ADVERTISEMENT

We need a roll call who is all still here?

There usually isn't much activity this time of year until some of the previews start coming out. Which used to be around now but the last few years it seems to be getting later and later with thinner and thinner coverage. I'm not even sure if KOAM is doing theirs, I've heard literally nothing about it.

There usually isn't much activity this time of year until some of the previews start coming out. Which used to be around now but the last few years it seems to be getting later and later with thinner and thinner coverage. I'm not even sure if KOAM is doing theirs, I've heard literally nothing about it.
I am not sure any of the local channels in Joplin have any sports anchors that have been in Joplin more than 6 months. They probably have no idea.

I am not sure any of the local channels in Joplin have any sports anchors that have been in Joplin more than 6 months. They probably have no idea.
Man it gets annoying doesnt it? Couple on friday nights dont know how to name the towns correctly.

Reactions: bullitpdq68
giphy.gif

Yeah local news media has taken such a nosedive. They basically have an anchor, a weather person, a part time spots person and a couple foreign interns as reporters and whatever other grunt work needs done. And they are shared between stations because they are basically all the same company now.

I've seen the same story recycled for days before and now they are also doing these stupid segments that are basically infomercials disguised as news events. Since they don't have enough staff to fill an entire news segment they try and sell the airtime to local businesses.

Still on board. Just enjoy monitoring and throwing my two cents on occasion. I’m not involved in high school football in anyway anymore except as a spectator, but still have two more years before rule-of-80 and allowing PSRS to direct deposit me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT