ADVERTISEMENT

Does Webb City win another GAME this season?

So nothing but personal attacks? If that is all you have, you've lost the argument.
Hahahaha not even an argument. You trying to drag proof out of a 10 year old situation. It's ok if you need a win that bad we will give you one.

Jimmy Kimmel Abc GIF by Emmys

People move their kids to CJ for academics...not sports
We did our research when we moved from out of state. We narrowed it down to CJ and Webb, who both had good academic numbers. We chose CJ because of academics and thought Webb focused too much on sports.

Reactions: I2R I
I went to Webb my whole k-12 career . We had one kid move in from Utah because his parents died and he moved in with his grandparents but other than him ....every person I graduated with went to Webb for 12 years . The only examples of kids transferring under strange circumstances are in like 05 ' mssu coaches kid transfered to Webb . He was flagged and didn't play his senior year ( he wouldn't have started anyways ) . The Washington kid a few years ago had a strange home life and ended up at Webb at some point but I think that was because of his bad family life . I think the Hoffman kids played in cj when they were kids . Ironically my ex wife lived in cj and her dad was a prominent politician and she went to Webb . She wasn't an athlete but she was a cheerleader. Her senior year her politician dad somehow pissed off Webb superintendent and she was forced to move in with her grandma in Webb or get expelled . I can think of more kids that moved from Joplin to Carthage than I can think of kids moving to Webb . The whole Webb recruits thing was just a looser mentality people cooked up to justify getting beat by them year after year . If you can sight examples lets hear it because it would be news to me .
Dude it's asanine that this is the universal excuse for losing to Webb city I was at Webb k thru the start of sophomore year then we moved to cj whenever I was asked where I came from the 1st thing said after that was always "Webb City recruits"

BTW if you're who I think you are I'll never forget that 11 inning district championship thriller in 04 the odd thing is both times we beat yall that year I was the winning pitcher and I never heard anything from my Webb friends about being recruited to cj

Dude it's asanine that this is the universal excuse for losing to Webb city I was at Webb k thru the start of sophomore year then we moved to cj whenever I was asked where I came from the 1st thing said after that was always "Webb City recruits"

BTW if you're who I think you are I'll never forget that 11 inning district championship thriller in 04 the odd thing is both times we beat yall that year I was the winning pitcher and I never heard anything from my Webb friends about being recruited to cj
I am who you think I am . We should have won that game lol . I hit what should have been the game winning run in the 7th and the base runner messed up then got thrown out at the plate and ejected for running over the catcher . Then in the 9th we made a miraculous double play to extend the game when I picked up a shitty throw from 3rd . You're welcome for knocking out Seneca and Scott Elbert from that tournament

I know how the Washington kid ended up at Webb. I heard Webb was trying to get him to move to a Webb household 6 months before it happened.

We did our research when we moved from out of state. We narrowed it down to CJ and Webb, who both had good academic numbers. We chose CJ because of academics and thought Webb focused too much on sports.
When I was at CJ they explicitly told us that sports didn't matter and they weren't focused on it. That only stopped in the past 15 years or so.

Also I had the polar opposite experience of you . I lived in cj until the tornado my senior year . My dad was a football and head baseball coach at Webb so I went to school there free . I also played all my youth sports for cj ( because it was easier on my parents ) and and all my friends would call me a traitor when if face them in all star districts and have 16 strikeouts

I know how the Washington kid ended up at Webb. I heard Webb was trying to get him to move to a Webb household 6 months before it happened.
As Hitch said, I am fairly certain this all centered around an unfortunate family situation. Similar to the WR from Joplin that ended up in Carthage. Kids real life challenges that are dragged into some folks internet talking point are not stellar example of recruitment.

Reactions: Baldguy and 7q
I am who you think I am . We should have won that game lol . I hit what should have been the game winning run in the 7th and the base runner messed up then got thrown out at the plate and ejected for running over the catcher . Then in the 9th we made a miraculous double play to extend the game when I picked up a shitty throw from 3rd . You're welcome for knocking out Seneca and Scott Elbert from that tournament
We watched the seneca game the night before if i remember correct Drake lead off that game and hit a piss missile off the flag pole in center for and inside the parker I knew at that point they we're done you could see that demoralized them
Man that game had an amazing play or 2 in every half inning well after the 5th or 6th when we tied it at 5 after being down 5 2 I'd give anything to find a video of it

P.s we beat Scott couple times both years I played him every time on a squeeze bunt to win 1-0 it was Lucas Harrell and ozark that had our number

Hahahaha not even an argument. You trying to drag proof out of a 10 year old situation. It's ok if you need a win that bad we will give you one.

Jimmy Kimmel Abc GIF by Emmys

I used the term "argument" in its rhetorical sense, as in "a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong." When I say you "lost" the argument, I only mean that your reasons/proof were not persuasive (or more appropriately, non-existent); it isn't as if I'm Joey (no offense to him, of course) crowing on ad nauseam about being right, I'm just saying that you had no proof and your logic did not persuade me.

Perhaps it is just that you and I are fundamentally different. Basically, it seems like you want to live in a world where you can throw all sorts of accusations around with neither proof nor scrutiny. I do not choose to live that way.

Also, the "participation award" thing is pretty worn out, almost cliche nowadays.

Do you ever drive past the plants on Zora?
My post was sarcastic, although I’m sure Joplin played a minor role in setting that up. If those jobs are that tantalizing, then Joplin should have been successful recruiters as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT