ADVERTISEMENT

Lutheran North vs Hannibal

2old2slow

Sep 6, 2002
Where is the game being played? Does Lutheran North have lights on their field? Rumor was the game was being played at Missouri Baptist.

I heard they are looking into playing the game somewhere other than Lutheran North. The seating and capacity there are not up to par with a game of this quality. Missouri Baptist is probably not going to be big enough either. That stadium has the press box and concession area in the middle, splitting the bleachers in half. It only has a seating capacity of 1,000. No bleachers on the visitor side.

Reactions: 2old2slow
Being that they already moved it to Friday night, they probably have a location in mind but probably not finalized as of yet. Part of the reason I think they want to for sure move it is so many of Lutheran North's players have college visits planned for Saturday and having the game on Saturday throws a wrench in that.

Being that they already moved it to Friday night, they probably have a location in mind but probably not finalized as of yet. Part of the reason I think they want to for sure move it is so many of Lutheran North's players have college visits planned for Saturday and having the game on Saturday throws a wrench in that.
They are talking right now. Then MSHSAA has to approve. Just talked to HHSAD, should be a decision soon.

After watching game film on North’s last 5 games (starting with the loss to Maryville) it is safe to say North has athletes but they don’t like getting hit. North also hasn’t had a close game in a month or played a team that was decent since maryville. Seems like North is healthy and with their QB rolling they are fast on offense and can spread the ball around. north’s defense is suspect and will give up points. Hannibal’s biggest weakness (as always) is pass defense and it could be their downfall once again. On the other hand, North hasn’t played many downhill running teams and how will they respond to a steady 1 - 2 punch of Aneyeas Williams and Mike Ferreira. Might be enough to keep north off the field and off balance offensively. Nobody except Helias game 1 of the year has slowed Hannibal down (Williams was far from 100 percent) and same goes for North when their QB was playing. There’s going to be a lot of points scored but Hannibal wins the turnover battle and Aneyeas rushes for at least another 250 and 5 tds. Hannibal 48 - North 42.

Lutheran North defense is crazy fast. Watch game film on when they played Blair Oaks. Running on them is important problem as they get into the back field quick with their DBs and blitzes. Get them to spread out and not load up in the box. If your 1 dimensional and not spreading them out then you wont be able to run on them.

Watch the Blair Oaks / LN game film. It was a game where everyone was healthy and Blair Oaks played them pretty well but just came up short. Then you will have a better idea what your up against.

Last edited:
They are playing at Lutheran North, Bringing in lights and extra bleachers. Just talked to HHSAD. Will be an interesting site/sight and game.
Just google mapped the site. Hope they are bringing in parking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, Hannibal will bring at least 400+ maybe even more. Hannibal game at holt couple weeks ago. Hannibal had the whole Holt visitor section filled and they’re were still at least 70+ People standing. I love how they said bring a chair or blanket. And Hannibal is even gonna bring their band. Where are the band members gonna sit at?

If look at the MSHSAA Football manual page 13. The Minimum requirements for hosting a Class 4 Quarterfinal and semifinals games is 1900. Lutheran North probably only can hold 1000 maybe even less

Last edited:
I agree, Hannibal will bring at least 400+ maybe even more. Hannibal game at holt couple weeks ago. Hannibal had the whole Holt visitor section filled and they’re were still at least 70+ People standing. I love how they said bring a chair or blanket. And Hannibal is even gonna bring their band. Where are the band members gonna sit at?

Check out the location on google maps. MSHSAA bungles another one!!!!!!!! approving this site for a night game.

That facility can only fit 150-200 max. This is a joke if this was truly approved. There is only a little room to be add bleachers. There is a hill that surrounds most of the field and so those areas don't support adding bleachers. If you fill the flat areas with bleachers then maybe you can get 700 or less. This is not suitable for a Class 4 game and MSHSAA should be notified.

• Love
The Hannibal webcast link does not go to MSHSAA.tv either. That is also against MSHSAA rules. All games have to go through MSHSAA.tv from districts on. What in the world is approving this crap?

Where is everyone parking? Valet parking courtesy of MSHSAA employees. lol
They have plenty of parking in all the practice fields. Just hope it doesn't rain. But you better bring lawn chairs just in case. LOL

The Hannibal webcast link does not go to MSHSAA.tv either. That is also against MSHSAA rules. All games have to go through MSHSAA.tv from districts on. What in the world is approving this crap?
There is zero accountability from MSHSAA. Nobody knows which nimrod comes up with the worst of the worst ideas.

Terrible organization.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I didn’t get a chance to see that film yet but agree they are the fastest team I’ve seen this year besides C. Ritter. I think that’s why you don’t see hannibal getting too fancy or trying to get outside or throw the ball. You may see 80 run plays from hannibal with 40 plus to Aneyeas and then some play action looking for the tight end. Also, don’t be surprised if hannibal puts a couple people who typically only play offense out there for D if they need a stop.

Rope off the endzones and let people stand on the track. No better atmosphere than people right on top of you. Could make for one of the best high school atmospheres and games this year. Just looking at google maps, it looks similar in size to Bowling Green. It was a great atmosphere last year for the BO and BG game and I will guess LN will not have near as many fans as either of those schools.

Last edited:
i have a couples issues to addressed about this situation. I have no issues with Hannibal playing at Lutheran North or the location of the game. If Lutheran North would of found a neutral site that could hold a capacity of a Class 4 Quarterfinal game and a stadium that was Grass not turf.

My issues are Hannibal brings over 500+ people for playoff games and with this being Aneyas last year I say 1/2 of Hannibal fans has came to almost every Hannibal away game this year. Another reason they’re be a issues is they’re could be more fans that want come see the game that aint fans of Lutheran and Hannibal but they just want come watch the game.

My biggest issue is either MSHSAA or Lutheran North breaking the rules in the MSHSAA handbook. The Minimum Quarterfinal hosting capacity for a Class 4 game is 1900.

@ChaoticFanatic could vouch for me, Last year Hannibal made about 5 hour trip to west plains on a Friday night and Hannibal had about 300+ people

i have a couples issues to addressed about this situation. I have no issues with Hannibal playing at Lutheran North or the location of the game. If Lutheran North would of found a neutral site that could hold a capacity of a Class 4 Quarterfinal game and a stadium that was Grass not turf.

My issues are Hannibal brings over 500+ people for playoff games and with this being Aneyas last year I say 1/2 of Hannibal fans has came to almost every Hannibal away game this year. Another reason they’re be a issues is they’re could be more fans that want come see the game that aint fans of Lutheran and Hannibal but they just want come watch the game.

My biggest issue is either MSHSAA or Lutheran North breaking the rules in the MSHSAA handbook. The Minimum Quarterfinal hosting capacity for a Class 4 game is 1900.

@ChaoticFanatic could vouch for me, Last year Hannibal made about 5 hour trip to west plains on a Friday night and Hannibal had about 300+ people
I think it is recommended and not required on the seating capacity.

• Haha
If I’m Lutheran North I am doing everything I can to keep the game at my school. They are a class 2 school bumped to class 4 because of success(and private, recruit etc say what you want) but they still deserve a home game in the quarters regardless of how many people the stadium holds and I am wanting Hannibal to win. Granted they played some other neutral sight games this year but those were less obviously important than the playoffs and they probably didn’t care.

If I’m Lutheran North I am doing everything I can to keep the game at my school. They are a class 2 school bumped to class 4 because of success(and private, recruit etc say what you want) but they still deserve a home game in the quarters regardless of how many people the stadium holds and I am wanting Hannibal to win. Granted they played some other neutral sight games this year but those were less obviously important than the playoffs and they probably didn’t care.
The kids from both sides deserve a proper venue. It may be the last time someone important to them gets to watch them play. Stadium should be up to par or not used.

• Love
The kids from both sides deserve a proper venue. It may be the last time someone important to them gets to watch them play. Stadium should be up to par or not used.
That’s one way to look at it or you can look at it like can you come into my house and win? The kids “deserve” to play on their home field since that’s what they chose. I’m sure the players wanted it at their field and who wouldn’t want your potential last game to be at home? The only better way to end it is at the dome. If Hannibal can go in there under those so called terrible conditions then hats off to them and it’s first come first serve to some high intensity football. It’s going to create a great atmosphere and I hope they keep the venue there.

Reactions: 65TPT
That’s one way to look at it or you can look at it like can you come into my house and win? The kids “deserve” to play on their home field since that’s what they chose. I’m sure the players wanted it at their field and who wouldn’t want your potential last game to be at home? The only better way to end it is at the dome. If Hannibal can go in there under those so called terrible conditions then hats off to them and it’s first come first serve to some high intensity football. It’s going to create a great atmosphere and I hope they keep the venue there.
This will be memorable for the game site alone!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT