4. Jackson
5. MICDS

Class 6
1. CBC
2. Lee Summit North
3. Liberty North
4. DeSmet
5. Joplin
In Class 2, I would be shocked if Hallsville is better than they were this year. I also wonder what Bowling Green will be like with the stud RB coming back.

In Class 3, if Dylan Hair stays healthy I think Blair Oaks can have a team similar to 2020. They will return 10 starters on defense and 3 of 4 receivers. Will have to replace some lineman but still return a few. Hair is special and Coach LePage is one of the best.

Class 5, I will be eager to see how good Helias is. They return their QB and some other key guys. I’m not sure if they will make a lot of noise at the state level but I would never count out Coach Hentges and Coach Pitts.

All I know is I’m ready for it roll back around again. Best time of the year!

Deal. didn't realize they're both back next year i changed it 👍
I agree with 65TPT I don't think Hallsville will be as good as this year. They lose QB and they went as he went. They may get there by end of year with the coaches they have but Cobb was really good.

Reactions: 65TPT
Joplins new qb will have to improve tremendously to be that high. Color me skeptical.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Webb brings back most of their defense. They lose a few lineman and the whole backfield on o . They will be better next year than this year imo . Carthage loses most of their line but gall will be a freaking nightmare next year . If guide is smart he puts him at qb and runs qb power run every single play

Class 4
1. St Mary's
2. Smithville
3. Lincoln College Prep
4. West Plains
5. Hannibal
Class 4 will probably look like this. St Mary's is a Clear favorite to Win Class 4 in 2022. If St Mary's be place in district 2 next year they will play Smithville in the Semi's and West Plains or Hannibal in Championship game. Hannibal lose 7 starters on offense and 8 on Defense. what we saw Friday with Hannibal is Williams is the only thing that will put Hannibal in the Championship game. Hannibal O line is Lazy and we lose all playmakers this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 503_Maple
Don't think Pius is a great team next year. They lose alot of their talent this year. (And no they don't recruit or kids go there for athletic reasons) Same names there year after year. 95% of their kids come from feeder catholic schools like st gabes and st theresa.

Think in NWMO MEC Maryville going be the top dog again and make deep playoff run in Class 2 or 3. Heard the kids that are Jr's this year that kicked the round "futball" this year after playing fb their 9th/10th grade are playing fb their senior season.

Soccer team almost pulled it off running the gauntlet of private schools to lose in state championship game 0-1. (Think private school fb dominating bad check out soccer its even worse)

Don't think Pius is a great team next year. They lose alot of their talent this year. (And no they don't recruit or kids go there for athletic reasons) Same names there year after year. 95% of their kids come from feeder catholic schools like st gabes and st theresa.

Think in NWMO MEC Maryville going be the top dog again and make deep playoff run in Class 2 or 3. Heard the kids that are Jr's this year that kicked the round "futball" this year after playing fb their 9th/10th grade are playing fb their senior season.

Soccer team almost pulled it off running the gauntlet of private schools to lose in state championship game 0-1. (Think private school fb dominating bad check out soccer its even worse)
Those kids better be 10x better then the ones who played this year. Otherwise I don’t see it being that much of a difference.

MICDS loses their QB, returns several skill and almost all line. Replacing that QB will be borderline impossible. I don’t see them as Top 5 next year.

• Wow
Reactions: 503_Maple
Class 4 will probably look like this. St Mary's is a Clear favorite to Win Class 4 in 2022. If St Mary's be place in district 2 next year they will play Smithville in the Semi's and West Plains or Hannibal in Championship game. Hannibal lose 7 starters on offense and 8 on Defense. what we saw Friday with Hannibal is Williams is the only thing that will put Hannibal in the Championship game. Hannibal O line is Lazy and we lose all playmakers this year.
West Plains will not be near the championship game next year. They graduate a huge group. The last 2 years were their shot for a little while.

Class 4
1. St Mary's
2. Smithville
3. Lincoln College Prep
4. West Plains
5. Hannibal

As far as Class 4 goes, here’s my take for next year.

Class 4 overall has been down with the departure of Webb, and the success factor pushing Helias up and just overall, Class 4 has been extremely top heavy for a hot minute. Most teams outside of the Top 5 don’t even have a shot.
I think Class 4 is going to be even more down next year outside of the top 5-6 teams.

St Mary’s is obviously going to be a heavy favorite, barring any transfers, injuries, etc.

IF Smithville is returning a lot then I would say they are right behind St Mary's, but still not in their league.

when it comes to Hannibal, just having Williams is going to keep them in the mix in Class 4 as far as being a top 5 team is concerned.

is Helias going to drop back down? I feel like with as much as they lost from last year, it’s pretty remarkable that they ended up 9-2 (albeit with a lower quality schedule) with their only losses coming to the Class 4 runner up in Week 1 and the Class 5 runner up in districts

Now when it comes to West Plains, they’re losing probably their best overall two-way player in school history in Connor Lair and not their best, but their most productive QB in a season by season average in school history, losing 4 Offensive Lineman, their 6’6 wideout, and probably 6-7 defensive starters.

BUT, the cupboard is not bare. They’re returning probably the most athletic player in the conference in Heston Miller. He’s 6’2 190lbs and ran a 4.35 40-yard dash this summer and an 11.1 in the 100m last year as a soph.
He had 41 carries for 464 yards(11.3 Ypc) and 6 TDs & 42 receptions for 751 yards(17.9 ypr) and 10 TDs this year. He is also the career receiving leader for WP and will add to it next year.
He’s going to be leaned on a lot more next year as a Senior. He needs to be more physical when carrying the rock and he was also the main problem this year with dumb taunting penalties and what not and extra curriculars after the play. They’re going to need him to not only lead by example with his play on the field, but with how he conducts himself in between snaps as well.
A kid I’m really excited about for next year is Watson Hafer. He is a WR/TE type and was 6’3 200lbs this year as a Junior with a little more room to grow. Kid can flat out play. He can catch, hit and he had 9 pancake blocks as a receiver/tight end this year. Ended the season with 17 catches for 296 yards and 5 TDs.

Then there’s Garrett Mahan. He’s 6’6 230 lbs and they used him in the backfield this year as well as out wide some. He didn’t have much production, but I expect him to be utilized quite a bit more next year.

WP always reloads on the defensive side of the ball, there are no shortage of hard-nosed physical kids on that team. And they always seem to find some kind of back to replace the guys from the year before, though they have some big shoes to fill this year.

Biggest thing for them is going to be replacing a very dynamic QB who also started all year at safety and replacing their veteran offensive line.
The loan returner in the trenches will be their center Magnus Sanders at 6’1 350lbs.

Aiden Simpson looks to be their starting QB next year as a Senior, outside of Kenslow, he took the most snaps this year. It’ll be interesting to see if Perkins decides to go with a younger QB to develop.

I figure WP will go 7-2 or 8-1 in the regular season, they tend to lay at least one egg a year in conference play, and as far as districts go, I just don’t see a scenario where they end up in a district they can get beat in. I fully expect WP to be back in the quarters next year for the 3rd year in a row and 4 out of the last 5 years.

Question is whether or not they will finally get to host a playoff game or is MSHSAA going to mess around the district numbers again and make this three years in a row they have to go on the road for the playoffs.
The Zizzers have only lost 2 home games in the last 4 years.
Overall they’ve went:
2018: 12-1 (lost @ State Champ Ladue in QF)
2019: 9-2 (laid an egg in districts)
2020: 10-2 (lost by 6 @ state champ Helias in QF)
2021: 10-2 (lost by 9 @ state runner up Hannibal in QF)

Last edited:
Webb and Carthage are going to play 2 more great games next year. Winner of that district game wins state.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the younger Wright kid takes over at QB and Joplin should be pretty salty again next year.

Nixa reloads so those 4 teams are going to duke it out again should be fun.
Breaking up the old Southwest Conference plus adding Joplin put this league among the top 2-3 in all MO. Unrelated to MO really is my interest in what is happening at Nixa because that HC was infamous in the Jackson MS area and state wide. The community where my current employer's R&D facilities reside (Pearl).

Reactions: Arcola
Class 1
1. East Buchanan
2. Hayti
3. Windsor
4. Mid-Buchanan
5. Monroe City

Class 2
1. Lamar
2. Bowling Green
3. Richmond
4. Hallsville
5. Lafayette County

Class 3
1. St Pius X (KCity)
2. Lutheran St Charles
3. Cardinal Ritter
4. Valle Catholic
5. Blair Oaks

Class 4
1. St Mary's
2. Smithville
3. Lincoln College Prep
4. West Plains
5. Hannibal

Class 5
1. Webb City
2. Carthage
3. Holt
4. Jackson
5. MICDS

Class 6
1. CBC
2. Lee Summit North
3. Liberty North
4. DeSmet
5. Joplin
Losing teams return as #1 in class 2 and 3? 😁

Valle hasn't made it out of districts the past two years. How in the heck are they still playing up two classes?
It is about points over a span of years. They collected so many it will take a little while to come back down. Next year may do it, but not sure.

As far as Class 4 goes, here’s my take for next year.

Class 4 overall has been down with the departure of Webb, and the success factor pushing Helias up and just overall, Class 4 has been extremely top heavy for a hot minute. Most teams outside of the Top 5 don’t even have a shot.
I think Class 4 is going to be even more down next year outside of the top 5-6 teams.

St Mary’s is obviously going to be a heavy favorite, barring any transfers, injuries, etc.

IF Smithville is returning a lot then I would say they are right behind St Mary's, but still not in their league.

when it comes to Hannibal, just having Williams is going to keep them in the mix in Class 4 as far as being a top 5 team is concerned.

is Helias going to drop back down? I feel like with as much as they lost from last year, it’s pretty remarkable that they ended up 9-2 (albeit with a lower quality schedule) with their only losses coming to the Class 4 runner up in Week 1 and the Class 5 runner up in districts

Now when it comes to West Plains, they’re losing probably their best overall two-way player in school history in Connor Lair and not their best, but their most productive QB in a season by season average in school history, losing 4 Offensive Lineman, their 6’6 wideout, and probably 6-7 defensive starters.

BUT, the cupboard is not bare. They’re returning probably the most athletic player in the conference in Heston Miller. He’s 6’2 190lbs and ran a 4.35 40-yard dash this summer and an 11.1 in the 100m last year as a soph.
He had 41 carries for 464 yards(11.3 Ypc) and 6 TDs & 42 receptions for 751 yards(17.9 ypr) and 10 TDs this year. He is also the career receiving leader for WP and will add to it next year.
He’s going to be leaned on a lot more next year as a Senior. He needs to be more physical when carrying the rock and he was also the main problem this year with dumb taunting penalties and what not and extra curriculars after the play. They’re going to need him to not only lead by example with his play on the field, but with how he conducts himself in between snaps as well.
A kid I’m really excited about for next year is Watson Hafer. He is a WR/TE type and was 6’3 200lbs this year as a Junior with a little more room to grow. Kid can flat out play. He can catch, hit and he had 9 pancake blocks as a receiver/tight end this year. Ended the season with 17 catches for 296 yards and 5 TDs.

Then there’s Garrett Mahan. He’s 6’6 230 lbs and they used him in the backfield this year as well as out wide some. He didn’t have much production, but I expect him to be utilized quite a bit more next year.

WP always reloads on the defensive side of the ball, there are no shortage of hard-nosed physical kids on that team. And they always seem to find some kind of back to replace the guys from the year before, though they have some big shoes to fill this year.

Biggest thing for them is going to be replacing a very dynamic QB who also started all year at safety and replacing their veteran offensive line.
The loan returner in the trenches will be their center Magnus Sanders at 6’1 350lbs.

Aiden Simpson looks to be their starting QB next year as a Senior, outside of Kenslow, he took the most snaps this year. It’ll be interesting to see if Perkins decides to go with a younger QB to develop.

I figure WP will go 7-2 or 8-1 in the regular season, they tend to lay at least one egg a year in conference play, and as far as districts go, I just don’t see a scenario where they end up in a district they can get beat in. I fully expect WP to be back in the quarters next year for the 3rd year in a row and 4 out of the last 5 years.

Question is whether or not they will finally get to host a playoff game or is MSHSAA going to mess around the district numbers again and make this three years in a row they have to go on the road for the playoffs.
The Zizzers have only lost 2 home games in the last 4 years.
Overall they’ve went:
2018: 12-1 (lost @ State Champ Ladue in QF)
2019: 9-2 (laid an egg in districts)
2020: 10-2 (lost by 6 @ state champ Helias in QF)
2021: 10-2 (lost by 9 @ state runner up Hannibal in QF)
The Cupboard is not bare, but they will be no where near as good next year as the last 2. Any other perspective is just wishful thinking.

West Plains has no one to blame but themselves, and they should definitely not be blaming how MSHSAA aligns things. They laid an egg in 19. In 20 and in 21 they controlled their own destiny and could not get the job done.

Reactions: 7trips5rings
It is about points over a span of years. They collected so many it will take a little while to come back down. Next year may do it, but not sure.
Well Mary’s is gone. They will win a few more if they are young the past few years. Ironically, they may go far and stay in class 3 lol

Carthage will have the best DL, RB, LB, WR, and strongest o lineman (for what that's worth) in the COC next year (if they don't transfer to Joplin) but they will not be deep enough to make any sort of run. A few of the current freshman are big and will have to make an impact.

Breaking up the old Southwest Conference plus adding Joplin put this league among the top 2-3 in all MO. Unrelated to MO really is my interest in what is happening at Nixa because that HC was infamous in the Jackson MS area and state wide. The community where my current employer's R&D facilities reside (Pearl).
John Perry, hell of a guy and a darn good coach too! Lots of respect for Nixa from this WC fan!

Reactions: thetophat2021
Can we just call it like it is, the other bracket from Smithville sucked. West Plains and Hannibal are in a heap of teams that could not crack the top three... Smithville, MICDS and Lincoln Prep. After that, the results of 31-0 Hannibal puts everyone else WAY below. And once again West Plains, OVER-rated as can be. Excelsior Springs played WAY better versus Smithville, and They had NO D at all. Their O put up 220 rushing on Smithville. About a hundred yards more than Horribal did. Kearney had more passing yards vs. Smithville than Hannibal did, and almost as many yards. If that was the best those brackets offered, it weren't good.

Reactions: 4u
Webb and Carthage are going to play 2 more great games next year. Winner of that district game wins state.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the younger Wright kid takes over at QB and Joplin should be pretty salty again next year.

Nixa reloads so those 4 teams are going to duke it out again should be fun.
I can really only comment on the COC teams in the list... I think next year in the COC may be between WC and Nixa and don't see any reason Webb won't be the unanimous favorite in Class 5. I expect it will be a similar season as what was normal for so long where there is Webb and then a handful of teams duking it out for 2nd place. Nixa is clawing at greatness and they are close but still have a ways to go. My friends who live there are excited about football for the first time in a long while.

Carthage will have some stellar kids returning but they also lose a lot of unsung heroes up front which was a big part of how Gall and Kabance were able to do what they did.

I'm with the other Carthage guy I think they will have some real talent and have a good season but I'm concerned about their depth next year especially when it comes to teams with loaded rosters of one-way kids like Webb Nixa or Joplin and what they'd encounter if they made it out of district. I will say that more years than not they have exceeding my expectations though from the beginning of the season.

Joplin is losing their QB who was just a nightmare for most teams they played. I see the eagles as taking the biggest step back to reset but they also have a ton of kids and I think Jasper has things rolling pretty well there. So who knows.

Reactions: Flint222
Can we just call it like it is, the other bracket from Smithville sucked. West Plains and Hannibal are in a heap of teams that could not crack the top three... Smithville, MICDS and Lincoln Prep. After that, the results of 31-0 Hannibal puts everyone else WAY below. And once again West Plains, OVER-rated as can be. Excelsior Springs played WAY better versus Smithville, and They had NO D at all. Their O put up 220 rushing on Smithville. About a hundred yards more than Horribal did. Kearney had more passing yards vs. Smithville than Hannibal did, and almost as many yards. If that was the best those brackets offered, it weren't good.
Agree completely. MICDS and Lincoln were by far the best games. Also, now that all is said and done, I'm not sure MICDS should be able to host. This was the second time we played there in 3 years, they do not have near enough seating. If they host again, they should have to bring in some bleachers. The fancy pants school also doesn't offer a shower in the locker room. The boys get to drive home 4 hours in their own stink. Lincoln couldn't host and I'll bet they had more seating in their home stadium.

Reactions: final4someday
Valle hasn't made it out of districts the past two years. How in the heck are they still playing up two classes?
One 1 more year of class 3 with 0 points would put Valle into class 2 for 2023. But there are some elite class 2 teams to contend with as well. Not sure how the districts would line up for them. We graduated 7 seniors this year We had 14 freshman, 15 sophomores, 12 juniors on this year's roster. Both Fallert qb's are back next year as well as the RB Giesler. Hope we have a big enough freshman class in 2022 to add 15 kids:)

Agree completely. MICDS and Lincoln were by far the best games. Also, now that all is said and done, I'm not sure MICDS should be able to host. This was the second time we played there in 3 years, they do not have near enough seating. If they host again, they should have to bring in some bleachers. The fancy pants school also doesn't offer a shower in the locker room. The boys get to drive home 4 hours in their own stink. Lincoln couldn't host and I'll bet they had more seating in their home stadium.

There is a shower, and I’m sure they could have used it. That locker room at the stadium is the same on both sides, home and away. Sorry you thought it sucked, there were close 2500 people there and it was a good time. Also they hosted based on how the brackets went, MICDS had no control over that.

There is a shower, and I’m sure they could have used it. That locker room at the stadium is the same on both sides, home and away. Sorry you thought it sucked, there were close 2500 people there and it was a good time. Also they hosted based on how the brackets went, MICDS had no control over that.
I am shocked that a fancy pants school did not offer a shower in their visiting locker room. MICDS should get some of the private school money and upgrade their facilities!

Walnut Heights has one HECK of a visiting lock room. After the 83 game, and hearing the players complain, I made it a TOP priority to secure funding for a multi-million dollar facilities upgrade here at Ampipe.

I am shocked that a fancy pants school did not offer a shower in their visiting locker room. MICDS should get some of the private school money and upgrade their facilities!

Walnut Heights has one HECK of a visiting lock room. After the 83 game, and hearing the players complain, I made it a TOP priority to secure funding for a multi-million dollar facilities upgrade here at Ampipe.
I have contacted the higher ups to reach out to you and Ampipe, they’ll get it done with your help

I have contacted the higher ups to reach out to you and Ampipe, they’ll get it done with your help
WHOA! Easy there, Jomjam. Have you seen my doc? If so, then you would know that we here in Ampipe do NOT like fancy pants schools like Walnut Heights!! Those rich pricks will do just about anything to make you think they are better than you!

Now having said that, I might be willing to help MICDS a helping hand. If the price is right, if you know what I mean.

Uggh, you don't run 4.35 and then an 11.1 in the 100m.... A 4.35-40 yd dash is elite company. Don't know the kid and am not saying he may not be fast but 4.35 is unlikely. And if so, he'd be running in the 10's easy in the 100m

WHOA! Easy there, Jomjam. Have you seen my doc? If so, then you would know that we here in Ampipe do NOT like fancy pants schools like Walnut Heights!! Those rich pricks will do just about anything to make you think they are better than you!

Now having said that, I might be willing to help MICDS a helping hand. If the price is right, if you know what I mean.
Oh I’m well aware! You’ll get your beak wet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT