ADVERTISEMENT

More forfeits

His wife has enough coach of the year awards
in track. He is fine with that, trust me. We know the old good o
boy network. They do the same to most prominently black head
coaches when they win dam a Coach of the Year award. Let's look at
the history of Missouri and how many black coaches have won Coach of the Year. This is no different than all the fuss about Coach Deon Sanders
Your awards don't define us. The last black head coach to win 5a was not
coach of the year either. Do the homework on that.
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! Something we both agree upon, his wife is an outstanding coach.

Reactions: dj456
Just dug a little deeper again....and Hillsboro was left at the altar, didn't know anything until around 5pm when one of their coaches called and was told "our AD was supposed to let you know"
That is a pretty big deal to overlook calling another school that affects a school event between schools. To just forget or not call, I mean come on, there is a level of professionalism and job requirements of a position that have to be executed routinely.

If you can't fulfill all of the job requirements of a position then don't sign up to do it.

the history of Missouri and how many black coaches have won Coach of the Year. This is no different than all the fuss about Coach Deon Sanders
meme-joke.gif

That is a pretty big deal to overlook calling another school that affects a school event between schools. To just forget or not call, I mean come on, there is a level of professionalism and job requirements of a position that have to be executed routinely.

If you can't fulfill all of the job requirements of a position then don't sign up to do it.
Yep no matter how butthurt the AD is , they gotta do their job.

If that was a public school, they'd probably be fired.

Reactions: OldeCoach
Does Arlen Harris fit your narrative? I'm not a coach or in the All State meetings, but from the coaches posts on Twitter last year I can only imagine how he represents himself in the meetings. Maybe Arlen represents himself differently, but he had no problem winning coach of the year. Because CR mishandled a situation it is now about race? Always the victim...

Fristr
Does Arlen Harris fit your narrative? I'm not a coach or in the All State meetings, but from the coaches posts on Twitter last year I can only imagine how he represents himself in the meetings. Maybe Arlen represents himself differently, but he had no problem winning coach of the year. Because CR mishandled a situation it is now about race? Always the victim

Don't start anything about racisim in here. This has nothing to do with racisim. There is no place in these forums for any of that. If you can't talk about football as a fan or professional then please leave. We talk football in here and everything about it in Missouri high school sports but we don't support any talk about race being the blame on anything because it is not. Many schools around this state have players and coaches of different colors and beliefs and they are not judged by their color but by the football product and production they put on the field.

If you can't stick to that please leave.

Don't start anything about racisim in here. This has nothing to do with racisim. There is no place in these forums for any of that. If you can't talk about football as a fan or professional then please leave. We talk football in here and everything about it in Missouri high school sports but we don't support any talk about race being the blame on anything because it is not. Many schools around this state have players and coaches of different colors and beliefs and they are not judged by their color but by the football product and production they put on the field.

Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

7dbe6b6d-57cc-4b42-9d03-a2b8a872b6c4_text.gif

Reactions: Knogahoogle

The dude is an average coach with supreme talent. He's a Carl Reed Lite version. Carl was one of the worst head coaches of a successful program(not as successful as they should have been) I've ever seen.

Valle doesn't have CR type of Jimmy and Joes.
When I look at Valle and several other similar schools I kind of grade them as you would when your the other team's fans in a moment such as this:
other team fan after conclusion of a game prior to week playing Valle, BO, Maryville, LN, CR, CBC, Desmet (should i go on?):

That was a good win everyone, who and where are we going next week,

(rolls eyes) O its _________, and it is at ______. Man I hope it rains, snows, maybe they are not as good as they normally are....
O well time to bring it.

Are players allowed to play immediately mid-season if they start at a new school across state lines regardless of school type?

Are players allowed to play immediately mid-season if they start at a new school across state lines regardless of school type?
There is certain stipulations and requirements from previous school to current school. So many to be able to mention.
See MSHSAA Manual Section 3.10.1 for the full listing followed by Q and A frequent items.

Reactions: quadzilla200
It has been reported that during several games this season Cardinal Ritter played with electronic communication equipment in the helmets. Per rules that is illegal for communications between coach and players during the game.

Coach to Player: Electronic communication devices used to communicate with a player, except during an outside 9- yard mark conference (7-yard mark in 8-man), including electronic signage to signal plays or information from the sideline are illegal equipment per NFHS Rule 1-5-3(c, 2).

This investigation could be related to that. If it is true and valid then they were blatantly cheating and not just a missunderstanding of a rule.

Coach to Player: Electronic communication devices used to communicate with a player, except during an outside 9- yard mark conference (7-yard mark in 8-man)

So they can only use electronic communication devices in nonconference games if the player is not named "Mark" and is shorter than 27 feet tall. Got it. 😉

Last edited:
The electronic communication device rule in football is interesting considering I have been told (still looking for a verified source) that this spring in baseball, in an effort to speed games up, high schools have been approved to use earpieces for catchers to receive pitch calls from the dugout. It's the same wireless device used by college baseball last spring and I'm aware of several programs who have purchased them to use this coming spring.

They took more wins from Lincoln College Prep. They are now 2-6.

I chatted with a few people concerning the helmet communications and honestly I believe there are several people that know about issue at Cardinal Ritter as it is been verified that they did violate that rule. So many other teams know about it happening but the question is... is MSHSAA going to handle it properly. CR thinks they are fine and nothing is going to happen.
It took the Archdiocese to get involved to get the other item cleaned up only 4 years ago. If MSHSAA won't fix the issue and set an example that rules are rules. The cheating at CR goes beyond the team as the costs to implement a system they have in those helmets are quite expensive and they have to track the funds involved. The issue could go all throughout the administration there.

Additionally with them doing this and many of the kids and families at CR know that it is wrong but the coaches are basically teaching those kids to win at all costs including cheating.

If they don't act on the adding of players (many of their starters throughout the season) to their eligible roster this past week then they have set the precedent that the eligibility roster is completely pointless for schools. If they come down on another school in the future but don't on Ritter now then all they have to do is be taken to court like MSHSAA was earlier this year and they will lose that battle very quickly.

If they don't act on the adding of players (many of their starters throughout the season) to their eligible roster this past week then they have set the precedent that the eligibility roster is completely pointless for schools. If they come down on another school in the future but don't on Ritter now then all they have to do is be taken to court like MSHSAA was earlier this year and they will lose that battle very quickly.
MSHSAA is quickly moving their way into being out of a job.

I chatted with a few people concerning the helmet communications and honestly I believe there are several people that know about issue at Cardinal Ritter as it is been verified that they did violate that rule. So many other teams know about it happening but the question is... is MSHSAA going to handle it properly. CR thinks they are fine and nothing is going to happen.
It took the Archdiocese to get involved to get the other item cleaned up only 4 years ago. If MSHSAA won't fix the issue and set an example that rules are rules. The cheating at CR goes beyond the team as the costs to implement a system they have in those helmets are quite expensive and they have to track the funds involved. The issue could go all throughout the administration there.

Additionally with them doing this and many of the kids and families at CR know that it is wrong but the coaches are basically teaching those kids to win at all costs including cheating.
If this is true, is it a new thing for them this year or have they done it in the past as well?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT