ADVERTISEMENT

Chaminade 65, Oak Park 55 FINAL

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
This will depend on the fact the prior game just ended but should tip no later than 8:15. Here are some pre-game notes for each:

Oak Park (27-3): Been waiting for this team's huge chance literally since the buzzer sounded at Staley last year and here we go! Best win was an OT early season thriller over Vashon while worst loss probably was blowout (injury altered as it was) at Father Tolton. All season I touted the NKCSD this team swept the other C6 teams 4-0 (Staley, NKC).

Chaminade (21-9): Just like Cardinal Ritter the record is skewed by several (including a 6 game losing streak midseason) out of state top gun games. Like Oak Park their top win was over Vashon by 3 plus they swept recently crowned C5 champ DeSmet while worst loss had to be that blowout vs. Cardinal Ritter. Back to that losing streak remember they got blown out by Nationally infamous Imhotep out of Philly then had to turn around and play recent Nebraska largest class runner up Millard North out of Omaha the next day.

Unlike last year (Staley) I have a far more guarded optimism about Oak Park as they have been "getting by" more than I like of late but, to their credit, have not been toppled although Staley did take them to the buzzer losing by 1 in their district final. Chaminade is another STL school which I think (greatly) benefits from playing a top out of state slate. This one smells tossup but I will be a shameless homer and say the Northmen eke it out late.

Nice finish for OP there. Allen is playing extremely well and the lefty top of key 3 was key to that late run. No real feel for favorite here just yet.

Half ended ugly but Northmen attain a 4 point advantage has been the #11 show so far. Just my opinion but need more balance second half to win. Had Chaminade converted from charity stripe and down low this would be a different game.

Halftime adjustments. Chaminade is in huge foul trouble but forcing OP to hit deep 3s that are not falling plus going inside where they have a big edge.

Miracle bank shot to end 3rd may be a harbinger. Chaminade going Boeheim zone D in third with huge height advantage inside OP not hitting 3s one and done. Allen et al already look a bit gassed. Uncharted waters for OP.

The halftime D adjustment worked for Chaminade they are gonna get that blowout rematch with Ritter tomorrow night for the C6 title.

And that will do it for tonight! All STL championships boys and girls tomorrow. Not sure that has ever happened. Great season for OP and I know they have nucleus back next year PLEASE up that schedule!

11-loss Cardinal Ritter vs. 9-loss Chaminade. The loss ledgers alone read like a who's who of HSBB................I know some get sick of me saying it but schedule matters.

Allen fouls out at 59 secs to go.
This has been their weakness versus last year. His 6'6 older brother guarded the paint last year. Unfortunately, it put him into a lot more bad spots for foul trouble filling his spot.
They would've won state last year if not for the historically great Staley team.
Wouldn't be surprised if Allen transfers to Link for his senior year. His brother is in their college prep school now

Reactions: thetophat2021
This has been their weakness versus last year. His 6'6 older brother guarded the paint last year. Unfortunately, it put him into a lot more bad spots for foul trouble filling his spot.
They would've won state last year if not for the historically great Staley team.
Wouldn't be surprised if Allen transfers to Link for his senior year. His brother is in their college prep school now
I would say you could be right he certainly is good enough. Chaminade won because they clamped down on him and nobody else could pick up the slack.

This will depend on the fact the prior game just ended but should tip no later than 8:15. Here are some pre-game notes for each:

Oak Park (27-3): Been waiting for this team's huge chance literally since the buzzer sounded at Staley last year and here we go! Best win was an OT early season thriller over Vashon while worst loss probably was blowout (injury altered as it was) at Father Tolton. All season I touted the NKCSD this team swept the other C6 teams 4-0 (Staley, NKC).

Chaminade (21-9): Just like Cardinal Ritter the record is skewed by several (including a 6 game losing streak midseason) out of state top gun games. Like Oak Park their top win was over Vashon by 3 plus they swept recently crowned C5 champ DeSmet while worst loss had to be that blowout vs. Cardinal Ritter. Back to that losing streak remember they got blown out by Nationally infamous Imhotep out of Philly then had to turn around and play recent Nebraska largest class runner up Millard North out of Omaha the next day.

Unlike last year (Staley) I have a far more guarded optimism about Oak Park as they have been "getting by" more than I like of late but, to their credit, have not been toppled although Staley did take them to the buzzer losing by 1 in their district final. Chaminade is another STL school which I think (greatly) benefits from playing a top out of state slate. This one smells tossup but I will be a shameless homer and say the Northmen eke it out late.
Pre-championship Chaminade schedule augment: Imhotep is Maxpreps #30 in the Nation and Millard North is #63.

Link guards are 5*, and top 75 in the country. He’ll never play there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT