ADVERTISEMENT

Does Webb City win another GAME this season?

So nothing but personal attacks? If that is all you have, you've lost the argument.
Hahahaha not even an argument. You trying to drag proof out of a 10 year old situation. It's ok if you need a win that bad we will give you one.

Jimmy Kimmel Abc GIF by Emmys

Dude it's asanine that this is the universal excuse for losing to Webb city I was at Webb k thru the start of sophomore year then we moved to cj whenever I was asked where I came from the 1st thing said after that was always "Webb City recruits"

BTW if you're who I think you are I'll never forget that 11 inning district championship thriller in 04 the odd thing is both times we beat yall that year I was the winning pitcher and I never heard anything from my Webb friends about being recruited to cj
I am who you think I am . We should have won that game lol . I hit what should have been the game winning run in the 7th and the base runner messed up then got thrown out at the plate and ejected for running over the catcher .

Last edited:
I know how the Washington kid ended up at Webb. I heard Webb was trying to get him to move to a Webb household 6 months before it happened.

We did our research when we moved from out of state. We narrowed it down to CJ and Webb, who both had good academic numbers. We chose CJ because of academics and thought Webb focused too much on sports.
When I was at CJ they explicitly told us that sports didn't matter and they weren't focused on it. That only stopped in the past 15 years or so.

Dude it's asanine that this is the universal excuse for losing to Webb city I was at Webb k thru the start of sophomore year then we moved to cj whenever I was asked where I came from the 1st thing said after that was always "Webb City recruits"

BTW if you're who I think you are I'll never forget that 11 inning district championship thriller in 04 the odd thing is both times we beat yall that year I was the winning pitcher and I never heard anything from my Webb friends about being recruited to cj
Also I had the polar opposite experience of you . I lived in cj until the tornado my senior year . My dad was a football and head baseball coach at Webb so I went to school there free . I also played all my youth sports for cj ( because it was easier on my parents ) and and all my friends would call me a traitor when if face them in all star districts and have 16 strikeouts

I know how the Washington kid ended up at Webb. I heard Webb was trying to get him to move to a Webb household 6 months before it happened.
As Hitch said, I am fairly certain this all centered around an unfortunate family situation. Similar to the WR from Joplin that ended up in Carthage. Kids real life challenges that are dragged into some folks internet talking point are not stellar example of recruitment.

I am who you think I am . We should have won that game lol . I hit what should have been the game winning run in the 7th and the base runner messed up then got thrown out at the plate and ejected for running over the catcher . Then in the 9th we made a miraculous double play to extend the game when I picked up a shitty throw from 3rd . You're welcome for knocking out Seneca and Scott Elbert from that tournament
We watched the seneca game the night before if i remember correct Drake lead off that game and hit a piss missile off the flag pole in center for and inside the parker I knew at that point they we're done you could see that demoralized them
Man that game had an amazing play or 2 in every half inning well after the 5th or 6th when we tied it at 5 after being down 5 2 I'd give anything to find a video of it

P.s we beat Scott couple times both years I played him every time on a squeeze bunt to win 1-0 it was Lucas Harrell and ozark that had our number

Hahahaha not even an argument. You trying to drag proof out of a 10 year old situation. It's ok if you need a win that bad we will give you one.

Jimmy Kimmel Abc GIF by Emmys

I used the term "argument" in its rhetorical sense, as in "a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong." When I say you "lost" the argument, I only mean that your reasons/proof were not persuasive (or more appropriately, non-existent); it isn't as if I'm Joey (no offense to him, of course) crowing on ad nauseam about being right, I'm just saying that you had no proof and your logic did not persuade me.

Perhaps it is just that you and I are fundamentally different. Basically, it seems like you want to live in a world where you can throw all sorts of accusations around with neither proof nor scrutiny. I do not choose to live that way.

Also, the "participation award" thing is pretty worn out, almost cliche nowadays.

Reactions: Arcola and I2R I
Do you ever drive past the plants on Zora?
My post was sarcastic, although I’m sure Joplin played a minor role in setting that up. If those jobs are that tantalizing, then Joplin should have been successful recruiters as well.

I think Webb City's run shoes just how GOOD John Roderique was. How many times on here have peeps said the Webb City was good but never had D1 talent. What made them play like a well-oild machine was Roderique. He had some magical way of motiviating Webb players to do things they thought they couldn't do and to believe they were the best team on the field when they weren't was something that will likely never be repeated again in Webb. Without that extra "Oomph" that Roderique had, Webb City is now playing like the team many thought they were,

I think Webb City's run shoes just how GOOD John Roderique was. How many times on here have peeps said the Webb City was good but never had D1 talent. What made them play like a well-oild machine was Roderique. He had some magical way of motiviating Webb players to do things they thought they couldn't do and to believe they were the best team on the field when they weren't was something that will likely never be repeated again in Webb. Without that extra "Oomph" that Roderique had, Webb City is now playing like the team many thought they were,
1. Webb, nor anyone else, will hire another coach like Rod again.

2. If someone gets lucky and hires a coach like Rod he will take a college job as soon as he can.

Webb got lucky twice.

No sir those of us with real town pride don't want to be like Webb, I hate the recruiting they did understanding their are some legit move ins but there was also a lot of recruiting and I prefer to watch local talent earn the wins not have it recruited in. But to each theor own you can want what you want that's what makes America great
What a moron.

2. If someone gets lucky and hires a coach like Rod he will take a college job as soon as he can.

Webb got lucky twice.
Rod, Pete, and Shore. Probably broke the mold. One just a little after the other. Some huge similarities with all three.

Webb got lucky twice.
Why did J-Rod retire at such a young age?

Rod probable could have gone another 10 years? When Monett hired Ben his dad came over the man is 66 and still loves coaching kids.

Shore and Hancock along with several other good ones, coached into their 60's

Did J-Rod see the talent was going to dry up and got out on top?

Rod probable could have gone another 10 years? When Monett hired Ben his dad came over the man is 66 and still loves coaching kids.

dicaprio-maybe.gif

Some of us know and no. Personal life chocies so quit msnbc'n this topic and move on.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
This is a nice post . Just my opinion, but history tells us dynasties run their course and come to an end. Back in the day, I remember it being Jeff City. Where have they been? Camdenton not as dominant as they once were. Joplin/Parkwood had a decent run. (And I’m talking public schools primarily). Any way, I’m thinking they have next year to rebound (quarter appearance min). If not, a 7 win or less season and it teeters on becoming the new norm.
It is my belief that there were games WC was not the best team on the field during their run, but they won, not because they thought they could, but because they knew they would. That played in their opponents minds too. It was an expected outcome. That is gone.
I don't know the situation at Webb currently, but being around the JC area and watching Camdenton. A lot changed when administration changed. Camdenton has their own problems and JC is a disaster and has been for awhile. I don't think anyone was going to replace J Rod, but not sure if there have been other changes within the district or not.

Reactions: TadQueasy
Some of us know and no. Personal life chocies so quit msnbc'n this topic and move on.
Not trying to Msnbc things whatever that means? Just seems like he had so much more left in the tank, and now Webb is down, so it can make you wonder. Many are saying it I just thought I would ask, and Heck it would not be the first time and it has happened, Monett had a coach go out on top, coaches can see what is coming up.

Not saying its a bad thing either you put in your time and if you can call your shot at the end instead of getting it called for you then great. Go spend time with family enjoy everything you have earned.

Webb makes the state title game last year if Rod is coaching. Not sure if they could have beaten Ritter.

Am I remembering right that Rod is the AD? If so that is a pretty difficult situation for him with how things have gone so far this year. You know the pressure of the community and fans is growing. I am sure he wants to be loyal to one of his guys. And no matter what this guy does he is going to be in the shadow of the AD.

Not trying to Msnbc things whatever that means? Just seems like he had so much more left in the tank, and now Webb is down, so it can make you wonder. Many are saying it I just thought I would ask, and Heck it would not be the first time and it has happened, Monett had a coach go out on top, coaches can see what is coming up.

Not saying its a bad thing either you put in your time and if you can call your shot at the end instead of getting it called for you then great. Go spend time with family enjoy everything you have earned.
Webb has a down senior class. Just like 2016 when you all were calling for jrod to hang it up. They have several massive talent classes behind this down to 6th grade if all stay in the program. Looking for things that arent there
.msnbc"n

Webb has a down senior class. Just like 2016 when you all were calling for jrod to hang it up. They have several massive talent classes behind this down to 6th grade if all stay in the program. Looking for things that arent there
.msnbc"n

Wasn't Webb 9-3 in 2016? ... it's easy to see how anyone jumping off the J Rod train might have been over-reacting. This team is probably going 3-9 and are led by a guy who had three losing seasons in five years at Seneca.

I don't have anything against the new guy, but Webb has had one of the state's top coaches — if not the top coach — since 1988.

Right now, I'm not sure you could make a convincing argument that they have one of the top five coaches in the COC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT