ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting developments MICDS vs Hillsboro

cardsfan200306

Nov 4, 2022
KFMO is claiming weather cut game short and it's over, Hillsboro coach refutes that and says they are refusing to come and finish the game. Let's get our popcorn out and watch the X war

MICDS was given the option earlier Friday morning to simply move the game to Saturday Evening, so weather would not be an issue. They wanted to play tonight. When the game was delayed they were told again that we had officials for Saturday to finish the game. Hillsboro Coaches and administration were told that they would have starters not available to play Saturday. Not much else to it.

So did they finish the game last night? Is 21-14 the final? Or are they finishing the game today? Or Monday?

MICDS signed a contract to play Friday night. Hillsboro doesn't have the sole authority to change the terms of the contract. MICDS has to agree to any new terms.

MICDS signed a contract to play Friday night. Hillsboro doesn't have the sole authority to change the terms of the contract. MICDS has to agree to any new terms.
If weather won’t allow, I’d assume you are correct.

They also signed a contract to play 4 quarters. Mshsaa will be the one to settle this mess
YhOiA47.jpg

That's new as of a hour or 2 ago. Either micds reported it without it being resolved or mshsaa does what it always does and sides with the privates.
The coaches are usually the ones that enter the score on MSHSAA. It technically only takes one coach to enter it and the automatic computer system fills it out for the other teams behalf. My guess is that MICDS coach just entered it this morning. Hillsboro sounded like they were not accepting the results of an unfinished game with almost half the game left to play. Long story short just because it’s entered on the website doesn’t mean MSHSAA has made a ruling already.

Why don’t they just man up and finish the game Sunday or Monday even? What’s their excuse for refusing to finish?

Why don’t they just man up and finish the game Sunday or Monday even? What’s their excuse for refusing to finish?
Because they have multiple key players out of town because of the labor day weekend. They won't play without them.

Here's where the plot thickens: MICDS requested for the game to be moved up to 6:00 PM to beat the rain. However, Hillsboro said no. If I'm not mistaken MICDS will get the win and nothing can be done about it anyway. If that's all true then that's more on Hillsboro for not agreeing to starting the game earlier, which to me sounded like a fair compromise.
You have that 100% wrong which doesn't surprise me because Noone can seem to read a rulebook these days. The only way micds wins is if both teams agree to call it at the current point which Hillsboro is not doing. Since that is the case rules state that it must be continued from the point it was stopped and failure to do so by a team will be considered a forfeit.

Reactions: Treadmill
The coaches are usually the ones that enter the score on MSHSAA. It technically only takes one coach to enter it and the automatic computer system fills it out for the other teams behalf. My guess is that MICDS coach just entered it this morning. Hillsboro sounded like they were not accepting the results of an unfinished game with almost half the game left to play.

Here's where the plot thickens: MICDS requested for the game to be moved up to 6:00 PM to beat the rain. However, Hillsboro said no. If I'm not mistaken MICDS will get the win and nothing can be done about it anyway. If that's all true then that's more on Hillsboro for not agreeing to starting the game earlier, which to me sounded like a fair compromise.
You have this completely backwards. Hillsboro is the ones that offered to move the game Friday morning due to incoming weather. This was stated on twitter/X the Friday night almost immediately following the delay by one of the Hillsboro coaches. I would assume that is why the school is frustrated. MICDS is in the wrong here. To further prove that below is a direct quote from the MSHSAA Football Manual that shows that MICDS will either have to call the game a wash or forfeit because its very evident both schools did not agree on ending the game with 17 minutes of playing time left.

MSHSAA Football Manual (page 11 section H part J)

“HANDLING CONTESTS DURING HAZARDOUS WEATHER CONDITIONS - SEE SECTION 1.F for REFERENCE
Note: Games interrupted because of events beyond the control of the responsible administrative authority shall be continued from the point of interruption, unless the teams mutually agree to terminate the game with existing score

MSHSAA Football Manual (page 9 Section E part 14)

“Forfeited Games: Are defined as those games scheduled and never contested, games started but not concluded because one team refuses to complete the contest or when a team uses an ineligible player”

In my opinion MICDS should have to take the forfeit. Having players gone for vacation should not be an acceptable reason.
Ultimately if they decide not to reschedule and Hillsboro doesn’t back down, that’s what will happen.

In all actuality, this is what is going to happen. And I’m being dead serious (except for the names). Thurston III’s daddy, who is also a very successful and well-known divorce attorney in Ladue will file an injunction. All his buddies at Old Warson (he’s not real money, so he couldn’t get in to STLCC) call him T2. After it’s filed his team of investigators will try to dig up some dirt on Boro. If they find anything, they’ll use it as leverage for Boro to back down and accept the no contest. If no dirt is found they’ll bury MSHSAA council in paperwork until MSHSAA council cries uncle. In the end, it will wind up being a no contest.

Reactions: FootOnTheGas
What made the most sense was simply moving the game to Saturday evening when weather would not have been an issue at all. In the end everyone should want kids to get to play a full football game. Nobody is even going to start a game, with incoming weather, in the future if one team can simply take their ball and run without completing the game.

What made the most sense was simply moving the game to Saturday evening when weather would not have been an issue at all. In the end everyone should want kids to get to play a full football game. Nobody is even going to start a game, with incoming weather, in the future if one team can simply take their ball and run without completing the game.
They can't that's why it's in the rulebook

Ultimately if they decide not to reschedule and Hillsboro doesn’t back down, that’s what will happen.

In all actuality, this is what is going to happen. And I’m being dead serious (except for the names). Thurston III’s daddy, who is also a very successful and well-known divorce attorney in Ladue will file an injunction. All his buddies at Old Warson (he’s not real money, so he couldn’t get in to STLCC) call him T2. After it’s filed his team of investigators will try to dig up some dirt on Boro. If they find anything, they’ll use it as leverage for Boro to back down and accept the no contest. If no dirt is found they’ll bury MSHSAA council in paperwork until MSHSAA council cries uncle. In the end, it will wind up being a no contest.
Have a friend who is an admin at one of the high $$$ school districts; he said it has happened numerous times where discipline is to be dealt out and in the next blink there is an attorney in the office wanting to get details, and the family and student will say "all further info needs to go through the attorney".

In my corner of the world, Labor Day weekend and Memorial day weekend are sacred as, in mass, the population moves to "The Lake'" Lucky the FB game has not been moved to Thursday before Labor Day and if we missed 3 weeks of school due to ice/snow, no matter what those days will be made up in time so we do not have to go back after Memorial Day.
All said an done, looks to me it will only be a minor deal for seeding for districts.

In my corner of the world, Labor Day weekend and Memorial day weekend are sacred as, in mass, the population moves to "The Lake'" Lucky the FB game has not been moved to Thursday before Labor Day and if we missed 3 weeks of school due to ice/snow, no matter what those days will be made up in time so we do not have to go back after Memorial Day.
All said an done, looks to me it will only be a minor deal for seeding for districts.
Hard head makes for a soft ass enjoy the 13-0 forfeit loss

MICDS should have to forfeit but it probably won't change much

So if everyone takes those weekends off, and you head to the lake. I guess you should expect no one to be working at the boat slips and there to help you fill up your boat with gas. As you say it is sacred so the working world shuts down and everyone is off. Got It.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT