ADVERTISEMENT

Lutheran North vs Hannibal

Aneyeas is at 100 percent and there should be no excuses from Hannibal. You don’t ever hear any coaches making excuses for losses. You put your best 11 against their best 11 and see who comes out on top. All this talk about the fans and the stadium is pointless and comes from a bunch of people who forget none of that matter. Can Hannibal have long sustained drives with the occasional home run from Aneyas? You might see old school 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust all the way down the field if necessary. If Lutheran stays in the 6-1 look with their middle back 8 yds deep and safeties on the hashes i could see veer and dive option all day. Make a couple plays on defense and hannibal walks away with it.
The coaches may not but the fan base sure has for the last two years. I didn't even have to leave this thread to find an example.

Nobody except Helias game 1 of the year has slowed Hannibal down (Williams was far from 100 percent)

Aneyeas is at 100 percent and there should be no excuses from Hannibal. You don’t ever hear any coaches making excuses for losses. You put your best 11 against their best 11 and see who comes out on top. All this talk about the fans and the stadium is pointless and comes from a bunch of people who forget none of that matter. Can Hannibal have long sustained drives with the occasional home run from Aneyas? You might see old school 3.5 yards and a cloud of dust all the way down the field if necessary. If Lutheran stays in the 6-1 look with their middle back 8 yds deep and safeties on the hashes i could see veer and dive option all day. Make a couple plays on defense and hannibal walks away with it.
I kinda feel the same. I think Hannibal is the favorite here, even on the road.

If Lutheran stays in the 6-1 look with their middle back 8 yds deep and safeties on the hashes i could see veer and dive option all day. Make a couple plays on defense and hannibal walks away with it.
Others plays I see Hannibal doing alot is the RB screen pass, Wheel route to Aneyas, and the play where aneyas lined up at TE position and motion towards the QB and the QB pitches aneyas the ball, can’t think what it called

Others plays I see Hannibal doing alot is the RB screen pass, Wheel route to Aneyas, and the play where aneyas lined up at TE position and motion towards the QB and the QB pitches aneyas the ball, can’t think what it called
Not legal ! He can’t go in motion from TE spot. Sorry to nitpick, but that would put too many players in the backfield !

In regards to St. Louis athletics and rules MSHSAA be like.
giphy.gif

I am disagreeing on some of the comments that some people made. We’re not scared to play inner St. Louis. Just from google maps Hannibal people were saying that the visitor side looks tiny.

The only issue I heard coming from anyone who actually has anything to do with the school, was if there was enough seating, parking. etc on the visitor's side. I've heard some fans may have been questioning playing there or not, but not the actual team.
Carl Reed is chiming in on X with his 2 cents making it sound like Hannibal didn't want to play there. Everyone knows where his allegiance lies. GTFOH!

Last edited:
Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Pretty sure Lincoln Prep had to host at a different site for exactly this reason. They didn't meet the recommended seating requirements for a quarterfinal game according MSHSAA. Might be more to it than that but if not I'm confused why they wouldn't have to move this game?

Reactions: Herman.Boone
The only issue I heard coming from anyone who actually has anything to do with the school, was if there was enough seating, parking. etc on the visitor's side. I've heard some fans may have been questioning playing there or not, but not the actual team.
Carl Reed is chiming in on X with his 2 cents making it sound like Hannibal didn't want to play there. Everyone know where his allegiance lies. GTFOH!
the name Carl Reed should be considered a slur. Dude struggled to have successful programs after getting 3-5 star kids to come play for him. MO HSFB is better with him as a journalist.

Pretty sure Lincoln Prep had to host at a different site for exactly this reason. They didn't meet the recommended seating requirements for a quarterfinal game according MSHSAA. Might be more to it than that but if not I'm confused why they wouldn't have to move this game?
Private school. The rules don't apply.

Reactions: KevAn92
Well your wrong about that . Westminster move their game against Blair Oaks at Parkway West tmrw night. But Lutheran North couldn’t move there game? Hannibal is about 3 times bigger than Lutheran North but Westminster is not even 2 times bigger than Blair Oaks Interesting? More Like MSHSAA Favoritism
They tried to play saturday, but had to move due to lack of lights I heard

Those home bleachers look like they hold 1,000 max, maybe less.

The visitors bleachers can’t hold more than maybe 250 at the most and they sit about 60 feet further away from the field than the home bleachers do.

I’d say the legitimate total capacity there is 1,000-1,200

Not near enough.

Carl Reed is chiming in on X with his 2 cents making it sound like Hannibal didn't want to play there. Everyone knows where his allegiance lies. GTFOH!
Is that different from the Mosports Intelligentsia commenting on here? We know where their allegiance lies. GTFOH!

Reactions: 2old2slow
Is that different from the Mosports Intelligentsia commenting on here? We know where their allegiance lies. GTFOH!
Very different considering one group does it out of an appreciation and love for HSFB while the other does it for clout and a paycheck

I personally have talked about and rooted for many different teams (although I am obviously a Smithville fan) and I know that is the case for many on here. Also it can't be "just like everyone else" when everyone else is not getting paid for it or putting it on social media. I'm open to being wrong but it usually takes examples and facts to back that up........ of which neither has been provided

I personally have talked about and rooted for many different teams (although I am obviously a Smithville fan) and I know that is the case for many on here. Also it can't be "just like everyone else" when everyone else is not getting paid for it or putting it on social media. I'm open to being wrong but it usually takes examples and facts to back that up........ of which neither has been provided
My opinion. Not expecting to convince you or anybody else. Likewise on yours.

Reactions: KevAn92
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT