ADVERTISEMENT

Lutheran North vs Hannibal

iTQsJ24.jpeg

Plenty of standing room, or on a blanket on the hill on the home side. Portable stands on the other side of the jump pits and perhaps more on the visitor side. Lights may be a problem with sightlines. Will be interesting.

Can you imagine the uproar if this was Webb coming to town?

iTQsJ24.jpeg

Plenty of standing room, or on a blanket on the hill on the home side. Portable stands on the other side of the jump pits and perhaps more on the visitor side. Lights may be a problem with sightlines. Will be interesting.

After seeing it the first time field level, i can say I think different now. This is definitely enough room for a quarterfinal game, if in lawn chairs or blankets . don’t trust google maps lol

Last edited:
The facility is crap. Just what people want to do, go to a game and sit on the ground on a hill on some blankets or bring chair to sit on. With temperatures probably in the 30s, doesn't sound like much fun. Hannibal will travel well regardless...wouldn't be surprised if Hannibal has as many fans there as LN. If it were at a better stadium, most likely would. I heard opposing teams usually don't go to the locker room, if there even is one, at halftime because it is far away. It would also screw up the pregame routine as well since it is far away. It should be a good game. LN has great team speed and are huge up front. Hannibal will need to play a clean game and limit LN big plays. Should be a great game.

The facility is crap. Just what people want to do, go to a game and sit on the ground on a hill on some blankets or bring chair to sit on. With temperatures probably in the 30s, doesn't sound like much fun. Hannibal will travel well regardless...wouldn't be surprised if Hannibal has as many fans there as LN. If it were at a better stadium, most likely would. I heard opposing teams usually don't go to the locker room, if there even is one, at halftime because it is far away. It would also screw up the pregame routine as well since it is far away. It should be a good game. LN has great team speed and are huge up front. Hannibal will need to play a clean game and limit LN big plays. Should be a great game.
I still agree it’s a crappy facility but it’s what it is. Hannibal has no say over this, Lutheran North done this to make Hannibal uncomfortable to play on a grass field but Lutheran North might of made a big mistake not playing at a neutral site because a lot of Hannibal fans I have talked to are mad about this and you don’t wanted have aneyas on your bad side or they be in a hurting. I have seen it twice this year and Troy and Kirksville last year!!!

Rope off the endzones and let people stand on the track. No better atmosphere than people right on top of you. Could make for one of the best high school atmospheres and games this year. Just looking at google maps, it looks similar in size to Bowling Green. It was a great atmosphere last year for the BO and BG game and I will guess LN will not have near as many fans as either of those schools.
Have a question about Bowling Green. Do they allow people to have lawn chairs inside the fence, or does everyone have to be on the outside of the fence?

I still agree it’s a crappy facility but it’s what it is. Hannibal has no say over this, Lutheran North done this to make Hannibal uncomfortable to play on a grass field but Lutheran North might of made a big mistake not playing at a neutral site because a lot of Hannibal fans I have talked to are mad about this and you don’t wanted have aneyas on your bad side or they be in a hurting. I have seen it twice this year and Troy and Kirksville last year!!!
I don't think turf helped Hannibal vs Helias this year. I mean is this really a conversation that people are complaining about playing on a grass field with limited seating?

Reactions: OldeCoach
Have a question about Bowling Green. Do they allow people to have lawn chairs inside the fence, or does everyone have to be on the outside of the fence?
Last year at the BO game they were inside the fence. Not sure if that is how every game is, that is the only time I have been there. But if I remember correctly the BG student section was behind the endzone with a set of bleachers they had there.

Reactions: Mowestdad
But seriously your main back Ferreira will probably need an ice bath after running up the middle all night against those big DTs for Lutheran North. That young man runs hard and gets Hannibals tough yards. It should be a battle.

Reactions: 2old2slow
Not my main back, but yes, from what I've seen, he is good...runs hard inside.

Not my main back, but yes, from what I've seen, he is good...runs hard inside.
Small sample size of two games but Aneyas spent over half the games out at wide recieiver so I didnt conisder him the main back. But that may have just been the gameplan vs Helias. The young man is special in the open field.

Just google mapped the site. Hope they are bringing in parking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plenty of parking, just might be a walk. Area is big enough. If MICDS can host Smithville, LN can host Hannibal. Also they have lights, so not sure what more light is needed.

Also enjoy north city, get out and see the sights

• Haha
One of my favorite things around here during this time of year is the irritation people get for having to travel to places that are different. Not everyone gets a home game, it stinks, but it is reality

I heard they are looking into playing the game somewhere other than Lutheran North. The seating and capacity there are not up to par with a game of this quality. Missouri Baptist is probably not going to be big enough either. That stadium has the press box and concession area in the middle, splitting the bleachers in half. It only has a seating capacity of 1,000. No bleachers on the visitor side.

I know last year when WP was complaining about how tiny St Doms stadium is, I was told something along the lines of “MSHSAA minimum for hosting class 4 playoff game is 900 seats”

One of my favorite things around here during this time of year is the irritation people get for having to travel to places that are different. Not everyone gets a home game, it stinks, but it is reality
Apparently you struggle with reading and comprehension, this is not about people not wanting to travel. This is about people wanting a half ass decent place to sit their ass after traveling. Gol damn boy errbody kno dat

iTQsJ24.jpeg

It was awful when Lamar went there! Weather was terrible too! 7-6 final, great game!

Reactions: Arcola
iTQsJ24.jpeg

Jezuz H Christ...literally every Middle school in the Northland has three times the seating as this pasture. Are they bringing the cattle in at halftime?

iTQsJ24.jpeg

From some of the Google earth it looks like they have put in new lights since this picture was taken. However just another point if MSHSAA is going to have hosting guidelines but not enforce them then why have them? If they would actually enforce them it might make some of these schools actually update their faculties, if they were not allowed to host playoff games, because lack of seating or press box room.

• Love
From some of the Google earth it looks like they have put in new lights since this picture was taken. However just another point if MSHSAA is going to have hosting guidelines but not enforce them then why have them? If they would actually enforce them it might make some of these schools actually update their faculties, if they were not allowed to host playoff games.
New lights at Lutheran North? And a play clock at Ritter?
Well I’ll be damned, these private schools are finally making their facilities regulation.

i have a couples issues to addressed about this situation. I have no issues with Hannibal playing at Lutheran North or the location of the game. If Lutheran North would of found a neutral site that could hold a capacity of a Class 4 Quarterfinal game and a stadium that was Grass not turf.

My issues are Hannibal brings over 500+ people for playoff games and with this being Aneyas last year I say 1/2 of Hannibal fans has came to almost every Hannibal away game this year. Another reason they’re be a issues is they’re could be more fans that want come see the game that aint fans of Lutheran and Hannibal but they just want come watch the game.

My biggest issue is either MSHSAA or Lutheran North breaking the rules in the MSHSAA handbook. The Minimum Quarterfinal hosting capacity for a Class 4 game is 1900.

@ChaoticFanatic could vouch for me, Last year Hannibal made about 5 hour trip to west plains on a Friday night and Hannibal had about 300+ people

Yes they did. WP visitors side holds 400-500 if you sit butt to butt and it was pretty dang full.

That was a COLD playoff game. One of the coldest football games I’ve been to in awhile. I was standing on the Hannibal side in 3-4 layers with my face completely covered other than the eyes. 🤣🤣🤣

Aneyeas is at 100 percent and there should be no excuses from Hannibal. You don’t ever hear any coaches making excuses for losses. You put your best 11 against their best 11 and see who comes out on top. All this talk about the fans and the stadium is pointless and comes from a bunch of people who forget none of that matter. Can Hannibal have long sustained drives with the occasional home run from Aneyas? You might see old school 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust all the way down the field if necessary. If Lutheran stays in the 6-1 look with their middle back 8 yds deep and safeties on the hashes i could see veer and dive option all day. Make a couple plays on defense and hannibal walks away with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT