ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early 2022 Class Rankings

If you look at talent coming back, considering the good coaching, and the observations from camps..and 7 on 7...my take:

Smithville top 5 in Class 4 It doesn't matter that you have an entirely new O-line and you lost your three best receivers and two all-time D players, and 14 all-district players...still the team to beat.
Kearney top 5 in C4 (Mainly based on talent and observed them handle Liberty North and other C6 schools at UCM.) Two possible problematic areas that need to be worked on. Talent is not one of them.
Excelsior Springs Top 10- 12 in C4 Coming back from 7-3 season. No passing game at all. Defense suspect.
Platte County top 10 Lost a lot of talent from last year. Coach figures things out and makes them good when he has a limited plate. Their all-world end is not that good vs. the run, because he just doesn't have the weight lifting bug--there are bigger stronger dudes that will push him around again this year.

Last edited:
Anyone know what is more prestigious, JV championships or Jamboree championships?

Heard Joplin actually has a Jamboree banner hung up in the gym

Anyone know what is more prestigious, JV championships or Jamboree championships?

You forgot the most prestigious award. It is the MoRivals Peanut Gallery ranking award. Done before the season starts sight unseen based on where teams were last year despite them losing 40-60 % of starters. I love the opinions based on zero observation especially in the pre season. There are some crystal ball summabitches up in here.

A lot of talk with Kearney being in Class 4, looking at the numbers I think they are going to be really close to Class 5.

A lot of talk with Kearney being in Class 4, looking at the numbers I think they are going to be really close to Class 5.
Last year... Don't think they are going to leapfrog up 13 spots...

2021-22
Class 4 (54)
1. McCluer 913
2. Jeff City 905
3. Farmington 900
4. Parkway Central 895
5. Riverview Gardens
6. McCluer North 878
7. Winnetonka 872
8. Hillsboro 860
9. West Plains 855
10. Hazelwood East 848
11. Grandview 842
12. Kearney 829
13. Van Horn 808
14 Parkway North 806
15. Hannibal 803
16. East ( Kansas City) 801
17. McDonald County 798
18. Vashon/Miller Career 786
19. Lincoln College Prep 775
20. Union 770
21. Carl Junction 753
22. Hillcrest 752

Anyone in the OC know what should be expect from Lebanon, Camdenton and Rolla this fall?
Just now looking through this thread, but I don't know much about Rolla besides they graduated a lot of key players on the offensive side of the ball. I know they'll have a new quarterback and have to replace lots of production, but I don't know them well enough to know their sub-varsity teams to know if they can replace that.

Camdenton was young up front and return a lot of their dudes from a year ago. I will have to see how much the quarterback has improved from a year ago because he struggled (albeit he played through a shoulder injury all season) and I know fans were upset that it was the coach's kid getting to play. I think they'll be solid with good offensive line play and solid skill position guys. Definitely top 3 in the OC if they stay healthy.

Lebanon will bring in a new quarterback this year, but lose A LOT of talent on the offensive line. They will be smaller up front, but return their defensive standouts and should be tough to score on all year. I expect to still see them at the top of the OC this season, but you never know.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I would not sleep on Kearney, this year, and especially the next several years, with the new coach in. They looked sensational at the CMU camp, and what is coming down the pike is decade level talent. Ask Liberty North and Troy about how frustrated they got. K completely dominated Hickman(C6), Ft. Zum North(C5), Northest, Cedar Hill (C6) Raytown(C5), White Hall of Arkansas (C5A) and Shawnee Heights of Kansas (C5A).

2020 Freshmen (Now Juniors) 32-12 over Smithville. And 6 of those were garbage minutes.
2021 Freshman (Now Sophomores) 30-8 over Smithville. And those 8 were versus the 3rd string K defense.

A purple storm is gathering again.
And some call me a prophet....

• Haha
Well, I don't think my CJ Bulldogs will give the Kearney Bulldogs much grief in Class 4 this year.

I thought they'd be vastly improved but I am really, really shocked they are 3-0. The great thing is I'd bet anything the HC and staff are NOT.
Shocked they didn't put up 38-35 on Smithville, but they shot themselves in the foot possession after possession.
Fumble on 3rd and 3., killed the first one. Chop block that killed another possession. A couple bad passes killed another--and so on. Oh, I'm sure SV had something to do with that.

Shocked they didn't put up 38-35 on Smithville, but they shot themselves in the foot possession after possession.
Fumble on 3rd and 3., killed the first one. Chop block that killed another possession. A couple bad passes killed another--and so on. Oh, I'm sure SV had something to do with that.
Early season, too. Barring the unpredictable November weather throwing something at us the rematch will be lots crisper both sides and THE must see game of the season in these parts.

Reactions: _slo_mo_

JV Jamboree, which is a rare one, usually based on the last couple snaps of the jamboree, so you have to be super good to even get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT