with goofy cringe social media videos, they will be taught that the rest of the known world is not for them but against them, their coach will rant someplace in the first week of December how and why he can't win coach of the year...

Wth, if you can't keep track of quarters then don't play lower level. There must be some passed off moms out there counting quarters. What you want to bet the quarters go up next year.
This one had nothing to do with quarters, player was not academically eligible.

They were scared of the dark and decided not to come???

Just dug a little deeper again....and Hillsboro was left at the altar, didn't know anything until around 5pm when one of their coaches called and was told "our AD was supposed to let you know"

I wonder which bean counter at MSHSAA is behind all the subvarsity number counting causing the forfeits
Sub varsity. Maybe the best term ever, because a HC, and AD, thought it meant they couldn’t start a varsity game, but could sub in. No, really. That’s the excuse the HC is publicly using for playing a player that was only eligible for “sub varsity.” I swear to god, people wonder why teachers and coaches dont get paid more, and this moron publicly uses that excuse. You can’t make it up.

Reactions: Arcola
They were scared of the dark and decided not t

The bottom line on all of this is: nothing will happen to them, MSHSAA will do nothing, they have been blatantly breaking the rules with rosters since 2019 at least, they will continue to win games, they will continue to try to intimidate/disrespect their opponents with goofy cringe social media videos, they will be taught that the rest of the known world is not for them but against them, their coach will rant someplace in the first week of December how and why he can't win coach of the year...
His wife has enough coach of the year awards
in track. He is fine with that, trust me. We know the old good o
boy network. They do the same to most prominently black head
coaches when they win dam a Coach of the Year award. Let's look at
the history of Missouri and how many black coaches have won Coach of the Year. This is no different than all the fuss about Coach Deon Sanders
Your awards don't define us. The last black head coach to win 5a was not
coach of the year either. Do the homework on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT