ADVERTISEMENT

John Burroughs 44, Marshfield 30 Final

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
I'm at work so this will be kinda spotty. Observations so far: Both teams cold from outside but Marshfield did get the one 3 of that quarter. It is the Final Four so everyone here is excellent but really impressed with Marshfield boy do they bring back some great Girls BB memories (late 80s in particular).

Marshfield is dictating the pace in this one so far. SO well disciplined O and D! JB still hitting nothing from outside. Will that change?

JB seems out of sorts today and Marshfield's D had a lot to do with it. Were I the Bombers would try quickening the pace they have gotten a number of turnovers/steals but the Jays definitely wanted that half court pace they established this half even though I've seen them like to run and gun but they have not nearly seen the size and speed JB possesses.

A very, very interesting one so far!

Jays still, to a degree, dictating the pace got the perfect timeout here as JB hit a loooong 3 and is trying to draw out. JB still has never trailed slack (perhaps 10 AM effect?) as they've looked overall.

Final score not quite indicative of the play in this one but JB definitely was the better squad. Speeding up the pace in the second half was the difference as this was very tight at half plus they started hitting their 3s.

Great effort by Marshfield (I am not a participation trophy guy) dictated the pace the entire first half never gave up especially love that FR coming off the bench wow does she have a future!

Up next is Lutheran St. Charles vs. Smithville at Noon.

Interesting footnote: JB's only 3 losses were all to Incarnate Word Academy by single digits. Augments the effort it will take to knock them off in tomorrow's Championship and how well Marshfield played to keep in range for around 2 3/4 quarters.

Reactions: O_ducks
Final score not quite indicative of the play in this one but JB definitely was the better squad. Speeding up the pace in the second half was the difference as this was very tight at half plus they started hitting their 3s.

Great effort by Marshfield (I am not a participation trophy guy) dictated the pace the entire first half never gave up especially love that FR coming off the bench wow does she have a future!

Up next is Lutheran St. Charles vs. Smithville at Noon.
Yea and that girl use to be at strafford. Dang she's good. Feel bad for us, but Katie should send Larsen a thank you card :) We would have been sooo different with the talent we had if they wouldn't have all left

Reactions: thetophat2021
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT