ADVERTISEMENT

Lutheran North 70 Hannibal 61 Final

Not to be that guy, but the refs didn’t allow 70 points.
Ya Hannibal Defense gave up 70 points but when it is at the most crucial time during the game and you have your opponent 3 and 18 with about 3 Mins to go losing by 7 and the play clock hits 0 4 or 5 Seconds before the other team snap the ball.

Ya Hannibal Defense gave up 70 points but when it is at the most crucial time during the game and you have your opponent 3 and 18 with about 3 Mins to go losing by 7 and the play clock hits 0 4 or 5 Seconds before the other team snap the ball.

Was there a penalty on 4th down that could have been declined? Thus turning the ball over to Hannibal? I thought I saw that.

After watching the game live last night and rewatching this morning, the real blame goes on the D-Coordinator in my opinion. They kept lining up their weakest cornerback 5 yards from the outside receiver and just let the guy get torched time and time again on straight go routes. Number three would run a post or cross and the safety went with him and the corner got ran past time and time again. After 3 tds over the top you’d think they would have adjusted somewhat but it wasn’t until late in the 3rd quartered and into the fourth after giving up 62 points they finally started back 8-10 yard fusion and forced the qb to throw short and got some stops. Not sure what the game plan was but they sure stuck with it to a fault. I thoughts the refs did a decent job. Fault to the D. 60 pts should be enough to win any game with a D that can get more than one stop in a game.

Reactions: BPcompete
After watching the game live last night and rewatching this morning, the real blame goes on the D-Coordinator in my opinion. They kept lining up their weakest cornerback 5 yards from the outside receiver and just let the guy get torched time and time again on straight go routes. Number three would run a post or cross and the safety went with him and the corner got ran past time and time again. After 3 tds over the top you’d think they would have adjusted somewhat but it wasn’t until late in the 3rd quartered and into the fourth after giving up 62 points they finally started back 8-10 yard fusion and forced the qb to throw short and got some stops. Not sure what the game plan was but they sure stuck with it to a fault. I thoughts the refs did a decent job. Fault to the D. 60 pts should be enough to win any game with a D that can get more than one stop in a game.
You obviously don't know what you were seeing. The slot WRs are the ones who caught the deep balls. LN's #3 and #7 are fast asf! Those are the ones who caught the deep balls. And if you know what you're watching, Hannibal did mix up coverages and fronts, brought pressure at times, and just played zone defense. LN's offense is the real deal. Their QB can throw it or take off and run. Hannibal's ILBs simply could not keep up with him. If you drop more in to coverage, you have a light box, and give up the run against a QB that can obviously take advantage of it.

So Hannibal gave up 3rd and 18???? What was it like a 40 yard gain? Safe to say North would’ve picked up the 3rd and 23 too.

When you play a terrible schedule and awful teams you may think you are better than you are. Hannibal’s defense is a disgrace and the team is slow. Without Williams they are a 3 win team

So Hannibal gave up 3rd and 18???? What was it like a 40 yard gain? Safe to say North would’ve picked up the 3rd and 23 too.

When you play a terrible schedule and awful teams you may think you are better than you are. Hannibal’s defense is a disgrace and the team is slow. Without Williams they are a 3 win team

Then I guess Lutheran North’s defense is also a disgrace by that logic.

Then I guess Lutheran North’s defense is also a disgrace by that logic.
Lutheran North went up 62-33. And yes they were bad most all game. One of the worst defensive games in years. But you wont see a Lutheran North booster (me) crying about my team giving up a 3rd & 18 lol the QB for Lutheran North is the best in the state. 48 TDs and 0 INTs on the season. Just gotta eat the L

Sir 3 Wins 😂. Hannibal would of been 7-2 without aneyas in the regular season. It’s proven year and out Hannibal wins 80% of there conference games. I agree Hannibal plays in the one the weakest conferences in football, but Hannibal can’t help it. The Closest Big school near hannibal is Troy that’s only 45 Mins away. everybody in the NCMC is a hour away or more. The GAC doesn’t want Hannibal either does CMAC so what does Hannibal have to do to improve there schedule strength!!!

Hannibal is definitely better than a three win team without Aneyas. Hannibal really was one guy short on defense as far as a speed matchup. They have been without one of their starting corners the last two weeks. He is no longer on the team for reasons I won't share what I was told. Would he have made the difference...who knows, but it definitely hurt not having him. LN is legit..take nothing away from them. They made plays when they needed to and won the game. Both teams played hard,

Sir 3 Wins 😂. Hannibal would of been 7-2 without aneyas in the regular season. It’s proven year and out Hannibal wins 80% of there conference games. I agree Hannibal plays in the one the weakest conferences in football, but Hannibal can’t help it. The Closest Big school near hannibal is Troy that’s only 45 Mins away. everybody in the NCMC is a hour away or more. The GAC doesn’t want Hannibal either does CMAC so what does Hannibal have to do to improve there schedule strength!!!
Who said CMAC didn't want Hannibal? Even if that was the case, it would probably be because it would be two hour to two abd a half hour drive fir every sports competition

Reactions: 2old2slow
Who said CMAC didn't want Hannibal? Even if that was the case, it would probably be because it would be two hour to two abd a half hour drive fir every sports competition
Well both Battle and Jeff City took Hannibal off the schedule so I thought the CMAC didn’t want them. Nobody’s said that I am saying that

CMAC doesn't want Hannibal. Hannibal would be the only Class 4 school, well, unless JC "forgets" to count all of their students again. The others don't benefit from playing and especially getting beat by a smaller school. JC and Battle both dropped Hannibal from their schdules. Travel could be a excuse. It definitely could be an issue with the other sports besides football that play during the week.

Reactions: 2old2slow
Didn’t Lutheran North lose to Maryville? 🤔 (Maryville got blown out by Blair Oaks and didn’t even win their Class 3 District)

You obviously don't know what you were seeing. The slot WRs are the ones who caught the deep balls. LN's #3 and #7 are fast asf! Those are the ones who caught the deep balls. And if you know what you're watching, Hannibal did mix up coverages and fronts, brought pressure at times, and just played zone defense. LN's offense is the real deal. Their QB can throw it or take off and run. Hannibal's ILBs simply could not keep up with him. If you drop more in to coverage, you have a light box, and give up the run against a QB that can obviously take advantage of it.
I stand corrected on the fact it was the number two running a quick scissor route with number one on the outside for two of the long bombs for tds. North lined up each time and signaled the play in after seeing all three defenders matching up with trips within 8 yards. Slot defender got picked by the corner running with one and ball went over the top. After seeing that I’d say the D coordinator called a flawless game and the game plan was executed to perfection by keeping most defenders close to the line of scrimmage and prevented them from not only defending the deep pass but also helping to rally to the ball. They only allowed I think 7-8 offensive touchdowns. Thank you for pointing out my error and defending giving up one of the highest point totals in Hannibal defensive history.

I stand corrected on the fact it was the number two running a quick scissor route with number one on the outside for two of the long bombs for tds. North lined up each time and signaled the play in after seeing all three defenders matching up with trips within 8 yards. Slot defender got picked by the corner running with one and ball went over the top. After seeing that I’d say the D coordinator called a flawless game and the game plan was executed to perfection by keeping most defenders close to the line of scrimmage and prevented them from not only defending the deep pass but also helping to rally to the ball. They only allowed I think 7-8 offensive touchdowns. Thank you for pointing out my error and defending giving up one of the highest point totals in Hannibal defensive history.
I didn't defend anything. I simply corrected what you said. Obviously, giving up that many points is terrible. Even with allowing a KO return for a TD and the interception that got returned inside the 10 if not closer, the defense did not have a good game. I give more credit to LN having a great QB and some very fast skill guys than Hannibal just being bad on defense.

Private schools suck. They need their own separate MSHSAA private school division with their own classes!
I agree 100% with ya, Private Schools shouldn’t be able to play for a state championship or even be in the playoffs. Just make Class 1-5 Public and Class 6 Private

1. Private Schools Recruit and Public schools don’t and I better not want hear someone say different. They’re have been about 3 Public Schools that have been dominating In football for the past 10 years and that’s is Webb City, Lamar, and Blair Oaks.

2. I bet some of these Private schools fans probably don’t know who they’re players are since most Private school players come from other schools districts and even other states.

3. We will see about 6 to 7 Private Schools in Columbia for the state Championships and I could see at least 3 or 4 Privates winning a State Championship and maybe if they’re is upsets All 6 Classes could have Privates winning their Individual Classes.

I am going off topic but why don’t Mshsaa reseed the districts Champions after District played?

You wouldnt be happy with that either. You would then be complaining about having to travel somewhere.
Teams are already traveling long miles. Jeff City just drove almost four hours to the Arkansas-Oklahoma border or Hannibal and West Plains traveling four hours traveling to each other's place last few years. Reseeding gets better playoff match-ups including a state game worth watching and not a blowout.

Reactions: 65TPT and 2old2slow
Teams are already traveling long miles. Jeff City just drove almost four hours to the Arkansas-Oklahoma border or Hannibal and West Plains traveling four hours traveling to each other's place last few years. Reseeding gets better playoff match-ups including a state game worth watching and not a blowout.
Personally, I would be fine with it. But history here says that the dude I was talking to would not be happy with it. Because it would still not result in a state title for his school. So he would complain about anything and everything.

Personally, I would be fine with it. But history here says that the dude I was talking to would not be happy with it. Because it would still not result in a state title for his school. So he would complain about anything and everything.
I wouldn’t complain about it at all. Lutheran North would still win the state championship. They were the best team last night. Hannibal just stinks on defense every year and out. I just think it be better then what playoff system we have now. If you look at it Jeff City Made it Farther then Hannibal and Hannibal was definitely a better team then Jeff city. I hope Jeff City makes it to state in 2 weeks.

If they reseeded after districts this what it would look like

1 Lutheran North vs 8 McDonald County
2. Hillsboro vs 7 Pacific
3 Hannibal vs 6 Jeff City
4 Kearney vs 5 Nevada

• Haha
Reactions: TadQueasy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT