ADVERTISEMENT

Willard open

AC100

Jun 14, 2010
This tells me the coach doesn't think they have much coming back for next year. It also seems like a late decision so maybe something happened.

Who could leave those funnel cakes!?
1fe8e7c3-d1d9-405c-a01b-da44d9a07064_text.gif

I would think Willard would be a pretty decent gig. They have athletes or at least have in the past. I have not been able to figure out why they have struggled in football as much as they have.

In many coaching circles, everyone wants to stay away from Willard because of perceived administration/school board issues. That combined with pulling a lot of kids from the Northside of Springfield doesn't make this job overly desirable.

In many coaching circles, everyone wants to stay away from Willard because of perceived administration/school board issues. That combined with pulling a lot of kids from the Northside of Springfield doesn't make this job overly desirable.
It is kind of a strange geogrpahy. I think Willard has 2 maybe 3 schools that are inside Springfield city limits.

It is kind of a strange geogrpahy. I think Willard has 2 maybe 3 schools that are inside Springfield city limits.

It’s a massive district geographically. One intermediate and two elementary schools right there in northwest Springfield. Then you’ve got the little town of Willard itself, as well as quite a bit of rural area. Lots of different types of kids.

Last edited:
It’s a massive district geographically. One intermediate and two elementary schools right there in northwest Springfield. Then you’ve got the little town of Willard itself, as well as quite a bit of rural area. Lots of different types of kids.

Just to add to that, Willard shares a direct boundary with Hillcrest, Central, and Parkview on the eastern side of the district, Republic directly to the south, but also small rural districts like Ash Grove, Walnut Grove, and Marion C Early to the north. Just saying this because a lot of posters may not be familiar with what the district is actually like. People are often surprised with how big the school district is when they go through the town of Willard (not much there).

Reactions: Arcola
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT