ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is Responsible? My Suspects

I have a hard time understanding why/how that happened! I am still having success doing it. ONCE AGAIN what does whomever is doing this think he/she is accomplishing?
Well I know u won't hand count your ignores but maybe copy them then past into an excel sheet and see how many you are at.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I have a hard time understanding why/how that happened! I am still having success doing it. ONCE AGAIN what does whomever is doing this think he/she is accomplishing?
They are doing it for no other reason than to make money, not to sell anything but to generate a click.

Ignoring them is a bad thing because it generates a click when you do that and they make a fraction of a penny.

Better off to literally ignore the bot posts and just keep bumping real posts to the top of the message board. When they see activity on their posts stop they will go somewhere else

They are doing it for no other reason than to make money, not to sell anything but to generate a click.

Ignoring them is a bad thing because it generates a click when you do that and they make a fraction of a penny.

Better off to literally ignore the bot posts and just keep bumping real posts to the top of the message board. When they see activity on their posts stop they will go somewhere else
I would call this plausible were it just some standard issue bot attack but HOW do bots follow our accounts? Time will tell but appreciate your perspective/advice and will give this a try especially given there was only one bot account on my pg 1 thread list this morning.

You can ignore them without clicking on the post. On main forum page under their created thread just click on or hover over their username and click ignore. This is very fast very efficient and gets them nothing. Also probably the reason I have 1000 ignores

You can ignore them without clicking on the post. On main forum page under their created thread just click on or hover over their username and click ignore. This is very fast very efficient and gets them nothing. Also probably the reason I have 1000 ignores
You could unignore Toots and have one more to use.

I just got a message from a previously blocked bot account where another new one replied/reposted. Right after the R-word account posted. Again NO AI generated bot attack does that. What a sad, disgusting individual the one doing this truly is.
When I log out can see them all. Definitely not the size and scope of the mid-July attack but this reposting definitely means whomever is doing it is not nearly giving up. Man oh man I don't want to have to start posting names but......................if this continues into the season......................

Queef Queen cardsfan is one of my many ignores. Newbie jacktards..
Haha newbie, I was here talking SEMO football back in 2006 or 2007 , I'm talking the stolzer days in STE Gen. Brandon Bourbon in Potosi days, Joey Lewandowski down in Fredtown days. Don't play with me new child I've been in this HS football scene for awhile, only disappeared when I moved to Texas and was talking Texas football.

bots and phising attacks are just trying to get someone to actually click. It is brute force attack. So the method is to post as much garbage as all possible that out of all of those junk posts someone clicks a post just once so they can get their account details and use it to do it all over again. There is no way to stop it unless we had the admin of the board in place who can change the permissions on the board which would then block user creation by these garbage posters. As always I have a different board which the scammers will not follow already in place. All you have to do is create an account over there.

bots and phising attacks are just trying to get someone to actually click. It is brute force attack. So the method is to post as much garbage as all possible that out of all of those junk posts someone clicks a post just once so they can get their account details and use it to do it all over again. There is no way to stop it unless we had the admin of the board in place who can change the permissions on the board which would then block user creation by these garbage posters. As always I have a different board which the scammers will not follow already in place. All you have to do is create an account over there.
Definitely looking at doing that should this continue BUT I am also very militant about not daring to let whomever is doing this win.

Noticing the attack (super) intensifying after conversations and mention of the R- word again this afternoon. Little doubt where this is coming from now...............

Haha that is between you two. The R- word needs to get over himself if indeed the core of this which seems to be the case.
haha the only thing i have done to that man (using that term loosely) is not bow down to the great K, he cant stand that. It is literally his kryptonite

haha the only thing i have done to that man (using that term loosely) is not bow down to the great K, he cant stand that. It is literally his kryptonite
I am a Kearney grad as I would certainly hope everyone on this site knows BUT I worship neither my alma mater nor its head coach much as I admire his work.

Much as I love this community, to which I returned in 2012 after 20+ years in the city, I still get puzzled how this now suburb still has a few folks who seem to act like it is a small town and they are the only "authorities" on sports. I actually laugh at most of them or just shake my head and move on but my overall loyalty will never waver. A KDog since 1976 always will be................

I am a Kearney grad as I would certainly hope everyone on this site knows BUT I worship neither my alma mater nor its head coach much as I admire his work.

Much as I love this community, to which I returned in 2012 after 20+ years in the city, I still get puzzled how this now suburb still has a few folks who seem to act like it is a small town and they are the only "authorities" on sports. I actually laugh at most of them or just shake my head and move on but my overall loyalty will never waver. A KDog since 1976 always will be................
nothing wrong with wanting them to win thats a fan, being an arrogant ahole anytime someone speaks against them is crazy. It is Football you literally cannot be the best every year and the quicker you get ok with that the more fun being a fan becomes

nothing wrong with wanting them to win thats a fan, being an arrogant ahole anytime someone speaks against them is crazy. It is Football you literally cannot be the best every year and the quicker you get ok with that the more fun being a fan becomes
I have dealt with it elsewhere, too. I am sooooooo open I am the perpetual student who takes mental notes literally every single game and I've been attending since before high school. If this sport were truly predictable I wouldn't bother with it.

I have dealt with it elsewhere, too. I am sooooooo open I am the perpetual student who takes mental notes literally every single game and I've been attending since before high school. If this sport were truly predictable I wouldn't bother with it.
That is so trueee, There was a small town i followed back in them early days I mentioned. I was still a young feller at that point not out of HS but about 3 or 4 years. I made some comments on why our team lost in the state playoffs, just observations as I would do after watching any game, scrimmage, or practice. The coach proceeded to call me and try and belittle me for my post telling me that the boys knew who i was on here and that it was going to hurt them with what i said and that I should know better. I couldnt believe it because up until then that coach and I had one of the best relationships ever. I have not spoken to him since. It is sad that people cant talk about what happens on a field without people getting butthurt

That is so trueee, There was a small town i followed back in them early days I mentioned. I was still a young feller at that point not out of HS but about 3 or 4 years. I made some comments on why our team lost in the state playoffs, just observations as I would do after watching any game, scrimmage, or practice. The coach proceeded to call me and try and belittle me for my post telling me that the boys knew who i was on here and that it was going to hurt them with what i said and that I should know better. I couldnt believe it because up until then that coach and I had one of the best relationships ever. I have not spoken to him since. It is sad that people cant talk about what happens on a field without people getting butthurt
Usually even among the best it is lack of maturity. Some coaches also love the "bunker" mentality and get offended if anyone from the perceived outside says anything less than pure praise. Been in a similar situation to yours albeit many years ago and, guess what, I learned from it didn't just get defensive. It is actually why I try not to name names unless in a positive manner but I sure as heck ain't perfect and never will be.

Passion can get the best of any fan in any sport at any level and every single coach and player out there should understand that. Sorry you all don't speak anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT